Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinity Blood

Default Trinity Blood

I saw an article about the anime in NewType USA and I just d/l-ed the manga and havent read it yet.
    I was wondering if anyone has read it and/or seen the anime.
    It looks pretty good and seems to be a cool concept.

J B
    My Xbox 360 Gamertag is jboncha

My top 5 comic artists (in no particular order):
    Michael Turner RIP (Witchbade, Fathom, Superman/Batman, Soulfire)
    Oh! Great (Silky Whip, Tenjho Tenge, Air Gear)
    Jim Lee (X-Men, Batman, Superman, Divine Right, Wild CATs)
    Tsutomu Nihei (BLAME!, Biomega, Wolverine: SNIKT!, Abara, Digimortal)
    Gabrielle Dell'Otto (Secret War)

From what I could gather here, the animation looks very nice that's for sure. I like the designs. Too bad I couldn't find me a trailer, unless I missed something while browsing those websites.

saw the first 5 or so episodes nice art with intresting charactors didn't see enough of it to make a good judgement on the story but it looks like it might turn out ood but it looks like they are setting up for a tragic love story type thing from what the ending theme shows but this could just be a misdirection

i'll get the rest of the series in the next few days and see how it goes (i have been meanin to do that)

CBR old timer

this won't hit the mainstream anime or make it to the local tv stations soon. it has a conflict with the religious section.
    one night i was looking at the stars in the sky, it made me think, "where the hell's my roof?".

I watched the first episode and didn't really enjoy. Great design and premise, but the constant comedy turned me off, much like Trigun.

right made it to episode 13 so at about the halfway point of the series (i'm guessin it's a 26 epper)

the plot is quite good with each episode being individual but still a unified part of the overarching plot

the one thin i would like is more explanation of what is happenin in the world and certianly a bit more about the vampires/methusala (sp?)

it certianly could go either way at this point to either being a ok series with no real direction or it could slowly fall into place. i hope for the latter

Azumanga Avenger! Yay! The Real Nemo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri_
    this won't hit the mainstream anime or make it to the local tv stations soon. it has a conflict with the religious section.
    Heh, so much for that. It'll be here next Saturday...

Animation & Illustration

Vampires... oy.

It looks neat, but vampires are waaaay overplayed. Espescially the same old "immortal prettyboy" vampires.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Nefarious Cartoonist

Yup, as mentioned, it's coming to Cartoon Network. And has already been airing on Canada's Razor network [MuchMusic spinoff station] for a few weeks.

And the manga AND novels have been licensed by TokyoPop, and are scheduled for later this year. It's time for a flow of Trinity Blood, and the legions of Pope-Glomping fangirls to follow.

Come and drink my koolaid CrossoverManiac's Avatar

CN have played some very anti-religious shows, especially "Moral Orel". Trinity Blood will barely make a blip on their radar.
    "I traveled all of them as I pleased. I walked worlds of smoke and half-truths, intangible. Worlds of torment and of unnamable beauty. Opaline towers as high as small moons. Glaciers that rippled with insensate lust. And one world with nothing but shrimp. I tired of that one quickly." Illyria-Angel the TV Series

Author original superhero story Metadeliquents (updated 07/28/08) and a few anime music videos.

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

I saw it last night. It was a bit goofier than I thought. Actually, I remember seeing the first ep as a fansub a while back at an anime club.

Maybe I've been watching anime for too long, because I tend glaringly notice when the animators take shortcuts in the animation. I didn't think the animation direction was consistantly great. Though certainly those designs were fantastic and I would imagine hard to animate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paploo the Ewok
    And the manga AND novels have been licensed by TokyoPop, and are scheduled for later this year. It's time for a flow of Trinity Blood, and the legions of Pope-Glomping fangirls to follow.
    I definately want to check those out. The anime came across as too cartoony for me and seemed to play into anime animation cliches a bit much.

Actaully, I just found a couple chapters of the scanlations and the art and characters looks very nice. Something about what's done in manga when it's done in anime, it just comes off more cartoony and takes you out of the mood more. In particular goofy super deformations. That kinda bugged me about the first ep I saw last night.

Anyone know if the novels or manga came first?

I also remember hearing one of the original authors or author died before finishing the full series. Anyone know about that?
    Xenos

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Novels came first.

I love this series I've seen the entire thing on bitcomment but now it's coming to adult swim witch sucks dubs are really lame.
    "Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."
    Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by K.O.V.G
    I love this series I've seen the entire thing on bitcomment but now it's coming to adult swim witch sucks dubs are really lame.
    The dub for Trinity Blood was actually decent. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either.

I caught the first ep on the AS Fix. I thought it was okay, but it's not really my thing. The scenes with the Pope and advisors just rubbed me the wrong way - for one thing, how did someone so utterly spineless get to be Pope? I wanted to smack the kid and tell him to make his own decisions. The stereotypical advisors didn't help much, either.

The entire episode had this "We're capitalizing on Trigun's success" feel.

Animation & Illustration

I'm guessing that in the distant, post-apocalyptic papacy, the role might be designated as reincarnative or filial... in other words, the spineless kid is Pope because he's either the son of the last Pope, or because he was born at the same time the last one died, so he's the Pope continually reincarnated (at least within the dogma of the Church in the year 21XX or whatever it's supposed to be), but mostly because he's easily controlled. It seems like the real power is between that blonde woman and the military guy.

Yeah, I got a strong Vash vibe from the main character as well... it's partly the glasses, but it's also because he's playing the same "bumbling good-natured idiot becomes gun-slinging superhuman badass" personality.

I went and read the Newtype article from a couple issues back though, after watching the show, and it looks like it might be good for a hoot. Not something I'd pay for, but I'll follow it on [as].
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio