Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    Storm can go Saiyan 4 in the blink of an eye
    A what? I just know they can fly and shoot phallic shaped energy projectiles. I quit watching the show when they got to the guy who sucks people up with his tail and laughs like an evil haughty Japanese villainess.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Wasn't this the breakdown of the power levels

If everyone is an Omega level mutant, or has the potential to achieve an Omega level feat doesn't that void the whole damn break down and make it as worthless as Power levels in Dragonballs?
    well that was instructive.

BANNED

A what? I just know they can fly and shoot phallic shaped energy projectiles. I quit watching the show when they got to the guy who sucks people up with his tail and laughs like an evil haughty Japanese villainess.
    Blasphemer. GO watch all of Dragonball Z. ALL OF IT. Cell is a mighty villain. Me ♥ Gohan

BANNED

Blasphemer. GO watch all of Dragonball Z. ALL OF IT. Cell is a mighty villain. Me ♥ Gohan
    Well, to be honest, I have been watching a fan parody dub of Dragon Ball Z.

Special guest stars the Justice League of America...and Aquaman, too.

BANNED

Well, to be honest, I have been watching a fan parody dub of Dragon Ball Z.

Special guest stars the Justice League of America...and Aquaman, too.
    you need to see th 100+ episodes of Goku running through the serpent, the 305+ of Goku vs Frieza, the 567+ of Cell Tournament and the rest 154785478957+ of everyone vs majin Buu

BANNED

you need to see th 100+ episodes of Goku running through the serpent, the 305+ of Goku vs Frieza, the 567+ of Cell Tournament and the rest 154785478957+ of everyone vs majin Buu
    *dies*

No I mean it, that many episodes is like up there with Sailor Moon....or Galaxy Express, or Detective Conan, or...fucking Macross (Robotech was the Amercan dub and huge edit to a fraction of the entire series' episode count) *dies again*

BANNED

*dies*

No I mean it, that many episodes is like up there with Sailor Moon....or Galaxy Express, or Detective Conan, or...fucking Macross (Robotech was the Amercan dub and huge edit to a fraction of the entire series' episode count) *dies again*
    omg if you say you never saw all Sailor Moon episodes I'm totally putting you on my ignore list. And I like you, I don't want to do that. Bloody hell. Sailor Galaxy. Ignore

Omega Level

Is Jonah Hill on this list?

He reached the Omega Level in I heart Huckabees.
    Captain Universe is not Monica Rambeau. Monica Rambeau is not in Avengers.

Marvel comfirms these guys, http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Omega_Level_Mutants, but it sucks alot of dudes didnt make it(Prof X, Mags, Storm or Exdous)

BANNED

The whole idea that there are multiple levels of mutants is pointless. Maybe it doesn't need to be retconned, but it shouldn't be referenced anymore in the stories themselves. Nevermind the fact that the supposed Omega-levels seem to get their asses handed to them more than anybody else.

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

I think of it more as categories than levels:
    1. mutants that have a different body (claws, reptilian whatever)
    2. Mutants that can manipulare their own body (fe turn into diamond, gas or whatever)
    3. Mutants that can manipulate sth that's already there: Fe Pyro, fire, Magneto metal, everyone with limited telekenesis,...maybe telepaths too since they basically work with minds that are already there, no idea
    4. Create sth: Fire, ice, tk-shield whatever

It's kind of like the terms themselves in broader categories I guess and makes sense only in so far that you say ok, you can do this and that. If you've got an omega that can manipulate organix matter, he could still easily be taken out by a number of mutants who just aren't organic.
    Though I admit it's become kind of a label for being overly powered, espescially when the only powered people you categorize are mutants.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    The whole idea that there are multiple levels of mutants is pointless. Maybe it doesn't need to be retconned, but it shouldn't be referenced anymore in the stories themselves. Nevermind the fact that the supposed Omega-levels seem to get their asses handed to them more than anybody else.
    Probably because they see a lot of action. And it usually takes a lot of other people to take them down.

So is Cyclops now an omega level mutant? After what was seen on UX 1, I think so.

the term "omega level" is pretty loosely used.

originaly, and perhaps more correctly, it was used to describe certain VERY few mutants with truly abnormal, ridiculous power levels.

some of the first WELL-KNOWN (i'm sure some background characters are also omega) omegas:

-when Nate Grey(if you dont know him, he is "almost" AoA cable, albeit with some differences. when the two met, they even had a weird memory transfer thing due to being almost same genes) came to earth-616 from the AoA timeline, him and Xavier had a telepathic duel due to misunderstanding. Xavier was enhanced by cerebro and was hundreds of miles away. iirc, Nate's Telepathy STILL reached xavier's mind, STILL beat his cerebro-enhanced defenses, ripped xavier's astral form and DRAGGED IT all this distance to present to him. Xavier's reaction was DISBELIEF; not because he'd lost in a telepathic duel, but because he thought these feats were not possible via telepathy. answer: they ARE possible via omega-level telepathy.

David Haller has so many personalities and countless powers. omega level.

Franklin Richards is a unprecedent-scale reality warper. omega-level.

this is basicaly what omega-level mutant means; a mutant whose potential(he might be untrained/beatable!) is so ridiculous it far exceeds what any normal mutant can dream of doing. in a nutshell, Dragon Ball Z: an omega-level mutant can grow his "power level" to ridiculous heights with training. example: what would you think is "insanely powerful telekinesis"? lift a cruise ship? a building? a city block? NO. in the "askani'son" comic, it is quoted Cable's telekinesis, if unchecked by the T/O virus, could "move planets from their orbits".

that was the original meaning. currently, the term seems to be thrown to anybody whom the writers think "genericaly very powerful". the best example of this is Quentin Quire. he is a powerful telepath, but he has NEVER performed ridiculous feats worthy of the omega-level title.