Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    yes. you never see jessica in a bikini.
    To be fair, at least the way Frank Cho draws her, a bikini would be woefully inadequate for our not-so-little Jessica. Not complaining, just sayin.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't seen movement towards something akin to her Age of X costume already. Perhaps too similar to Black Widow?
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the traditional Spiderwoman red costume. However I do find similar issue with it as I have Carol's Ms Marvel costume design still carried over as a classic from the Cockrum era: With everyone's look getting at least minor modernization (seams, extra details, more "realistic" touches), Jessica still in her classic suit looks out of place standing among them.
    Attachment 97663
    Ugh. If there's one thing we don't need more of in comics, its red and black costumes.

Whats her relationship like with Peter?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Whats her relationship like with Peter?
    Aside from being on the same team, she doesn't really have one. There's no direct connection between Spider-Man and Spider-Woman.

BANNED

...although Spider-Woman was a popular recurring back-up feature in Marvel UK's Spider-Man weekly, back when I was a kid.

20p? Wow, those days.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    20p? Wow, those days.
    You think 20p is good? At the time, prices seemed to be rising alarmingly! Take a trip back a few more years...

I know! £2.95

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Aside from being on the same team, she doesn't really have one. There's no direct connection between Spider-Man and Spider-Woman.
    True that there is no direct connection between Spider-Man x Spider-Woman as far as their powers and background history are concerned. Although the moment when they first met, Jessica became somewhat interested with him, especially the Peter Parker side. The one reason why I like the idea of Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanoff becoming members of the Spider-Family(as Julia Carpenter has) is because their personalty and not their Spider-themed costumes. Jessica's cold personalty usually warms up around Spidey and Hawkeye.

It would be nice to see Jessica Drew and Peter Parker develop their friendship in the same manner as he has with Carol Danvers outside of The Avengers. Too bad the writers have her in that relationship with Hawkeye which looks so forced in the manner of making out with each other all the time in front of everyone.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-30-2012 at 10:59 AM.

From Kelly Sue's tumblr:

Q: Will see Spider-Woman in Captain Marvel? I love the first issue and I love the friendship between Carol and jessica. Thanks.
    A: I am writing some Jessica Drew very soon. And that is all I will say about that. #tease

Here's a picture of our favorite Spider-Woman that I've been working on. :)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spider-Woman-Pencils-2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	98430
    Last edited by albone; 08-05-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    True that there is no direct connection between Spider-Man x Spider-Woman as far as their powers and background history are concerned. Although the moment when they first met, Jessica became somewhat interested with him, especially the Peter Parker side. The one reason why I like the idea of Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanoff becoming members of the Spider-Family(as Julia Carpenter has) is because their personalty and not their Spider-themed costumes. Jessica's cold personalty usually warms up around Spidey and Hawkeye.

It would be nice to see Jessica Drew and Peter Parker develop their friendship in the same manner as he has with Carol Danvers outside of The Avengers. Too bad the writers have her in that relationship with Hawkeye which looks so forced in the manner of making out with each other all the time in front of everyone.
    In the first New Avengers storyline, Peter and Jessica had some friendly banter about him 'letting' her use the Spider name, but not the other 40 girls who've used it since. It seemed that Bendis was trying to establish some sort of current, professional relationship that seemed friendly enough.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    In the first New Avengers storyline, Peter and Jessica had some friendly banter about him 'letting' her use the Spider name, but not the other 4 other girls who've used it since. It seemed that Bendis was trying to establish some sort of current, professional relationship that seemed friendly enough.
    I often find that Jessica Drew's relationship with Peter Parker has the potential to go from a professional relationship into a mutual friendship in the same manner as Carol Danvers. I have yet to see Peter and Jessica hanging out together out of costume and having a cup of coffee at the Coffee Bean. I feel that they might have a lot in common than they know. And I am not talking about a full blown romance that she has with Hawkeye either.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I hope Marvel doesn't change up her costume for Marvel NOW! it's just too classic. Aside from that, what direction would you all like to see a Spider-Woman solo book to take? I think it would be cool for her to be fighting some darker, more horrific villains as aposed to traditional superhero stuff and the SWORD angle. I'd like to see Marvel have a hero that isn't "mystical" that takes on enemies like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I hope Marvel doesn't change up her costume for Marvel NOW! it's just too classic. Aside from that, what direction would you all like to see a Spider-Woman solo book to take? I think it would be cool for her to be fighting some darker, more horrific villains as aposed to traditional superhero stuff and the SWORD angle. I'd like to see Marvel have a hero that isn't "mystical" that takes on enemies like that.
    The costume is awesome.
    I'd take the solo book any time. Better villains ;D like flygirl xD