Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Default Sin City Heading To The Small Screen

http://comics.ign.com/articles/660/660955p1.html

October 24, 2005 - Frank Miller's Sin City graphic novels were turned into a critically and commercially successful feature film earlier this year. Director Robert Rodriguez has already confirmed that a sequel is in the works for 2006 and will be based primarily on Miller's A Dame to Kill For. Variety is reporting that the Sin City franchise will continue on the small screen following the release of Sin City 2.

"Also in the works [is] a [series] based on Dimension Films' 'Sin City' -- which would follow in the footsteps of 2006's second pic in Robert Rodriguez's 'Sin' series," Variety stated.

Details on the series will likely remain nebulous for some time, but a 2007 release seems a likely target. Whether the series will be live-action or animated is also unclear, though it would be difficult for a weekly live-action TV series to follow the visual template laid out by Rodriguez's film.

It's also unknown if the series will translate the remaining Sin City graphic novels or be based strictly on all new tales. Considering there are only a handful of Miller's Sin graphic novels remaining, it's a near-certainty that the bulk of episodes will need to be original stories.

The level of involvement from Rodriguez and Miller is also unknown. More details should become available when Miller and Rodriguez begin promoting the Sin City silver screen sequel next year.
    I hope this series ending up being animated. For it to be a live action one it will need a huge budget. And like the article mentions it will need original stories for the T.V. show to work. I wonder how involve Miller is in the T.V. series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Like the proposed Star Wars TV show, I think this is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/660/660955p1.html

I hope this series ending up being animated. For it to be a live action one it will need a huge budget. And like the article mentions it will need original stories for the T.V. show to work. I wonder how involve Miller is in the T.V. series.
    Honestly, I'd rather see an animated series myself, but I'm less convinced it would need an unworkable budget to produce a live action series in that style.

Consider, the only set used for the film was Kadie's, which I suspect will be the exact set they'd use for a series. The rest were digital sets and while they would have cost something to create, would cost very little to recreate or even slightly redress. The challenge that I see would be getting actors who could do anything close to the defining performances given by Mickey Roarke, Clive Owen, etc.

The key, any way you slice it, is going to be the extent to which Frank Miller is involved. If he's heavily involved, which I'm guessing he will be, it should be worth checking out, one way or the other.

Sounds good. I prefer the idea of an animated series. If done right, it could be great. Especially if Miller is heavily involved.

tschuss

The more involvement Miller has, the better. It would be impossible to retain the integrity of the visuals if they tried to do an ongoing TV series live-action, so I'm hoping for an animated version, as well. Really gritty and noirish... kind of like a darker B:TAS, done mostly in black and white, of course.

For the love of God, put it on HBO.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

There's no way they could do a live action show and expect to make a profit... Just go with some more sequels to Sin City rather than a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pullmann
    For the love of God, put it on HBO.
    I'm hoping ABC Family or Nickelodeon.

Why use Dwight or Marv.

They can base the series around Michael.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

On one hand:
    "Yay! More Sin City!"

On the other: Sin City on network TV will be NOWHERE near as gritty as it should be...unless it's on HBO.

Next up! Sin City breakfast cerial! With fluffy Marv Marshmallows!

Quote Originally Posted by BlairH
    Next up! Sin City breakfast cerial! With fluffy Marv Marshmallows!
    Marvmallows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Kirk
    Marvmallows!!!
    Snap, Crackle and Rourke?

The only way this show is going to work is if it's on a channel like HBO.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10228
    Woo-Hoo!! Just what we've been waiting for......watered-down Frank Miller!!! Yay!!!!....................[/endsarcasm].

Yeah, this is an awful idea. Sin City on the small screen ='s crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather see an animated series myself, but I'm less convinced it would need an unworkable budget to produce a live action series in that style.

Consider, the only set used for the film was Kadie's, which I suspect will be the exact set they'd use for a series. The rest were digital sets and while they would have cost something to create, would cost very little to recreate or even slightly redress. The challenge that I see would be getting actors who could do anything close to the defining performances given by Mickey Roarke, Clive Owen, etc.

The key, any way you slice it, is going to be the extent to which Frank Miller is involved. If he's heavily involved, which I'm guessing he will be, it should be worth checking out, one way or the other.

Hmmm not sure the movie didnt actully cost that much

but animation would be easier