Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cappa donna
    If we're talking "uber as they get" then we're talking Phoenix and Franklin Richards. If we're talking non-omegas, then Silver Surfer is up there with Strange and Genis-vell. IMO, power cosmic is more powerful than a human channeling the power of the Vishanti, eventhough he is extremely skilled at doing so. There ain't no amount of mumbo jumbo that can stop as much raw power (that would be a nigh-infinite amount) as SS, Genis, and possibly Sentry command. SS's greatest weakness is has pacifist nature (hence, the shortage off azzz-kicking feats), and Marvel writers afraid to make anyone seem way to out of Earth's hero's league (they must preserve the marketability of their cashcows). Fallen One is not a hero, and I have seen no proof that he is more powerful than Silver Surfer.
    Genis was definitely at the top of his game when he went insane during the Peter David book but unfortunately he was bested by Zemo and the two Moonstones so I dunno if I'd count him as the most powerful anymore (or at least for a while until he comes back).

I gotta throw my hat in for strange. There really shouldnt be anything that can get the drop on him, simply by his very nature. Hes always on gaurd for threats to this dimension, not just entities trying to break in but threats from within this dimension. Its really a classic example of writers not being familiar with him to write him differently than that.

Think about this he protects this dimension as a whole. What defines this dimension? At the least its the physical universe, but mostlikely includes the astral plane and other side realms that are connected. The amount of power he commands is insane and thats why most of his recent appearances have involved some heavy PIS on his part.

Mmmm.... I think Sentry over Strange, in the The Sentry #7 of #8, when Strange is trying to control Sentries mind and starts to loose control he says "I Can't...He was always too powerful...For this type of magic.." then sentry busts out and tells Strange to "Shut up" and punches him in the face, all the while Strange is sitting there scared about what was gonna happen, but sentry difused the situation....temporarily.

Also, I thought Thanos was more powerful than the Surfer? Maybe im wrong, I dont know that much about him.

"this type of magic" is black magic as mentioned in the same book, im sure steven has more tricks up his sleeve
    also you forget steven doesnt have super endurance and he's just gets swatted by a very powerfull man.
    strange needs range up close he's not so good
    and also strange was trying to help sentry not killing
    if push came to shove, Strange easy as cake

True, it was "black magic" and still I dont think we have seen the full extent of Sentry's power, I know he was trying to help him there, but he was still scared shatless.

Mr Immortal. He'll live until the end of time itself.

The Scarlet Witch...

Fantastic Fan of the FF FlameOn4's Avatar

Aunt May :D ;) :p

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOn4
    Aunt May :D ;) :p

that purse is mighty deadly

Power Unyielding Herald of Asgard's Avatar

Until I'm proved wrong in PRINT, it's a toss up between Thor, Thanos, Surfer, or Strange

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Asgard
    Until I'm proved wrong in PRINT, it's a toss up between Thor, Thanos, Surfer, or Strange
    Well Thanos has fought evenly with a vastly powered up Thor until he was bored and trapped Thor in a containment field.

But then again Thanos isn´t a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7
    Well Thanos has fought evenly with a vastly powered up Thor until he was bored and trapped Thor in a containment field.

But then again Thanos isn´t a hero.

would you consider Thanos the most powerful "Character" in the MU?

That Glactus must be pretty powerful too, but also no hero.

I guess Thor and Silver Surfer etc is supposed to be with the most powerful on earth, but you know comics everybody can win against all odds.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentonator
    would you consider Thanos the most powerful "Character" in the MU?
    Nope.
    More powerful than the uper-tire heroes certainly, this is a guy who can whoop Sivler Surfer with his bare hands. But not the most powerful character of all.
    Maybe most powerful without branching into cosmic gods.

BANNED

Because strange can use magic means he can do things that some people can't do, but it does not mean he can counter any attack made against him. He can be subdued by someone with enough brute strength or versatility, but there aren't many people with enough raw power to challenge him. SS, Sentry and Thor are people who can challenge Stephen, or even Shaman Nate Grey. I would never say that Strange is overrated because he's a freakin BEAST, but I don't know why people are confusing him for Classic Juggernaut. He can be stopped.