Default Whatever happened to Milestone Universe?

Did the Milestone U ever join regular continuity? I realize Static shows up in the DCU via his animated series, but other than that, does it still exist?

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Months before Zero Hour in 1994 , the Milestone Universe did cross-over with the DCU Superman books. It was called " Worlds Collide " and you can odds are find these cheap in back issue boxes.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I think, and I may be wrong, but Milestone is not owned by DC, but by Dwayne Mcduffie. DC just published it. All characters are owned by Mcduffie. The Static in JLU was a contractual deal and I've read reports where he is in discussion for Static to be used in Teen Titans.

Cool It Became Static Shock ...

and keeps playing on tv.

Milestone is owned by Milestone, Dwayne McDuffie.

He has long been in talks with DC to buy him out yet allow him some dictum of editorial control over the characters.

I came late to the party on Milestone but love them ! Definitely ahead of their time and not afraid to take chances.

I miss them. I wish Image or someone would pick them up again.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...WWC-HC-cvr.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE HC
    Written by Dwayne McDuffie
    Art by Ed Benes, Shane Davis, Sandra Hope, Jose Luis, JP Mayer, Rob Hunter, Norm Rapmund and Drew Geraci
    Cover by Ed Benes
    The heroes of Milestone Comics return to battle the Justice League in this title collecting JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #27, 28 and 30-34.
    The hero called Doctor Light is missing, and her former Justice League teammates intend to find the man responsible and make him pay. But before they do that, they'll have to get past his Shadow Cabinet of powerful superbeings who have sworn to save humanity from itself. Milestone Comics characters Icon and Hardware make their first modern DC Universe appearances here — and it's not clear whose side they're on!
    Advance-solicited; on sale October 14 • 176 pg, FC, $24.99 US

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...ed/Icon-cv.jpg

ICON: A HERO’S WELCOME TP NEW PRINTING
    Written by Dwayne McDuffie
    Art by M.D. Bright and Mike Gustovich
    Cover by Denys Cowan
    The flagship character from Milestone Comics is back in this new printing of the classic title collecting ICON #1-8. This is the title that introduced Augustus Freeman, a successful lawyer who covertly uses his alien super-powers to help those in need. But when a teenaged girl from the streets convinces him to use his abilities to inspire his people and becomes his sidekick, Rocket, the affluent Augustus embraces his true destiny and becomes Icon, the hero of Dakota.
    Advance-solicited; on sale September 30 192 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    Last edited by RolandJP; 05-18-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

When the Milestone heroes appeared in JLA, it appeared that some of the members knew of them (at least no one seemed surprised by their appearance). Did he just find out from Superman? Or was there some other cross-over? Or do the Milestone characters reside on the DC Earth.

Sandy Hausler

Despite a past crossover (with the Super-books way back when), I think the DC/Milestone relationship has pretty much been reset to "the DCU kinda knew about the Milestone heroes, but they kept to themselves and......meh, whatever."

(Speaking of August's solicits, Zombi appears in BRAVE & THE BOLD that month too)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Despite a past crossover (with the Super-books way back when), I think the DC/Milestone relationship has pretty much been reset to "the DCU kinda knew about the Milestone heroes, but they kept to themselves and......meh, whatever."

(Speaking of August's solicits, Zombi appears in BRAVE & THE BOLD that month too)

Sort of like the wildstorm crossover. I liked the subtle approach.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Learning about this in the DC solicits made my day. Xombi was the best of the Milestone books, in my opinion, and that's saying a lot as the whole line was very good. It was also the spiritual successor to Morrison's Doom Patrol in many ways, and I've tried to follow John Rozum's work since then. (I really liked the first Midnight, Mass. with Saiz' art, but was underwhelmed by the sequel.) Throw in the Spectre, one of my all-time favorite characters, and you have my most anticipated DC book for August.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    When the Milestone heroes appeared in JLA, it appeared that some of the members knew of them (at least no one seemed surprised by their appearance). Did he just find out from Superman? Or was there some other cross-over? Or do the Milestone characters reside on the DC Earth.

Sandy Hausler

I took that as crisis fallout. that they were there all along and we are just finding out.

Oh man...I completely missed the Xombi in Brave & the Bold solicit! I've been looking forward to him showing up for real ever since David Kim's appearance as the alteranate reality 2814 Green Lantern in Justice League. I only wish it could have been as a Vertigo title.
    Legion of Super-Heroes meets Magic the Gathering - kenaustin's korner