Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slung View Post
    Can you see Scott sticking with a 40-something, plastic surgery-enhanced, bitchy, self-centered, ex-stripper, child-abusing, former evil murderer? And yet that is panning out (sorta).
    Least we can thank god Marvel hasn't screwed this good plot turn with Scott up.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I can totally see Jean and Logan together long-term yeh. Look at AoA. He'd love her alot.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikl C View Post
    I can totally see Jean and Logan together long-term yeh. Look at AoA. He'd love her alot.
    Magneto needs a love interest again badly. Rogue and he were interesting for awhile, but the love triangle with Gambit went on too long and the writers burned those bridges a decade ago. What Magneto needs is someone close to his equal mentally and powerwise. He doesn't need another Lee Forrester type relationship.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I love Joseph.
    And the rivalry with Gambit was actually good and interesting. Guy who I love but can't touch or the guy I could love and can?

Mad Jim Jaspers & the Fury finale:

Magneto has taken control of the School and has to make radical decisions, allegiances are made with villains (Hellfire Club). The United Nations decrees that mutants are a menace. Jim Jaspers meets the Fury, and unlike the Jaspers Warp, makes an ally of the Fury (or he thinks he does.) With reality collapsing and the Nimrod/Fury killing more mutants, Forge gets involved and essentially what transpired in Fall of the Mutants happens here. The stuff in Dallas. The Adversary was originally intended to be Mad Jim Jaspers.

However, the finish was different. Instead of the X-Men becoming undetectable to electronic devices, the mutants who entered the Siege Perilous return but with the warps they've undergone (this was indeed used in Inferno and post #250.) Uncanny would have been a much darker comic, with Excalibur intended as the light-hearted one. X-Factor and New Mutants would have cleared the rubble and tried to rebuild mutant/human relations.

I found all this in the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe under the Sir Jim Jaspers section.
    Last edited by david r; 04-07-2007 at 03:36 PM.

More:

Storm: Chris Claremont stated in Wizard #2 (September 1991) that "Storm will have serious doubts about her capacity to lead." He did not elaborate further, but I always took this to mean the mistakes made in Australia, the destruction and abandonment of Xavier's School and the Siege Perilous calamity would have lead to Charles Xavier (recently returned from outer space) to criticize Ororo's handling of the mutant world.

Fabian Cortez: Since Claremont later revealed that Fabian Cortez was a member of the "WildBoys", it is obvious that Fabian was getting closer to Magneto in X-Men #1-3 because he was to eliminate him. The only way to "graduate" into the Inner Circle of the *New* Hellfire Club was to murder an older member. And Magneto had joined the Inner Circle in "New Mutants". Thus, Fabian Cortez was positioning himself close to the Master of Magnetism to murder him (or believe he did) and thus gain access to the new "Inner Circle".

Scott Lobdell/Arcade: Scott Lobdell was a longtime fan of 1970s-villain Arcade, and wanted to write an adventure with him during his 90s X-run. However, editor Bob Harras continually vetoed the idea because Harras felt Arcade was cheesy and old-school. Thus, the comedic story never saw print.

Quote Originally Posted by david r View Post
    Scott Lobdell/Arcade: Scott Lobdell was a longtime fan of 1970s-villain Arcade, and wanted to write an adventure with him during his 90s X-run. However, editor Bob Harras continually vetoed the idea because Harras felt Arcade was cheesy and old-school. Thus, the comedic story never saw print.
    Now there's a story I wouldn't have minded seeing print.

Yay! One more post, and I have 100!

BANNED

That's crap about Storm....Xavier wasn't even around when she challenged Scott for the leadership (and she didn't have any powers)....i'd be damned if some baldman came back from a long vacation and started throwing around orders

Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Cold_Emma_Frost View Post
    That's crap about Storm....Xavier wasn't even around when she challenged Scott for the leadership (and she didn't have any powers)....i'd be damned if some baldman came back from a long vacation and started throwing around orders
    Your posts are so enlightening.

He did that alot. Like, anytime he came back to the team.

BANNED

Thank you! yours are always so......inspiring

Thank you! yours are always so......inspiring
    I get that a lot.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
    He did that alot. Like, anytime he came back to the team.
    Aren't we all happy Scott Summers with Emma's help finally grew a pair and told Xavier where to go ? If he was still with Jean and being all sweet odds are Xavier be saying : "Kiss the ring b-tch" to him :p
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Aren't we all happy Scott Summers with Emma's help finally grew a pair and told Xavier where to go ? If he was still with Jean and being all sweet odds are Xavier be saying : "Kiss the ring b-tch" to him :p
    Except, Jean was usually the only one who had the balls to tell Xavier off. And, I don't think it's Emma that has gotten Scott to the special place where he treats the only father he's ever known like crap - Scott did that all on his own. And Scott has never really been Xavier's lap dog. None of the X-Men have been since they were teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen V View Post
    I still cant belive that this story was not done,or should i say Marvel allowed Claremont to do it.Why did Marvel not allow this story,or did the story not able to come out because of Claremont`s dissagrements with Marvel before he left Uncanny in 1992?
    The Dark Wolverine story was nixed halfway because it ran against Marvel's desire to shove Wolverine into 25 book a month.

I have no problem with Marvel vetoing a story when Chris Claremont first offers it. What burns my ire is when the editor green-lights a story, Claremont and the creative team start the tale, issues see print, and then halfway thru, Marvel nixes it. Leaving readers scratching their heads as to the outcome. The Dark Wolverine story is a prime example of this.
    Last edited by david r; 04-08-2007 at 07:32 AM.