Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dale Keown and the Hulk

Dale is by far the best modern artist to draw the hulk, I hope that marvel will make some plans to get him back drawing old greenskin soon.

Will his work on the hulk ever be collected into TPb form?

Been dying for his work to be collected into trade.

Best bet is if they collect more volumes of those Peter David Hulk Visionaries. Or have a Dale Keown Hulk Visionaries series of trades. Or down the line with those Essential Hulks.

Old Greenskin's been so fortunate to have great artists (Keown, Byrne, Frank, Buscema, Golden, Mignola, McFarlane) working on his book.

Marvel would be wise to try and lure this guy back.

For old time's sake.

Last edited by Steve; 09-06-2005 at 10:01 PM.

That's an awesome image! Where did it come from?

Bruno

He looka lika man! DJ Rustbucket's Avatar

When did Mignola work on Hulk? That sounds pretty cool.

Since playing The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, I've really been needing my Hulk fix. I busted out some old Hulk comics (1999's "Hulk" series) that, for some reason, I never got around to reading. I have a few sparse issues from that series but I'm thinking of collecting all the Paul Jenkins issues.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Keown back on Hulk would be sooooooo badass! His work on Hulk:The End was awesome!

Hell yeah, Keown was the best artist on the title ever......but I really liked Liam Sharp and Gary Frank too.....and of course quite a few others. :)

Quote Originally Posted by HulkMovie
    That's an awesome image! Where did it come from?

Bruno
    It looks like it was a commission.

Nothing that ever appeared in the Hulk issues.

I got it from here.

In color, recreated by someone who looks like Vin Diesel.
    Last edited by Steve; 09-07-2005 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rustbucket
    When did Mignola work on Hulk? That sounds pretty cool.

Since playing The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, I've really been needing my Hulk fix. I busted out some old Hulk comics (1999's "Hulk" series) that, for some reason, I never got around to reading. I have a few sparse issues from that series but I'm thinking of collecting all the Paul Jenkins issues.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Keown back on Hulk would be sooooooo badass! His work on Hulk:The End was awesome!
    Mignola worked on interiors and covers somewhere around issues 306-313.

Some samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakema NL
    Hell yeah, Keown was the best artist on the title ever......but I really liked Liam Sharp and Gary Frank too.....and of course quite a few others. :)
    I think the only gripe I have about Keown was that he never stayed to finish out that Ghost of the Past storyline. He was asked to join Image at the time I believe.

I really enjoyed his rendition of the U-Foes.

Gary Frank was awesome as well. Clean style. I can understand why Marvel got him to follow in Keown's footsteps. His style really kicked in around during the Hulk vs. Shield and Troyjan War storylines. The Silver Surfer, Starjammers, Nick Fury, they all looked fantastic!

Keown's Hulk was the first Hulk I read, so it will always be the definitive Hulk in my opinion. I think the same is true of any creator that introduced you to a character. The issue where the Savage Hulk comes back and the run up to the merged or professor Hulk are still some of my favorite Hulk stories.

He looka lika man! DJ Rustbucket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Mignola worked on interiors and covers somewhere around issues 306-313.
    Sweet images. Thanks, dude. I'll have to check those out.

I wonder why Keown never returned to Marvel, he`s an awesome talent.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

we really need marvel to collect all of peter david's run on the hulk. not only great story-telling but some incredible artists on the book thru-out his run.

ya know, makes me think.....is Hulk the only 'superhero' who wears jeans as a costume? even if they are ripped. ;)

Keown also drew all the Hulk images you saw on the Hulk Movie merchandise. So if you haven't gotten some of those posters, you're missing out.

Also, Keown did a Darkness/Hulk crossover last year that was also very well done. Surprisingly enough, I like the alternate cover drawn by (Silvestri?) over Keown's.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I think the only gripe I have about Keown was that he never stayed to finish out that Ghost of the Past storyline. He was asked to join Image at the time I believe.

!
    Dale was actually pulled from his last two issues 399 and 400 because Todd Mcfarlane mentioned Dale and printed a Pitt Pin-up in spawn #1. Dale wanted to stay on the book until 400 double sized issue.