Well I'm trying to overcome the enormous number of books needed to read Crisis PROPERLY but there's one big thing I'd like to know-
I was planning on starting with the 4 miniseries that lead in, but this FAQ says they spin out of Identity Crisis. Do I have to read Identity Crisis to understand them or do they work on their own?
"After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert
The OMAC Project, Day of Vengeance and Villains United have elements that spin out of Identity Crisis....But they aren't sequels. You do need to read Countdown, however as OMAC follows immediately after the final page of Countdown.
All you need to know is, (Avoiding full spoilers):
What the League did to Batman, the current state of Jean Loring and what the League did to various villains that have them banding together. All things that are explained in Countdown and the mini's anyway.
Rann-Thanagar War, however, is a sequel to the Adam Strange mini. Though it's explained what happened at the end of that mini series in R-T War, (Well the last few pages anyway).
Hello all. I'm sure this was asked to death when they were happening, but what order should I read Identity and Infinite Crisis stuff? For Identity I have
Adventures of Superman #636
Teen Titans #20
Infinite I have...
ALL 4 Crossovers
Secret Files and Origin
Also, is all that enough to get a pretty decent understanding? Thanks alot.
There's an Identity Crisis? What's that all about? Superman and Batman getting neurotic during their mid-life crisis?
theres also a FAQ section above you.
hey paul - where does Teen Titans #26 and Outsiders #28 go in the reading order? they are the last two issues in the titans/outsiders tpb
also missing are the last few issues collected in Ruin Revealed
ok, so just finished the whole enchilada, and i'm hoping you guys can help a newbie out w/ a few questions.
1. So is there a multiverse after Infinite Crisis or just "New Earth"?
2. Whats with Superman losing his powers for a little bit? what comic does this happen in, as it isnt shown in IC #7?
3. why do batman and wonder woman decide to take a year off, and does it show when they do decide besides IC #7?
4. Is Captain Marvel still around or is he trapped in the rock of eternity? Whos that Marvel family guy in white with the mask pictured in the IC #7 splash page?
5. Wheres Hawkman now that his series is hawkwoman?
I guess thats it for now. Thanks guys!
1) Yes there is a Multiverse of 52 earths after IC. You just don't find out about them till the series "52"
2)Superman lost his powers by fying through the Red sun at the end of IC7 That is why they were beating each other to death with their hands instead of with all their superpowers. Does NOT explain how they survived reentery or the fall... or a bunch of other stuff...
3) They take a vacation to reaquaint themselves with humanity. They had both gotten too detacthed from the world
4) Capt Marvel is still in the Rock of Eternity. His story, or rather CM jrs story has been told in Trials of Shazam. Cap is now wearing white and long hair, Not sure about the mask your talking about. I don't have the issue in front of me.
5) Hawkman's back. I've seen him a few times over in JSA. I think during that time frame he was hanging out on Thanagar.
I wouldn't call it Blackmail. I prefer Extortion! The "X" makes it sound Exciting!
I'm drowning and Monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils! - Dilbert
"3) They take a vacation to reaquaint themselves with humanity. They had both gotten too detacthed from the world"
-seems so out of character
"4) Capt Marvel is still in the Rock of Eternity. "
-bring back Cap Marel, DC!
Hey, thanks for the answers. am i missing any issues besides just jumping into 52 and OYL titles?