View Poll Results: Batman or Spiderman

Voters
289. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman

112 38.75%
  • Spider-Man

177 61.25%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

A loser is not someone who is poor, a loser is a pathetic slob who always believes something bad will happen to him and ten does nothing but lie down in a corner crying, not doing anything to try and change his/her life or have influence on others
    A kid from the real world got inspired by Spider-Man and saved another kid from a burning place
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Yeah, yeah...with great power comes great responsibility...he should worry about getting his own affairs in order before worrying about other people's problems, who most of the time do a lot better than him. But then he wouldn't be a "hero", would he?
    What nonsense of a response is this? What does this have to do with what I said?
    Spider-Man is the single character who people give the lamest excuse to hate, Batman get real lame excuses to be determined as a bad character, but not as bad as Spider-Man gets
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sorrow View Post
    Spider-man was offered a deal by the devil in OMD and capitulated losing his wife in the process.

Batman was offered a deal by the devil in Batman: RIP and told him to shove it before kicking his ass and blowing up his helicopter.

I think it's pretty clear who's better.
    Nope, sorry.
    Batman was offered to join the Devil for the good time
    Spider-Man was offered by the Devil to rescue a victim of a gangster, but without anyone going to Hell or joining, just a simple short transaction
    Last edited by Aziz Abbasi; 12-02-2009 at 03:31 AM.
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Spider-man was offered a deal by the devil in OMD and capitulated losing his wife in the process.

Batman was offered a deal by the devil in Batman: RIP and told him to shove it before kicking his ass and blowing up his helicopter.

It is clear all right.

Spider-Man is better than Batman.
    Because Spider-Man sacrificed his marriage(which was something very dear to him) to save Aunt May life.
    This looks like a noble sacrifice to me,instead of being something bad.
    And considerating that Aunt May was always like a mother to Peter Parker,it is quite understantable that Peter would want to save Aunt May.There is plenty of stories in which Peter save Aunt May in the past.

You may want to check Mephisto biography to see that Mephisto is not the devil.
    He is just a powerfull mystical villain really.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

This looks like a noble sacrifice to me,instead of being something bad.
    Yeah that, or maybe a certain writer was too dumb and lazy to write a decent story. We will never know...
    "i never saved anything for the swim back"

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Yeah that, or maybe a certain writer was too dumb and lazy to write a decent story. We will never know...
    I would not call it exactly a bad story.I mean the art was great and it is a emotional read.

But i agree to a certain point that it was a story that was not much well done in completely erasing the mariage out of continuity.
    Since there are still other writers which have to explain now in other stories the loose ends of that development that was not explained.
    As what created the psychic blind spot,or what hapened to Peter Parker and Mary Jane to not get maried and going instead living together.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

LOL! Well played, clerk.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    You may want to check Mephisto biography to see that Mephisto is not the devil.
    He is just a powerfull mystical villain really.
    I disagree. If only there was a ridiculously long thread were we could argue about semantics and his use in the story endlessly, neither one of us giving ground...
    "This is the best movie I've ever seen. It has a vampire and an explosion!"

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

I disagree. If only there was a ridiculously long thread were we could argue about semantics and his use in the story endlessly, neither one of us giving ground...
    Xanadu!!!!

Man, you are on a roll today!

Nice post!

I was a big fan of Spidey. And then I watch the movies and then read the comic.

Now I love Batman the most
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Fair enough.
    I stick with what is said in the official biographies to define the characters and my own knowledge of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Man, you are on a roll today!
    I think I got out of the 'sarcastic' side of the bed this morning

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

I think I got out of the 'sarcastic' side of the bed this morning
    There's a side that ISN'T? Man I need to go bed shopping with you.

I didn't mean that as a come on btw.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    There's a side that ISN'T? Man I need to go bed shopping with you.

I didn't mean that as a come on btw.
    LOL (plus extra characters to make up the minimum post length).

Batman's got almost 40 percent of the vote on the Spider-Man boards? I think that's pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Batman's got almost 40 percent of the vote on the Spider-Man boards? I think that's pretty good!
    Yeah I'm quite surprised by that as well. I assume that there is some protest voting going on!