Default OT: What if Piccolo defeated Goku?

In either of their fights.

In their first fight, Piccolo had Goku dead to rights with some nice skill displays. Would've definately killed him if not for Tenshinhans rescue.. And the later Piccolo arguably would've killed Goku with a flying punch, if Kami didn't intercept.

So what changes, looking at events that occured all the way to the Buu saga?

the show would start centering around piccalo, at least until vegeta shows up.

hard to say whether picalo would have the toughness at that point.
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science. - Preston Manning

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity
    the show would start centering around piccalo, at least until vegeta shows up.

hard to say whether picalo would have the toughness at that point.
    Radditz actually shows up first. Vegeta comes later, after they find out about the dragon balls.

Mysterious Stranger Genma:TheDestroyer's Avatar

It becomes a race to see if Gero can complete a reasonably powerful android before Piccolo nukes the section of the world he lives in.
    "The stern Headmaster, disappointed in his student's academic results, resorts to assassination in order to pass on the educational message. Do your homework, bitch!"

Harry Potter on the murder of Lucius Malfoy (Denarian Lord)

Quote Originally Posted by Genma:TheDestroyer
    It becomes a race to see if Gero can complete a reasonably powerful android before Piccolo nukes the section of the world he lives in.
    Good one.

17 provinces, 17 years to live at most.

How many years later did the Android Saga happen again?

Mysterious Stranger Genma:TheDestroyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CDTM
    Good one.

17 provinces, 17 years to live at most.

How many years later did the Android Saga happen again?
    15 or so years later, I think.

But the androids that took that long to build were his prized creations. I'm pretty sure he could whip up a couple weaker ones in a much lesser time period. They wouldn't even have to be a fraction as strong to stomp Piccolo.

Of course, there are other concerns. Garlic Jr. and Raditz.
    "The stern Headmaster, disappointed in his student's academic results, resorts to assassination in order to pass on the educational message. Do your homework, bitch!"

Harry Potter on the murder of Lucius Malfoy (Denarian Lord)

well... Piccolo would always be evil... and he would have annihilated the rest of the DB crew (Tienshinhan, Kurririn, Yamcha, etc). and um... he would never have become a good guy in the first place... so... sounds like a series-ending proposition to me. the only other chance would be if the Z-senshi ran like hell, trained with Master Karin or Mr. Popo (etc) and took another crack at Piccolo ala tag-team style. this is all assuming that Piccolo allowed them to run away.

nope, if Piccolo killed Goku that would have been the end of it. and if he planned on executing his father's plan... then he wouldn't have been nuking cities nearly as much as is supposed... at least not based on what I've read in the manga.

Toriyama might have received some death threats too. ;)

Tien could drink the magic water and next train with kami and beat piccolo later.

Piccolo was one of the less stupid DB villains, and unarguably the most evil. Just as people said, he would kill the surviving heroes, and resume his routine of nuking one country per year until all of humanity is dead.

If he defeats Goku in his first fight, well... when Raditz comes, eight countries went boom already. It's hard to imagine what Raditz would do.

Second fight... means four countries only, if Junior decides to follow exactly the same plan. Which I think he wouldn't. So, he turns the world into a wreck, Raditz arrives and thinks Goku has done his job. Either he tells Frieza and causes a brief misunderstanding, or he goes looking for Goku and finds Piccolo instead.