Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

I've thought this over, and I would like to use my freebie to change my name to Mormel. It's less cumbersome than the nickname I was using first. It's not motivated by privacy concerns, I've just come to feel as though a nick fits me better on this particular forum than my real name does.

So would that be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Lentze View Post
    I've thought this over, and I would like to use my freebie to change my name to Mormel. It's less cumbersome than the nickname I was using first. It's not motivated by privacy concerns, I've just come to feel as though a nick fits me better on this particular forum than my real name does.

So would that be okay?
    Sure, but understand that this is it. Unless you're going back to your real name, you're Mormel from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Now and then, a user wishes to have his or her User/account name changed. This is fine.
    The purpose of this thread is for those that want their username's changed to post here with their request - it's just a lot more organised than Private Messages.

Please note, however, that the current Forums Guidelines on this matter are still in effect. For those that need a reminder;

The chances of getting a Handle changed unless it is to a real name is pretty slim, so please do not request it unless there are some unique circumstances involved.

The following formats are the standard name changes;
    First name (don't be surprised if name is already taken though).
    First name, last name.
    First initial, last name.
    First name, last initial.
    Other combinations/arrangements may be fine, on a case by case basis.

07/04/11 New Policy
    Everyone is permitted one gratuitous name change to whatever you want (pending admin approval). After that, it's your real name or bust. If you wish to speed up the process, acknowledge that you're aware that your request will use up your one free name change in your post.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

I was aware of the terms before requesting. Thanks, Conn.

Oops, didn't see that you mentioned the freebie name change in the request. Wasn't trying to brow-beat you with the rules, sorry about that.
    Conn Seanery

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Now and then, a user wishes to have his or her User/account name changed. This is fine.
    The purpose of this thread is for those that want their username's changed to post here with their request - it's just a lot more organised than Private Messages.

Please note, however, that the current Forums Guidelines on this matter are still in effect. For those that need a reminder;

The chances of getting a Handle changed unless it is to a real name is pretty slim, so please do not request it unless there are some unique circumstances involved.

The following formats are the standard name changes;
    First name (don't be surprised if name is already taken though).
    First name, last name.
    First initial, last name.
    First name, last initial.
    Other combinations/arrangements may be fine, on a case by case basis.

07/04/11 New Policy
    Everyone is permitted one gratuitous name change to whatever you want (pending admin approval). After that, it's your real name or bust. If you wish to speed up the process, acknowledge that you're aware that your request will use up your one free name change in your post.
    I would like to take advantage of my "one gratuitous name change" to switch from "MisutaaRobaato" to "The Winter Soldier." I had tried to achieve this by opening a new account under the new username and no longer using the old account name, but I was informed by an Admin that this was the incorrect procedure and "The Winter Soldier" account was banned as a result (my fault for not reading the FAQ -- Sorry 'bout that!).

The Winter Soldier is my favorite character in Marvel comics and it's just a cooler username, in my opinion. Is it possible to merge the two accounts under "The Winter Soldier" moniker? If so, that would be terrific! If not, I understand, but I'd still like to request that the change from "MisutaaRobaato" to "The Winter Soldier" take place.

Thank you for you understanding and any efforts you expend toward making this change!
    Tell me again: How is it that everybody on the Internet is smarter than everyone else on Earth?

Name change from MisutaaRobaato.

We had to delete the old The Winter Soldier account to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Name change from MisutaaRobaato.

We had to delete the old The Winter Soldier account to do so.
    That's fine -- Thank you very much; I really appreciate it!
    Tell me again: How is it that everybody on the Internet is smarter than everyone else on Earth?

I would like to also use the "one gratuitous name change" lifeline to go from "Ryantansut" to "Booster Gold". It appears to be available as of now. I realize I just registered, but I didn't think to use it when I first signed up. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryantansut View Post
    I would like to also use the "one gratuitous name change" lifeline to go from "Ryantansut" to "Booster Gold". It appears to be available as of now. I realize I just registered, but I didn't think to use it when I first signed up. Thanks.
    Done deal.
    Conn Seanery

Cool and thanks. I've been looking for a place to actually talk about comics with people and am glad to have found this forum.

can i get my username change to Fargo?

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    can i get my username change to Fargo?
    You got it.
    Conn Seanery

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    You got it.
    thaks!!!!

------

Requesting my username to change to Brimstone Elf. I have read and understand the rule update "Everyone is permitted one gratuitous name change to whatever you want (pending admin approval). After that, it's your real name or bust. If you wish to speed up the process, acknowledge that you're aware that your request will use up your one free name change in your post".

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone Elf View Post
    Requesting my username to change to Brimstone Elf. I have read and understand the rule update "Everyone is permitted one gratuitous name change to whatever you want (pending admin approval). After that, it's your real name or bust. If you wish to speed up the process, acknowledge that you're aware that your request will use up your one free name change in your post".
    Name changed from GL Logan 2814.