Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Future of Marvel Movies

Didn't see this posted yet

Turning his attention to the slate of up to 10 films (which could include sequels) that Marvel will self-finance and distribute through Paramount, Arad named Captain America, Nick Fury, Dr. Strange, Black Panther (“a big, big, big deal”) and Ant-Man (“a Honey I Shrunk the Superhero kind of story”) as part of the possible production slate.

On Captain America, Arad says Marvel has a writer (and the script will take some time as it has to be a “masterpiece”) and someone in mind to star and direct. Arad called him Marvel’s second most famous character by name after Spider-Man, and called the project a “man out of time” story, about someone “looking at our world through the eyes of someone who thought the perfect world was small-town America.”

Marvel is "very close" to striking a deal for an Iron Man" movie, and Arad described its development as a “war” with co-producers New Line Cinema. He also promised an announcement in a few weeks announcing Nick Cassavetes as the writer, who he said as unique emotional attachment to Iron Man's alter ego, Tony Stark, due to Cassavetes relationship with his father, a legendary filmmaker in his own right, John Cassavetes.

Finally, Arad played round robin on a number of other possibilities. Nick Fury ("I'm going back in time. I'm going back to the classic on this. It's about him; it's about S.H.I.E.L.D."); Thor ("We are feverishly working on Thor. It's a vast 'Lord of the Rings' sort of universe"); Deathlok ("There is an actor, a very big star, that we want to do it, and we'll talk to him within a month"); Namor, which he compared to Jurassic Park; and Black Widow (“It's going to be 'X-Men' writer David Hayter's directorial debut”.)
    More at

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=36416

interesting.........

OKAY...I'M RELOADED! GUYANATHUGG's Avatar

Cool, good to see John Singleton's name linked with Luke Cage.

Why is it that Marvel and Avi Arad never talk about Werewolf By Night anymore?

- Peter
    "Holy guacamole! This looks like a job for Wonder Pig!" - Ms. Piggy

Quote Originally Posted by GUYANATHUGG
    Cool, good to see John Singleton's name linked with Luke Cage.
    uh huh...........

The only prescription... HomerJay's Avatar

Good to see that they're taking their time to get Captain America right. Arad is right, it has the potential to be one of the best comic-book flicks ever made. It could either be a rushed & brainless action-adventure, or a thoughtful deconstruction of patriotism and what it means today vs. what it meant to the "greatest generation".
    If what I said can be interpreted as something else and I offended you, I meant the OTHER thing.
    Otherwise, refer to this link: http://www.personal-development.com/chuck/humor.htm

"With great genitals, comes great responsibility." - Ray R

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJay
    Good to see that they're taking their time to get Captain America right. Arad is right, it has the potential to be one of the best comic-book flicks ever made. It could either be a rushed & brainless action-adventure, or a thoughtful deconstruction of patriotism and what it means today vs. what it meant to the "greatest generation".
    The media indealizes WWII because the media then was pro-war. However, Vietnam changed the mainstream media into anti-war & remains so to this day. The mainstream media would rather report about about military acting wrong & overemphazising different aspects about how "bad" the military is as the media turns terrorists into victims. Patriotism has not changed one bit. The media lens, Hollywood, & the mainstream media has changed & remains out of touch with the real world.

It would be interesting to see the Red Skull's character on the big screen, given he is one of the biggest hardcore nazi's in all of comicdom.

The only prescription... HomerJay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM
    The media indealizes WWII because the media then was pro-war. However, Vietnam changed the mainstream media into anti-war & remains so to this day. The mainstream media would rather report about about military acting wrong & overemphazising different aspects about how "bad" the military is as the media turns terrorists into victims. Patriotism has not changed one bit. The media lens, Hollywood, & the mainstream media has changed & remains out of touch with the real world.
    Well, that's kinda what I meant...
    If what I said can be interpreted as something else and I offended you, I meant the OTHER thing.
    Otherwise, refer to this link: http://www.personal-development.com/chuck/humor.htm

"With great genitals, comes great responsibility." - Ray R

Quote Originally Posted by Guts/Batman
    It would be interesting to see the Red Skull's character on the big screen, given he is one of the biggest hardcore nazi's in all of comicdom.
    And lets not make him Italian!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve

Lol. I'm not a cap reader but I have some experience with him from Spidey comics. I say, you go all the way with his character or just forget doing him.

I just hope they don't aim "Captain America" at a family audience because that's what doomed Norman Osborne's character IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    And then the Red Skull cuts off his own hand....

http://ragnarok-2012.livejournal.com

"I don't think there's a single problem facing this planet that can't be solved. I think some of them, the solutions, already exist. The problem is implementing the solutions."
    Robert Anton Wilson

"We're the species that goes beyond our limitations, and so expanding our horizons with our tools is really what human civilization is all about."
    Ray Kurzweil

I want to see cameos in Marvel movies. Wouldnt it be cool if Spiderman III started with Spidey fighting back to back with Cap America? Generally I would like to see an isolated fight including pre-exisiting characters. It would open Audience up to the idea of the Marvel universe, not to mention show people how badass Spiderman is. Maybe they should show him soloing the X-Men. :D
    "Sure, there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious." Alan minter

Quote Originally Posted by Guts/Batman
    Lol. I'm not a cap reader but I have some experience with him from Spidey comics. I say, you go all the way with his character or just forget doing him.

I just hope they don't aim "Captain America" at a family audience because that's what doomed Norman Osborne's character IMO.
    Norman committed mass murder in that movie. He was a delusional MPD who was also an alcoholic. Hell, he was a hell of a lot more violent than the Lee/Dikto version. He told his son to bang MJ and then get rid of her. Nice family you've got.

Serious, what you're bitching about is his costume, not any family friendliness. "Get what you want, then broom her" ain't exactly g rated, dig?
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

You want to know the worst part of the teenage Italian Red Skull? All the dumbass changed they made to the character were pretty bad, but the one actually pretty good change they made, and they totally wasted it. Skull being a failed prototype for Cap, and the skull face was a side effect of the failure? That was actually a brilliant way to make Skull Cap's fighting equal, explain the whole skull face thing, good stuff. But then they had him just be kind of uglier at the end of the movie.

Seriously, if they do make a new Cap movie, the Skull being a Super Soldier prototype is actually a pretty decent and logical alteration that could help the story flow a lot better.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com