Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

I think all of the costumes look great. The only thing that bothers me is the Comedian's hair. It looks really fake. That's a small nit pick considering how well everything else was done.
    Ozymandias's costume works really well, as does Nite Owl's.
    Now where's the Doctor?

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    I think all of the costumes look great. The only thing that bothers me is the Comedian's hair. It looks really fake. That's a small nit pick considering how well everything else was done.
    Ozymandias's costume works really well, as does Nite Owl's.
    Now where's the Doctor?
    I think Billy Crudup was wearing motion sensors during the production so his final appearance hasn't been nailed down yet since he'll be CG'd up ala Gollum or the Hulk.

We'll probably see him later this year.

re: the pics -

I think I just wet myself.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Wow, I thought those pictures of the characters looked great. I have a lot of confidence in Zack Snyder, and I can't wait to see this movie.

Yeah, the Comedian's hair looks fake. Somehow, whenever they try to give an actor a "Reed Richards" it looks phoney. But I think the costumes look great.

I'm glad they didn't give Rorschach an ankle-length trench coat and a wide brim fedora. He's supposed to look mildly pathetic, and the too-short coat is perfect.

Snyder gets it. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but these pics are another good sign.

The Silk Spectre is the only one I'm not sure about, the rest look good.

No photos of Dr. Manhattan?

I'm sorry. I love you. Scott Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan76 View Post
    The Silk Spectre is the only one I'm not sure about, the rest look good.

No photos of Dr. Manhattan?
    Big blue naked dude? I think I'll pass for now :D

J/k

I'm actually looking forward to what the 'beast' will look like, as well as how they'll re-create the Dr.'s origin blast. It should be a part that is cringe-worthy, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    Comedian and Rorscharch look great. Not crazy about the sculpted muscles on Ozmandias and Nite Owl. Not sure about Silk Spectre.
    That's pretty much how I feel.

To extrapolate a bit, they miss the point. Check out Ozymandias here and his movie costume. Yes, it looks much brighter in the comic, but that was the point. He was emulating royalty, especially Egyptian. Also, the color scheme actually had something to do with his outlook on his part in society. The movie costume for Ozymandias looks like what is now a cliched superhero movie costume.

And Owlman looks like a dark avenger, when he was modeled off of a much more light-hearted character, Blue Beetle. That was also the point. Putting a dark avenger in a murder mystery, society-changing epic isn't nearly the same thing as putting a retired, more light-hearted character in the same story.

This is one of the few times I've seen pictures for a movie and had an outright negative reaction to it. These pictures show a lack of understanding of the characters and story motivation. The end product could be much different, but I'm not given a lot of hope by these early pictures.

Rorschach and The Comedian look great though. I actually really like Comedian's hair. Silk Spectre looks decent from what I can see and gets across the sexualized nature of her character.
    Techcitement is an online tech magazine. The term techcitement is defined by the feeling that comes over you when discovering new (or even old and unfamiliar) tech. Techcitement also relates to the idea of any use of technology that proves to be interesting, from politics to social media to fitness. If a story excites us, we want to share it with you. [I co-own this and act as EIC of this, so check it out.]

Elder Member

Don't see anything particularly impressive about these photos, but I'm also not going to jump to any conclusions about the movie based on 5 still production pics. As before, it's still wait and see.

Although ... I will say that the pics do sort of reinforce my reservations that they cast the movie too young.
    Last edited by kalorama; 03-06-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Rorschach and the Comedian are perfection. Silk Spectre it's good. I agree that NiteOwl should look a tad more pathetic...but Ozzy's nipples break my heart. :(

Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

It's still wait and see mode for me.

i like the pics for the most part

Hmm. Nite Owl:

Quote Originally Posted by MaxofSteel View Post
    Nighthawk:

So the movie that's borrowing from the DC comic that borrowed from Charlton has the appearance of borrowing from the Marvel comic that borrowed from DC.

Love all the costumes. No gripes. Like in 300...Zack Snyder gives us the look....

Yes, there are some changes...but I like them all. Watchmen is regarded as one of the greatest..if not the greatest superhero tale of all time..

this could be the greatest superhero movie of all time..hope it is..

Kang does what Kang wants boberttheyeti's Avatar

Rorschach and the Comedian look great as does the Silk Spectre. You know who would look good in Ozymandias's costume? George Clooney. Hopefully Schwarzeneggar is in the movie too. That would make it awesome.