Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Here's an interview with former Ambrosia singer David Pack.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Hey all, check it out!

Here's 5 audio clips from the brand new Ric Ocasek solo CD Nexterday.

I like all five samples, but I think "Bottom Dollar" is the best one.

"Crackpot"
    "Bottom Dollar"
    "Don't Lose Me"
    "In A Little Bit"
    "Silver"
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's a new interview with Journey bassist Ross Valory. It's from the website I work for doing CD reviews.

Ever into the group The Babys? Check out the new website The Babys Archives.com

Here's an interview with Steve Augeri.
    I'm on Twitter

A 25 track John Fogerty best of compilation called The Long Road Home will be released on Fantasy Records on November 1st. The set includes four new live recordings of classic tracks "Hey Tonight", "Bootleg," "Keep On Chooglin'", and "Fortunate Son."
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an audio interview with Journey guitarist Neal Schon.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's some news on a brand new compilation coming from The Band.

Story Link
    I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    A 25 track John Fogerty best of compilation called The Long Road Home will be released on Fantasy Records on November 1st. The set includes four new live recordings of classic tracks "Hey Tonight", "Bootleg," "Keep On Chooglin'", and "Fortunate Son."
    If his performances with the E Street Band on the Vote For Change tour last year are any indication, these live tracks are gonna rock hard.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Any fans of the Levon Helm Band?

Here's a sample from the Queen & Paul Rodgers live CD Return Of The Champions.

"Another One Bites The Dust"
    I'm on Twitter

The Journey DVD Live in Houston 1981 - Escape Tour will be released in North America on November 15th.

Here's the cover art:

Last edited by Deathstroke; 10-06-2005 at 04:15 AM.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Suzi Quatro.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's news on the release of the Jimi Hendrix documentary on DVD.

Article Link!
    I'm on Twitter

Vagabonds and children Adam Crocker's Avatar

Okay I wasn't sure where it should go given the subject, but I guess Beach Boys are classic rock enough...unless "oldies" go in the general music updates so here it goes:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ys.lawsuit.ap/

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Mike Love is suing his cousin and former Beach Boys bandmate Brian Wilson, but Love's lawyer hopes the lawsuit won't mar their good vibrations.

Love filed the lawsuit in federal court Thursday accusing Wilson of promoting his 2004 album, "Smile," in a manner that "shamelessly misappropriated Mike Love's songs, likeness and the Beach Boys trademark, as well as the 'Smile' album itself."

Love's lawyer says it's nothing personal.
    And why?

Love objected to a promotion in which 2.6 million copies of a Beach Boys compilation CD were given away to readers of Britain's The Daily Mail on Sunday newspaper. The lawsuit said the giveaway undercut the band's sales.

The lawsuit seeks damages, including "millions of dollars in illicit profits," and seeks at least $1 million for international advertising "to correct the effects of ... unfair competition and infringing uses."

Oh, fuck you Mike Love. FUCK you. Without Brian Wilson's songs you wouldn't even be able to scrape together enough cash to pay your goddamn lawyers to initiate this ridiculousness, and you know it, you pathetic nonentity.

Of course, this is the same man who accused Bruce Springsteen of "cashing in" on 9-11 by releasing The Rising. Because God forbid somebody should write songs that are actually about something.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Vagabonds and children Adam Crocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X
    Of course, this is the same man who accused Bruce Springsteen of "cashing in" on 9-11 by releasing The Rising. Because God forbid somebody should write songs that are actually about something.
    He also claimed in Mojo that contrary to popular interpretation he didn't oppose Smile, liked Van Dyke Parks' lyrics, and respected Parks...to which Parks then wrote in calling B.S.