Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Here's an interview with ex-Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's an interview with Ex-Eagles guitarist Don Felder.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

There's no title yet, but the new Deep Purple CD is due out April 30th.
    I'm on Twitter

STATUS QUO drummer Matt Letley has decided to leave the band after 12 years. He will make his final live appearance with Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt, Andy Bown and John "Rhino" Edwards on Wednesday, December 19, at the O2 Arena in London.

Says Letley: "It's been a fantastic journey over the past twelve years or so, but I have decided that now is the right time for me to leave QUO and move on to something new.

"No doubt there will be much conjecture that this is somehow related to the upcoming reunion gigs, but I'd like to assure everyone that it has no bearing on my decision. Indeed, I wish the guys every success with this tour and certainly hope to come along to see one of the shows!

"I should like to take this opportunity to thank the guys in the band, our fantastic crew and Simon and the girls in the office for their friendship and professionalism. Most of all I thank the fans without whom I should not have had the chance to play with one of the best rock and roll bands in the world."

Adds QUO manager Simon Porter: "The band would like to thank Matt for a dozen years of loyal service. He's a true pro and it's been a pleasure to work with him. We're delighted that his last hurrah with the band will be at such a prestigious London show and we wish him all the best for the future."
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Yes drummer Alan White.
    I'm on Twitter

David Bowie has a new CD coming out. It's called The Next Day.

It will be out in Australia on March 8th, worldwide (except the UK) on March 11th and in the US on March 12th.

Here's the track listing:

Standard Version:

01. The Next Day 3:51
    02. Dirty Boys 2:58
    03. The Stars (Are Out Tonight) 3:56
    04. Love Is Lost 3:57
    05. Where Are We Now? 4:08
    06. Valentine's Day 3:01
    07. If You Can See Me 3:16
    08. I'd Rather Be High 3:53
    09. Boss Of Me 4:09
    10. Dancing Out In Space 3:24
    11. How Does The Grass Grow 4:33
    12. (You Will) Set The World On Fire 3:30
    13. You Feel So Lonely You Could Die 4:41
    14. Heat 4:25

Total (Approximately) 53:14

Deluxe Version

01. The Next Day 3:51
    02. Dirty Boys 2:58
    03. The Stars (Are Out Tonight) 3:56
    04. Love Is Lost 3:57
    05. Where Are We Now? 4:08
    06. Valentine's Day 3:01
    07. If You Can See Me 3:16
    08. I'd Rather Be High 3:53
    09. Boss Of Me 4:09
    10. Dancing Out In Space 3:24
    11. How Does The Grass Grow 4:33
    12. (You Will) Set The World On Fire 3:30
    13. You Feel So Lonely You Could Die 4:41
    14. Heat 4:25

Bonus tracks:

15. So She 2:31
    16. I'll Take You There 2:44
    17. Plan 2:34

Total (Approximately): 61: 03
    I'm on Twitter

The first single is pretty groovy. Love the build at the end. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

just read that the black crowes ended their hiatus and announced new shows and a new live album for 2013!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/1...13-tour-dates/

Steve Howe has left Asia in order to focus on Yes and other projects. He's been replaced by Sam Coulson.
    I'm on Twitter

Eric Burdon will have a new CD called 'Til Your River Runs Dry out on January 29th via ABKCO Records.

Track listing:

1) Water
    2) Memorial Day
    3) Devil And Jesus
    4) Wait
    5) Old Habits Die Hard
    6) Bo Diddley Special
    7) In The Ground
    8) 27 Forever
    9) River Is Rising
    10) Medicine Man
    11) Invitation To The White House
    12) Before You Accuse Me
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Toto guitarist Steve Lukather.
    I'm on Twitter

TODD RUNDGREN - NEW ALBUM ‘STATE’ & US TOUR

Prolific musical experimenter, premier league pop craftsman, tireless producer, runt, wizard and true star Todd Rundgren will release his new studio album ‘STATE’ on the Esoteric Antenna label via Cherry Red on Tuesday, April 9th.

‘STATE’ is Rundgren’s 24th solo studio album (and that’s not including the 2 albums he recorded with his first band the Nazz, and the 9 albums he recorded with his band Utopia!).

Todd’s latest musical vision is a fusion of rock, soul, r’n’b and electronica that is at once danceable, groundbreaking, spiritual, challenging and infectious.

The full tracklisting of the album is:

TODD RUNDGREN: ‘State’
    1.Imagination
    2. Serious
    3. In My Mouth
    4. Ping Me
    5. Angry Bird
    6. Smoke
    7. Collide-A-Scope
    8. Something From Nothing
    9. Party Liquor
    10. Sir Reality
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with guitarist Robin Trower.
    I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    There's no title yet, but the new Deep Purple CD is due out April 30th.

British hard rock legends DEEP PURPLE will release their 19th studio album, "Now What?!", via earMUSIC, the Hamburg, Germany-based international rock label which is part of Edel Group, on the following dates:

Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Spain: April 26
    UK, France, Benelux, Poland, Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark: April 29
    North America, Italy: April 30
    Sweden: May 1

After various songwriting sessions in Europe, the band recorded and mixed the album in Nashville, Tennessee with producer Bob Ezrin (KISS, PINK FLOYD, PETER GABRIEL, ALICE COOPER, KANSAS). The CD contain 11 tracks, including "Out Of Hand", "Hell To Pay", "Weirdistan", "Uncommon Man" and "Above And Beyond". The latter song references the band's late keyboard player, Jon Lord, in the lyric "Souls having touched are forever entwined."

According to a press release, "Now What?!" was recorded with no musical rules… and it shows a modern and fresh production… to the point that DEEP PURPLE have never sounded so close to the spirit of the '70s in the last 20 years as they do now. The CD has the excellence and elegance of "Perfect Strangers" and the wild freedom of "Made In Japan".

"Now What?!" will also be released as a limited edition with a bonus DVD featuring DEEP PURPLE discussing the new album and one bonus studio cover version. It will also be made available as a double vinyl LP.
    I'm on Twitter

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    British hard rock legends DEEP PURPLE will release their 19th studio album, "Now What?!", via earMUSIC, the Hamburg, Germany-based international rock label which is part of Edel Group, on the following dates:

Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Spain: April 26
    UK, France, Benelux, Poland, Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark: April 29
    North America, Italy: April 30
    Sweden: May 1

After various songwriting sessions in Europe, the band recorded and mixed the album in Nashville, Tennessee with producer Bob Ezrin (KISS, PINK FLOYD, PETER GABRIEL, ALICE COOPER, KANSAS). The CD contain 11 tracks, including "Out Of Hand", "Hell To Pay", "Weirdistan", "Uncommon Man" and "Above And Beyond". The latter song references the band's late keyboard player, Jon Lord, in the lyric "Souls having touched are forever entwined."

According to a press release, "Now What?!" was recorded with no musical rules… and it shows a modern and fresh production… to the point that DEEP PURPLE have never sounded so close to the spirit of the '70s in the last 20 years as they do now. The CD has the excellence and elegance of "Perfect Strangers" and the wild freedom of "Made In Japan".

"Now What?!" will also be released as a limited edition with a bonus DVD featuring DEEP PURPLE discussing the new album and one bonus studio cover version. It will also be made available as a double vinyl LP.
    Its nice to see Deep Purple still going. I do wish that the guys in Deep Purple and Black Sabbath had done that WhoCares album. Those 2 songs were great. I wish that they had did a whole album together.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.