Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Default Classic Rock Update Thread!

To kick off this new thread of news bits and updates we have the news that the Queen + Paul Rodgers tour will spawn a live CD titled Queen & Paul Rodgers Rock Live on September 13th.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The planned North American tour for Queen & Paul Rodgers has been pushed back until 2006.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

maybe the other members of queen haven't realized that freddie mercury is dead, hence it is impossible to tour.
    ZombieHavoc don't shiv.

Considering the European tour has been pretty succesful, I don't think the fans mind all that much.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's a couple of samples from the new Steve Howe instrumental CD Spectrum.

"Tigers Den"

"Band Of Light"

Here's a couple of of samples from Warriors Of The Rainbow Bridge, the new CD from Molly Hatchet.

"Son Of The South"

"Moonlight Dancing On The Bayou"

I'm on Twitter

Here's three new samples from the new Journey CD Generations.

"Out Of Harm's Way"

"Beyond The Clouds"

"It's Never Too Late" (Lead vocal by drummer Deen Castronovo.)

Here's the cover art:

Here's an interview with Uriah Heep's Mick Box (Interview Link).
    I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    To kick off this new thread of news bits and updates we have the news that the Queen + Paul Rodgers tour will spawn a live CD titled Queen & Paul Rodgers Rock Live on September 13th.
    Which raises the question once again - how much frickin' money do Brian May and Roger Taylor need?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    Considering the European tour has been pretty succesful, I don't think the fans mind all that much.
    Which makes me think P.T. Barnum was right when he said there was a sucker born every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Parker
    Which makes me think P.T. Barnum was right when he said there was a sucker born every minute.
    I don't know, man...I'd shell out some cash to see Brian May alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Parker
    Fine, I may be a sucker, but I love Queen and I love Paul Rodgers. I'll soon be parted with my money the minute tickets go on sale.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Deep Purple CD is tentatively scheduled for October. it will be called Rapture Of The Deep.

The Fixx have pulled out of the NBC joke of a series Hit Me Baby One More Time.
    I'm on Twitter

Deep Purple has signed with Edel Records.

The deal covers all the territories outside of the U.S.
    I'm on Twitter

More Journey samples for new CD "Generations."

"Believe"

"Butterfly"

"A Better Life" (Drummer Deen Castronovo sings lead on this track)
    I'm on Twitter

Could David Lee Roth be the successor to Howard Stern?

The Story!

Singer David Pack has a solo album coming out later this year. You can check out a sample of the song featuring a guest appearance from Journey's Steve Perry. "A Brand New Start"
    I'm on Twitter

The Band will have a 6 disc, 111 song boxed set coming out called A Musical History. The set will feature 5 audio CDs and 1 DVD and a 108 page booklet. Here's more details.

Roger Waters has an opera CD/DVD coming out. Check out the info here!
    I'm on Twitter