View Poll Results: Which is your favorite live-action Batman film?

Voters
211. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman: The Movie (1966)

10 4.74%
  • Batman (1989)

19 9.00%
  • Batman Returns (1992)

8 3.79%
  • Batman Forever (1995)

5 2.37%
  • Batman & Robin (1997)

3 1.42%
  • Batman Begins (2005)

166 78.67%
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Default Batman Begins

Didn't see a real thread yet...

I went to the midnight showing here and I have to admit I was surprised at how much I loved this movie. Easily my favorite of any Batman film, including Burton's first.

The feel of this movie is simply much more realistic, less ridiculous, and certainly much more human. Even the most outlandish parts of the film (Scarecrow, some of the driving stunts) just came across as less cartoonish than similar elements in the earlier films. Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul was very understated, which I enjoyed, though I couldn't help observing similarities to speech he may have used as Qui-Gon.

The acting was fine across the board. My favorite character was Gordon. I loved how big his role was. Caine as Alfred was excellent also. Even Katie Holmes was great; she capably added a believable human element to the film, easily surpassing previous portrayals of similar roles played by Bassinger and Kidman.

The only parts during which I cringed were those featuring the little boy. These types of scenes normally pull me out of the story; almost like they're interruptions, but they actually played out well here, largely because they let other characters besides Batman get involved.

Lastly, the ending featuring the Joker's calling card was a great way to go out. We're set up for possible sequels or, if not, simply a (not so perfect) bridge to the later chronological films.

BANNED

completely agree. Great film!!

OKAY...I'M RELOADED! GUYANATHUGG's Avatar

Well, until I see Batman Begins I have to go with Tim Burton's Batman.

Solid movie, well worth the 10 bucks. Only thing that kinda irked me was that Christian Bale's "Batman" voice seemed too forced, but maybe I'm just used to hearing the oh so perfect animated Batman voice.

So many cheers at the end teaser. So many.

The only AdamX fan around TheOnlyXTremeFan's Avatar

Loved the movie, couple of thoughts and spoilers!!! Don't go on if you haven't watched it yet.

1. The parents' death scene was...chilling and horrible. I watched the first Batman the other day and IMO Burton hit a wrong note with that scene, it seemed too over-the-top to me. But this version of it...really really sad.

2. I loved Rachel's speech at the end about masks.

3. So many great actors in this movie, every small little role was filled with somebody awesome.

SPOILERS!!!

4. I think... Ra's Al Ghul will return someday. Right as the train is crashing off the rail, the last we see of him he kinda just closes his eyes, IMHO it's kinda like a "you've won this round Bruce, I'll be back".[/spoilers]

Best Batman movie ever!
    "First he cuts then he fries? I think I like this guy."- Shatterstar (talking about X-Treme)

This is how we know what love is: that Christ died for us.

Freshly Baked Goodness
    Virginia Beach, VA, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib
    Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul was very understated, which I enjoyed, though I couldn't help observing similarities to speech he may have used as Qui-Gon.

Wait a minute...I haven't seen the film yet, only the trailers...but if Neeson's character is Ra's Al Ghul, then who was the sinster-looking bearded guy Ken Watanabe played that I saw in the trailer?

As far as the Joker card goes, Entertainment Weekly stated that Christian Bale has a contract for two more films if this is a success...the same article stated that this was a reboot of the franchise, not a prequel...so I would say what you saw was "sequel foreshadowing".

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy Treat
    Wait a minute...I haven't seen the film yet, only the trailers...but if Neeson's character is Ra's Al Ghul, then who was the sinster-looking bearded guy Ken Watanabe played that I saw in the trailer?
    You're meant to think Watanabe is Ra's, but he's really just a stand-in, allowing Neesom to act unrecognized.

The theater I saw it at ran a Fantastic Four trailer in front of it. I found that kinda funny.

Pretty good movie. I'd say it's the best live-action adaptation of Batman, though I still like the Burton ones a lot for their stylishness, and the shameless camp of the 60's version is amusing, if an aberation.

I was a bit put off, though, by Batman's apparent recklessness in the Police chase scene. Alfred was right when he said it was a miracle no one was killed.
    Last edited by sehthan; 06-15-2005 at 12:37 PM.

BANNED

I loved it as well, the end was almost exactly the same as Batman: Year One, and I loved how they made his glove spikes actually useful, best quote "Its a black....tank"

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib
    You're meant to think Watanabe is Ra's, but he's really just a stand-in, allowing Neesom to act unrecognized.
    Which was destroyed by the fact that he looked more like Ra's, and has the exact same voice as the cartoon version.
    I friggen loved the film, best Batman easily.

This film was amazing. That's all there is to it. It is similar to the cartoon in that it captured the best elements of the Batman mythos that could translate well into film
    Team Cool Approved Corrie Winning member of The Clique if it was real

Damn. Damn. Seen it twice today and it keeps getting better. This was a great story about a man driven by guilt and the loss of his parents. THIS is how you do a "dark" comic book movie.

I liked the fact that a) Bruce went to university and b) Joe Chill was caught- those are two of my favorite pre-crisis elements. I love the scene in "Untold Legend of The Batman" where we see Bruce doesn't agree with the legal system. I also like that this Batman is driven by a desire to help EVERYONE, not just get his parents' murderer.

Goodbye CBR. Take Care.

Saw a midnight showing last night! It was AWESOME!!!!! Dark, brooding, intense....even the soundtrack was cool! GO SEE IT NOW!!!!

So wonderful. Such a good movie.

spoilers:
    One funny moment: is it my imagination, or did they not show whether or not the man condemned by the League of Shadows survived?

"I must save this man, killing dozens of extras and the Last Samurai guy. And by save, I mean blow up the building. If I have a choice on who to save, it is Liam Neeson, for I really liked him as Quigon Jinn."
    end of spoilers

http://ragnarok-2012.livejournal.com

"I don't think there's a single problem facing this planet that can't be solved. I think some of them, the solutions, already exist. The problem is implementing the solutions."
    Robert Anton Wilson

"We're the species that goes beyond our limitations, and so expanding our horizons with our tools is really what human civilization is all about."
    Ray Kurzweil

Freshly Baked Goodness
    Virginia Beach, VA, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Which was destroyed by the fact that he looked more like Ra's, and has the exact same voice as the cartoon version.
    I friggen loved the film, best Batman easily.
    David Warner sounds a bit more cold and crisp than Neeson.