Thread: public enemies

Default public enemies

ok let me just say thank you all for getting me back in to comic's... boy did i need that ... ok .. i just got a few new books .. hush 1&2 .. superman red sun .. dam good book .superman batman public enemiens. and some comic's.and as i was reading the book . super man got beat by captain marvel .. what ! some body feel me in on the loop here .. thats so so lame ... he can't get beat by .. " shazzzam" ...lame ...he's just a kid come on .. as you can see its getting to me ...and did any body read this book its called super man no tomrrow .or no end sor somethng like that its all red its a hard back .. i want to know how it is befor i get it thanks

shazzam ! are you kiding me

If you mean "For Tomorrow" most people here think it's drawn out, overly confusing, and dull.

Personally, I haven't checked it out yet.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Capt Marvels powers are magical and one of Supermans weakness is Magic.

I'd just go for: Superman being the most powerful by far of any superhero or supervillian makes for a very dull story. Furthermore Captain Marvel is a teenager (and we know teenage superheros aren't exactly lightweights in the DCU) and gains the wisdom of Solomon, among other things, when he transforms. Which is nothing to scoff at, especially when compared to a bumped up farm boy.

He may not have been written that way consistantly but Captain Marvel should be on par or above Superman. The only think really keeping writers from making him this way is the idea that Superman should be best in all things, which is a shame.

As a side note, I really think Marvel should have his own universe where he can be the most powerful and/or only superhero. Then again, that brings up the multiverse. Ugh.

may the Force be with you

Actually if you finish reading "Public Enemies" it's implied that Superman and Batmans somehow defeat Marvel and Hawkman off panel (since that's how they get into the White House under said guise). It's possible that Marvel and Hawkman LET them win, but then there's the question of: If they were going to do that anyways, why go through a faux fight to begin with?

Billy MIGHT be able to pull out a win against Superman through endurance, but NOT through the Kingdom Come "lightning" tactic which has been stopped every single time its been used across every story and medium.

Actually if you finish reading "Public Enemies" it's implied that Superman and Batmans somehow defeat Marvel and Hawkman off panel (since that's how they get into the White House under said guise). It's possible that Marvel and Hawkman LET them win, but then there's the question of: If they were going to do that anyways, why go through a faux fight to begin with?

as i was reading the book mr. shazam .. said he had beat superman once befor .. .. and i trying to grasp how .. ?? thats all .. and i don't think hawk man and shazzam let superman and batman win ...because they really don't like each other ....

Astonishing X-Fan If you mean "For Tomorrow" most people here think it's drawn out, overly confusing, and dull.
    thanks ... but it looks like it will be a good book .. i guess i got to get it

I hope the dvd has the same fights and retains the guest stars..

Thumbs up

The trailer for the DVD looks too cool ! Unfortunately it's been pulled from YouTube .....
    - Why can't fan-boys spell "rogue" correctly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainline View Post
    To fake out everyone. Billy and Carter both know that Lex was not the honest person he was portraying. But they had to stage a fight in order to allow the World's Finest team to get close enough to Lex to strike.

Billy MIGHT be able to pull out a win against Superman through endurance, but NOT through the Kingdom Come "lightning" tactic which has been stopped every single time its been used across every story and medium.
    Clark has experience over Billy, which would be to Clark's advantage. Otherwise, it'd be a long and drawn out fight. Billy and Clark did fight before when Clark was under control of Eclipso in "Eclipso: The Darkness Within" and again in "Lighting Strikes Twice". Haven't read either one, but Billy probably beat him then. Unless one of the Pre-Crisis JLA stories was counted as a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    To fake out everyone. Billy and Carter both know that Lex was not the honest person he was portraying. But they had to stage a fight in order to allow the World's Finest team to get close enough to Lex to strike.
    Why would they need to stage a fight just for the benefit of th readers?

Billy and Clark did fight before when Clark was under control of Eclipso in "Eclipso: The Darkness Within" and again in "Lighting Strikes Twice".
    They also had a fight of sotts in Morriosn's JLA run: Cap one-punched Superman. TKO.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

may the Force be with you

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    They also had a fight of sotts in Morriosn's JLA run: Cap one-punched Superman. TKO.
    Not the ideal showing for a Marvel fan, it was actually two sucker punches (first one a complete surprise and the second while Superman was still questioning the first hit) where Cap charges up first (not normal punches as the FX show)... but Marvel goes on to explain the KO:

"I got lucky, and he's vulnerable to magic. Holy Moley, I feel low, but if something goes wrong [with our risky plan to save the world], the Earth's going to need Superman much more than it needs me." Morrison was basically writing in the hand-wave for the plot's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    The only reason to stage a fight would be if Luthor was monitoring... if he was monitoring, then the costume swap wouldn't have worked on Lex. If Lex is not monitoring, then there's no reason to go through a faux fight. The clear implication is that they were beaten off panel, their costumes taken, so that S/B could get to Lex... it was done off panel to fake-out the reader.
    Last edited by Mainline; 05-21-2009 at 11:50 AM.