Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

The new Lindsay Lohan CD A Little More Personal (Raw) has been pushed back 2 weeks to December 6th.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Roots have split from Geffen Records and signed a new deal with Def Jam Left. They'll release the new album Game Theory sometime in 2006.

Meanwhile, Geffen will release a compilation CD featuring album tracks, remixes, and B-sides on November 15th. The album is called Home Grown! Volume 1 & 2: Beginners Guide To Understanding The Roots.

LL Cool J will have his 12 studio album, My Favorite Flavor, out in stores in mid-February 2006.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

New Order will release a two disc greatest hits compilation called Singles in North America on Rhino Records December 6th.

The White Stripes will release the Walking With A Ghost EP on December 6th. Article Link!
    I'm on Twitter

Here's the Real Media video clip for Melissa Etheridge's cover of the Tom Petty song "Refugee."

The new Susan Tedeschi album Hope And Desire came out October 11th. To hear clips of all the album tracks, go to her website.

Here's the cover art:

I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    The White Stripes will release the Walking With A Ghost EP on December 6th. Article Link!
    Thanks! I *heart* The White Stripes.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X
    Thanks! I *heart* The White Stripes.
    Your welcome Spike, that's the whole point of my Update threads, to keep you people with more active real lives up to date!
    I'm on Twitter

I got this from Melodicrock.com.

According to a post on his website, Kasim Sulton has landed the bassist gig for the new version of The Cars. The band is at least tentatively dubbed The New Cars.

The lineup is:

Todd Rundgren on vocals
    Kasim Sulton on bass and vocals
    Elliott Easton on guitar
    Greg Hawkes on keyboards and vocals
    Prairie Prince on drums.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Quincy Jones.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Barbra Streisand.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's a few clips from the new INXS CD Switch.

"Devil's Party"
    "Pretty Vegas"
    "Afterglow"
    "Hot Girls"
    "Perfect Stranger"
    "Hunger"
    I'm on Twitter

Vagabonds and children Adam Crocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    I got this from Melodicrock.com.

According to a post on his website, Kasim Sulton has landed the bassist gig for the new version of The Cars. The band is at least tentatively dubbed The New Cars.
    My first response upon seeing that was "The hell? No Ric Ocasek?"

Either way I did some digging and turned up the explanation for the "reunion". Ric Ocasek has decided not to participate and Rundgren needs to pay bills. He also said on E! Online

"Musicians have notoriously brief careers," he said. "So you see, if someone gives you an opportunity to make a good living for a year without violating your musical ethics (or having to play Beatles songs) and throws in the opportunity to retain your own identity and perform your own material and possibly create new fans, what choice do you have, really?

Ric Ocasek apparently also gave his blessing to the venture.

(Which still hasn't stopped Patient Boy and I from screaming "OMG! SELLOUTZ!" over the whole thing. :p )

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ghetto Fabulous Adam Flex

(Which still hasn't stopped Patient Boy and I from screaming "OMG! SELLOUTZ!" over the whole thing. :p )
    We pretty much call "OMG! SELLOUTZ!" on everything though.

If Joe Strummer fought his way back from the afterlife and dug himself out of the grave to reform the Clash we'd still scream "SELLOUTZ!!!".

Vagabonds and children Adam Crocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Boy
    If Joe Strummer fought his way back from the afterlife and dug himself out of the grave to reform the Clash we'd still scream "SELLOUTZ!!!".
    OMG!!! Joe Strummer came back from the dead!?

SELLOUTZ!!!11

Here's a new article on the revival of Neil Diamond.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Wilco's Jeff Tweedy.
    I'm on Twitter