Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast

Jack White is streaming his new album Blunderbuss on iTunes. It's really good...like...really good.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Susanna Hoffs will self-release her new solo album Someday due July 17th.

The new Blues Traveler CD Suzie Cracks The Whip is due out June 26th via 429 Records.

Track Listing:

1) You Don't Have To Love Me
    2) Recognize My Friend
    3) Devil In The Details
    4) All Things Are Possible
    5) Things Are Looking Up
    6) Love Is Everything (That I Describe)
    7) Don't Wanna Go (feat. Crystal Bowersox)
    8) Nobody Fall In Love With Me
    9) Cover Me
    10) Saving Grace
    11) Big City Girls
    12) Cara Let The Moon
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
    Jack White is streaming his new album Blunderbuss on iTunes. It's really good...like...really good.
    I'm looking forward to this like you wouldn't believe.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Frontiers Records is honoured to welcome Richard Marx to the label for the exclusive release of Inside My Head - a 2 CD album set featuring rare and new material along with new recordings of his greatest hits - on June 1 in Europe. The first single Wouldn't Let Me Love You will be released digitally on May 1 and can be exclusively streamed in full on the Frontiers Records webradio www.frontiers.it/webradio. A video clip is in the works.

A gifted singer and consummate songwriter Richard Marx has left a powerful mark on the music industry over the past 20 years. With 30 million records sold, 3 Grammy Awards nominations, a Grammy Award for “Song of the Year” and an American Music Award nomination for favourite male singer Marx, who has written fourteen #1 songs and had thirteen US #1 songs on the Billboard charts, has remained a fixture on pop and adult contemporary radio for years.

Marx was the first male solo artist in history to have his first 7 singles reach the top 5 on Billboard's singles chart, including the 1 hits “Hold On to the Nights,” “Satisfied” and the worldwide classic “Right Here Waiting.” This feat remains unchallenged. He has also emerged as a first rate producer working with some of the biggest names in the music business including *NSYNC, Barbra Streisand, Josh Groban, Kenny Rogers, Sarah Brightman, Lara Fabian, Sister Hazel and The Tubes among others. More recently, he has written and produced records for Daughtry, Leann Rimes, Emerson Drive, Natalie Cole, Keith Urban, Kenny Loggins, Michael Bolton and actor Hugh Jackman.

The first CD of the Inside My Head set is a new studio record. It features two bonus tracks as well as collaborations with some of the most talent singer songwriters in the business including Chris Daughtry (“Had Enough” and “On The Inside”), Chad Kroeger of Nickelback (who also co-wrote “On The Inside”), Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon (who played and co-wrote “Always on Your Mind”), Jason Wade of Lifehouse (who co-wrote “Had Enough”, also released by his band on “Smoke and Mirrors”), Fee Waybill of The Tubes (“Come Running”), Dann Huff (co-producer and guitarist on “Loved”) and many others.
    Marx said: “I'm excited to be putting out a new release in Europe. My fans there have been incredibly loyal and I hope they like this new music and I hope to be back over touring there soon.”

The second, bonus CD contains amazing new versions of 12 of Marx's greatest hits, including “Right Here Waiting”, “Angelia”, “Don't Mean Nothing” and “Keep Coming Back”.

Marx added: “I wanted to have new recordings of my classic tracks because, while they were all fun to revisit and sing and play again, in a few cases I felt they needed some updating. After playing these songs live for so many years I wanted to incorporate some of the ways the songs have evolved but still retain what people seemed to like about them to begin with.”

Inside My Head will be released in a lavish DigiPack edition and will include the following songs:

CD 1: Had Enough; Wouldn't Let Me Love You; Like Heaven; On The Inside; Through My Veins; Always On Your Mind; Loved; Come Running; All Over Me; Scars; Done To Me; Over My Head; Part of Me.

CD 2: Don't Mean Nothing; Should've Known Better; Endless Summer Nights; Keep Coming Back; Take This Heart; Hold On To The Nights; Angelia; Hazard; Too Late To Say Goodbye; Satisfied; Right Here Waiting; When You Loved Me

I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The new Smashing Pumpkins CD Oceania is due out June 19th via EMI Label Services / Caroline Distribution / Martha's Music.
    Here's the track listing:

01. Quasar
    02. Panopticon
    03. The Celestials
    04. Violet Rays
    05. My Love Is Winter
    06. One Diamond, One Heart
    07. Pinwheels
    08. Oceania
    09. Pale Horse
    10. The Chimera
    11. Glissandra
    12. Inkless
    13. Wildflower

I'm on Twitter

The new Limp Bizkit CD will be called Stampede of the Disco Elephants.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Rick Springfield CD will be called Love Songs For The End Of The World.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with John Lydon.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Robert Cray CD Nothing But Love is due out August 28th via Provogue Records.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Matchbox Twenty CD North is due out September 4th.

1. Parade
    2. She's So Mean
    3. Overjoyed
    4. Put Your Hands Up
    5. Our Song
    6. I Will
    7. English Town
    8. How Long
    9. Radio
    10. The Way
    11. Like Sugar
    12. Sleeping at the Wheel

I'm on Twitter

Ex-Power Station vocalist Michael Des Barres will release his new solo CD Carnaby Street on July 9th via Gonzo MultiMedia.

One time Power Station vocalist Michael Des Barres comes back to life with his new studio album Carnaby Street, due out July 9 via Gonzo MultiMedia. A limited edition version comes with bonus DVD!

The bonus DVD includes an in depth interview with MDB about the reasons behind the album, his band, his take on the music biz, what he listens to and where he's at. Entertaining and informative stuff. A promotional video of the break out song "You're My Pain Killer" along with 4 live videos of the tracks from the album recorded at the legendary Hollywood night club "The Viper Room". Along with some surprise and rare videos from his musical past and an audio of Swan Song act Detective's much heralded song 'One More Heartache".

There is much excitement within the music press and fans alike around the world about the news of the return of glam rock icon Michael Des Barres and his forthcoming CD release 'Carnaby Street' on Gonzo MultiMedia, UK. Michael Des Barres has been entrenched in the rock 'n' roll scene for four decades now; a European nobleman, brought up in England, living in Los Angeles, but with an enduring love of delta blues and the rock and soul of the mid-60s beat boom, he was front man for such seminal 1970s bands as Silverhead and Detective (featuring Tony Kaye of Yes). Jimmy Page personally signed Detective to Led Zeppelin's Swan Song records in 1975. Michael Des Barres was also the singer with the touring and Live Aid version of The Power Station, a Duran Duran spin-off band that became one of the most iconic live acts of the mid-1980s. From 1982 to 1985, Michael was a member of Chequered Past, which included Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols. Clem Burke and Nigel Harrison from Blondie, and Tony Sales of Todd Rundgren ('Runt') and Tin Machine fame. In 1985, Michael penned the song "Obsession", which became a number one hit in 27 countries for LA new wave group Animotion; the track has been featured in numerous movies throughout the years.

After over 40 years of recording and performing, Michael has returned to his mid-Sixties roots with 'Carnaby Street', his first new album in many years. Revisiting his youth in swinging London, 'Carnaby Street' is an aural window into rock and roll's past through the eyes and mind of Michael Des Barres. “The music I am making now is inspired by my past in the mid '60s / early '70s,” Michael explains. “As a kid I would go watch all the skinny white blues rock 'n' roll musicians in the clubs and it hit me like a hammer! I was so influenced by both the courage of these young white guys combined with the soulful rawness of the African American bluesmen, and the hybrid was so fascinating to me that it really stimulated my entire musical vocabulary. So when I got back into writing songs a couple years ago and compelled to play them, realizing that that's really the only thing I wanted to do was to write songs based on the authenticity of what I'd initially heard.”

This album may quote from the idioms laid down by Wilson Pickett, Zoot Money, and The Rolling Stones, but it is no exercise in retro-stylings. This is very much a piece of the second decade of the 21st Century. It may even be Michael Des Barres' most important work to date. The opening line of the title track immediately sets the tone of the album; “I was 19 in 1967, on the streets of London. I was in Heaven. I was Oscar Wilde in velvet jeans. Everything you've heard is everything I've seen.” He is adamant that this is not an homage to mid-Sixties music, but a contemporary album by a contemporary band presenting songs about that particular time in his life: a time when as a teenager just entering manhood the world as a whole was celebrating 'The Summer of Love'. “The name of album 'Carnaby Street', for me, is a metaphor for the swinging London '60s,” says Michael, “that whole youth cultural revolution that literally changed the world. So the name reflects my desire to go back to the roots, the joy and the love of the music when I first heard it.”

Recently, Michael Des Barres reunited with Silverhead for the first time in 38 years and performed to sold out audiences in Japan in April 2012. In support of Michael Des Barre's new album release, several live shows are currently being scheduled. “The majority of the people that have come to see us play, and we've only played perhaps a dozen shows, has been 80 percent a young audience, early and mid-twenties, who consider us an indie band, ironically,” says Michael. “The music we are playing is below the waist rock 'n' roll, and I think that the audiences are kind of starved for a carnal, sensual, sexy blues music. There's nothing ironic about our music – there's nothing angry or apologetic about our music. We are there to make people happy and joyous and fall in love.”

In closing Michael Des Barres has this to impart to his followers of the past four decades: “The message that I have to say to fans and friends, and I don't think of them as fans, I think of them as friends – and they are friends. We should all be friends, and really my belief in connection and engagement and letting people into your life... and I say it in the briefest possible way – love everyone now!”

For more information visit Michael Des Barres official website: www.desbarres.com.

Tracks: 1. You're My Pain Killer , 2. Carnaby Street , 3. Forgive Me , 4. Sugar , 5. Route 69 , 6. Please Stay , 7. Little Latin Lover , 8. Hot and Sticky , 9. From Cloud 9 to Heartache , 10. My Baby Saved My Ass

I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The new Rick Springfield CD will be called Love Songs For The End Of The World.
    The album is due out October 9th.
    I'm on Twitter

What on earth happened to La roux?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Starship guitarist Mark Abrahamian died from a heart attack suddenly after the band's show with Survivor and Boston in Nebraska. He was 46.
    I'm on Twitter

The Rolling Stones are putting out a new Greatest Hits compilation spanning five decades.

Which seems kinda pointless when all their best material came out during their first.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P