Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Barry Manilow's stint at the Las Vegas Hilton has been extended for another 150 shows. Details.

Franz Ferdinand has changed the title of their new CD to: You Could HAve It So Much Better...with Franz Ferdinand.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's news on Shelby Lynne.

Richard Thompson will be releasing a new 13 track album called Front Parlour Ballads. For details on that and much more from Thompson, check out this article.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

A 7 CD Ray Charles box set will be released September 20th.

The set is entitled: Pure Genius: The Complete Atlantic Recordings (1952 - 1959). It will be released by Rhino Records for $150.

The set contains 7 audio CDs featuring 164 tracks made up of live cuts, rarities, collaborations and more. There's a hour of previously unreleased music and dialogue.

A bonus DVD featuring 9 additional tracks is also included. The DVD is a video of his 1960 performance at the Newport Jazz Festival.

Also on September 20th, the sequel to the Ray Charles duets album,Ray Charles: Genius & Friends, comes out. Produced by Phil Ramone the album contains songs that were recorded BEFORE Genius Loves Company and other early works from Charles with modern artists being added into the mix.

The complete Woodstock performance from Jimi Hendrix will be released for the first time ever on DVD starting September 13th. Details here!
    I'm on Twitter

Ashlee Simpson will release her second album In Another Life October 18th. It will reportedly contain 2 songs that make reference to her screwups with the first CD's promotion. (lip synching on SNL, etc...)
    I'm on Twitter

So Amazing: An All Star Tribute To Luther Vandross is due out soon.

Among the featured artists are:

Aretha Franklin - "A House Is Not A Home"
    Celine Dion - "Dance With My Father"
    Elton John - "Anyone Who Had A Heart" (duet with original Vandross vocal)
    Fantasia - "Till My Baby Comes Home"
    Mary J. Blige - "Never Too Much"
    Donna Summer - "Power Of Love"
    John Legend - "Love Won't Let Me Wait"
    Wycleff Jean - "Always and Forever"
    Jamie Foxx - "Creepin'"

Rhino Records is celebrating 27 years in business. Story link!

Big Boi has a new record label.

Singer Marc Cohn was shot in the head in a car jacking. He survived. The carjacker was apprehended.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Lizz Wright.

Fiona Apple's third CD Extraordinary Machine will be released officially at long last through Epic Records on October 4th. You can read the details on the reason for the long delay in this story link.

Irish music's popularity is on the rise. The Story!

Barbara Streisand and Andy Gibb are teaming up again for an album.Guilty Pleasures will be out September 20th. More details here.
    I'm on Twitter

Neil Young has extended his deal with Reprise Records. His new album Prairie Wind is due out September 27th. More details!

Best Of Albums lose their luster!
    I'm on Twitter

Live has signed a deal with Epic Records and will release their new album Songs From Black Mountain in mid-November.

Neil Diamond will release his new album November 8th on Columbia Records. The album was produced by Rick Rubin and will be the first self-titled CD in Diamond's career. A track listing isn't available yet, but three potential songs are "Oh Mary", "Delirious", and "Evermore."
    I'm on Twitter

Interview with Noel Gallagher of Oasis.

Koch Records will release a live CD version of Beth Hart's Live at Paradiso DVD on September 6th. The DVD was released in March 2005.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an article on Dr. John.

The new Robbie Williams CD "Intensive Care" will be released in Europe on October 24th. There is no word on when or if the album will get a North American release.
    I'm on Twitter

Trey Anastasio has signed with Columbia Records and will release a new 12 track studio album called Shine on November 1st in the Dual Disc format.

Here's an article on Marshall Crenshaw.
    I'm on Twitter

Kate Bush will release her first new album in 12 years.

The double disc CD Aerial will be out in Europe through EMI on November 7th. It's out a day later in the US on Columbia Records.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Elton John.
    I'm on Twitter

The Eurythmics will release the 19 track Ultimate Eurythmics CD November 8th via Arist Records. The compilation will lead off with a new track called "I've Got a Life (It's the Only Thing That's Mine)" and close with another new cut called "Is It Just Another Love Affair."

Melissa Etheridge's greatest hits CD The Road Less Traveled will be released October 4th on Island Records. You can read about the five new songs that will appear on the disc and get more details here.
    I'm on Twitter

Blues guitarist/singer Shannon Curfman has posted two new songs ("Do Me" & "Tangled") at her MySpace page..

It's been a long time since she released her debut album Loud Guitars, Big Suspicions when she was 14 years old.
    I'm on Twitter