Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Default The Country Music Update Thread

ABC announced a double shot of country music news today.

After 30 years on CBS, the CMA awards will move to ABC in 2006. The new contract runs for 6 years.

In separate news, the network will air a Kenny Chesney concert special in November

Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks have become engaged.

Check out the video for the new Faith Hill song "Mississippi Girl" here!

Oh, and here's the video for the first single for the upcoming Trisha Yearwood CD Jasper County. It's called "Georgia Rain" Here's the video link
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 06-09-2005 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Editing title to be more accurate.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's a new interview with country singer Lee Ann Womack.

Here's the link!
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Willie Nelson will release his long delayed reggae CD Countryman on July 12th. The 12 track album will be released on Lost Highway Records.
    I'm on Twitter

Kenny Chesney's ABC concert special will air November 23rd (the day before Thanksgiving. It will carry the title Kenny Chesney: Somewhere in the Sun.
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an article about Cowboy Troy, the country music/hip hop singer making the splash in country music these days.

Article Link!
    I'm on Twitter

You can check out videos for two Chely Wright songs (The River, The Bumper of my S.U.V.) here.
    I'm on Twitter

You can check out four performances from singer Mindy Smith by following this link.

Garth Brooks has ended his 17 year association with Capitol Records. Here's the whole story.
    I'm on Twitter

Trisha Yearwood's new CD Jasper County will be out September 13th, 2005.

Here's the cover art:

I'm on Twitter

Has anybody else heard the rumor that Kenny Chesney's marriage to Rene Zelleweger is nothing more than a cover a la Tom Cruise?

Vagabonds and children Adam Crocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by American Brutus
    Has anybody else heard the rumor that Kenny Chesney's marriage to Rene Zelleweger is nothing more than a cover a la Tom Cruise?
    You mean that she's his beard?

No...no I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ghetto Fabulous Adam Flex
    You mean that she's his beard?

No...no I haven't.
    Yep, that's exaclty what I meant. I have some friends who are much more into country music than I am, and that's they told me. Whether it's true or not, who knows and what's more, who really cares? Is the majority of the country music audience that uptight about sexuality?

Yep, that's exaclty what I meant. I have some friends who are much more into country music than I am, and that's they told me. Whether it's true or not, who knows and what's more, who really cares? Is the majority of the country music audience that uptight about sexuality?
    The one genre that almost uniformly supports the Republican agenda and darn near crucified the Dixie Chicks for the singer's comments about the current president?

Oh yeah, very uptight.
    I'm on Twitter

Faith Hill's new CD "Fireflies" is due August 2nd via Warner Bros. Records. There will be 15 songs on the disc.

Here's an interview with Ronnie Milsap.
    I'm on Twitter

Vagabonds and children Adam Crocker's Avatar

Is the majority of the country music audience that uptight about sexuality?
    I don't care about any performer's sexuality but knowing that it tends to appeal to a conservative leaning demographic and looking at the way the voting on gay marriage was going in many U.S. states, I'd hazard a yes.

Here's an interview with Shelby Lynne.
    I'm on Twitter