View Poll Results: Should Wolverine leave the X-Teams?

Voters
108. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes! Finally!

67 62.04%
  • Noooo!

23 21.30%
  • I don't really care...

18 16.67%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation Wolverine finally taking a break?!?

Rumor has it that Wolverine will be taking a well-deserved break from many of the X-Men books (except Astonishing, maybe), to appear mostly in New Avengers. This is great news for some, but a disappointment for others. Do you think that Marvel has the guts take their star X-Man off the X rosters for a while? What do you think would be an event large enough to translate into Wolvie leaving his mutie buddies? I know how he killed Northstar in his solo series, but is that a big enough to justify him departing? And what about the fans that don't read his solo book?

Come on, how many times have Wolverine pulled his Walking out on the X-men act? He'll be back.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099
    Come on, how many times have Wolverine pulled his Walking out on the X-men act? He'll be back.
    But now he has somewhere to go: another team.

It's rediculous to have him on all the x-teams, but I think putting him on Avengers is stupid too.

Wolverine is the main reason that I read the X-Men books, but he is not the only reason. So I can live with Logan being gone for a while.

I think this is great news for the character. Being into fifteen places at once, seemingly, was doing him no good and just seemed to be resulting in more and more fans getting sick of the sight of him. The fact that he was such a shared character made character development hard to do with him, too.

It makes sense for him to focus his energies on the New Avengers if that's the route he's taking, and I don't personally think the X-Men will suffer without him. I would doubt sales will be affected too badly, if at all, and the likelihood is he'll make appearances regularly anyway, especially during major storylines.

I only read his own book and the new avengers, so i donīt care.

Wolverine who? I don't know who you're talking about.

Wolverine needs to join the Great Lakes Avengers then die a horrible death. Bye Wolvie, you little hairy parody you.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM
    Wolverine needs to join the Great Lakes Avengers then die a horrible death. Bye Wolvie, you little hairy parody you.
    By the looks of your avatar, it appears you like hairy men ;) .

I think he IS a hairy man. :p

Well, I will follow Wolverine in his own title and New Avengers. He is the sole reason I am reading New Avengers and I'm pleased to find myself enjoying it.

(I'm trying not to enjoy Spiderman too much because then I may be tempted to follow his books as well and I already read most of the X-titles.)

i dont dislike having him in a x-book, i dislike having him in every x-book. if he only appeared in astonishing, i would be happy (it was the same a year ago with nxm and him appearing everywhere else).
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Springfield... the question is-- which one??!

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-Man
    Wolverine is the main reason that I read the X-Men books, but he is not the only reason. So I can live with Logan being gone for a while.
    see its the opposite for me. I'm not a huge fan of logan, so i think i'll like it better with him taking a short break. its not that I hate him, i just think he's a character thats just a little overused

This could be good for the character and the fans, if it pans out to be entirely true. I like Wolverine a lot, but the overexposure has caused him to not be Wolverine, if that makes any sense. My favorite Wolvie period was when he starred only in his series and adjectivelss X-men. He only appeared elsewere for special events. Of course, this is also when Hama was writing him, so that may have helped. What is Larry Hama doing these days and why the hell isn't he writing Wolverine?

Chocolate covered pretzel

I'd be glad of the break really. He's generally not written consistently so narrowing down the titles in which he appears will help his character.
    But if he does leave soon, he'll reappear everywhere in time for X3...