Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: I Heart Havok

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I still didn't like 245. I felt we were suppose to side with Polaris every step of the way in their conversation and she felt he was just cowardly running away from stuff. I felt him leaving was written as a good thing, but not neccesarily the right thing of Havok to do. But at least he's free from PAD and in the hands of writer who is a lot more interested in developing him.
    Thankfully, Havok is safe for now. Don't worry, Polaris will get hers. Madrox and Layla will always be at the top of the X-Factor food chain.
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I still didn't like 245. I felt we were suppose to side with Polaris every step of the way in their conversation and she felt he was just cowardly running away from stuff.
    I like Havok, I don't love the Havok, but yes we were supposed to side with Polaris every step of the way on the issue only I didn't in part because I didn't agree with her new viewpoint, in part because I don't like feeling like I am being told which view point to take instead of just being offered two differing viewpoints both with value, and finally expanding that little speech out by Lorna into a major criticism of Alex for even a little bit defending Scott. Well, it was a major case of Lorna really shouldn't toss stones around in glass houses.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I really think given the events of Lorna's backstory and UA #1 that speech really should've been given by Alex. I think Lorna would've made more sense standing up for Scott given her history dealing with similar situations.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I really think given the events of Lorna's backstory and UA #1 that speech really should've been given by Alex. I think Lorna would've made more sense standing up for Scott given her history dealing with similar situations.
    Certainly, and he wasn't even straight defending Scott, he was saying the situation wasn't totally clear cut and was gray which is far from an extreme position to have, but obviously it doesn't follow his position on UA and Lorna's black and white view didn't exactly follow what one would have expected from the character reading her over the past 19 years.

In fairness, X-Factor Havok was a tool used for the benefit of other lesser characters.

Polaris Haters

BANNED

Which is what I don't get, Siena.

PAD's first go-round with Havok was all kinds of awesome to me, but this time...I don't know. I get that there were editorial constraints that PAD had to deal with, but I'd like to think that PAD had a say in how the character was presented during this run. But that being the case only heightens my disappointment.

Ah, well.

It's a moot point now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt J. View Post
    Which is what I don't get, Siena.

PAD's first go-round with Havok was all kinds of awesome to me, but this time...I don't know. I get that there were editorial constraints that PAD had to deal with, but I'd like to think that PAD had a say in how the character was presented during this run. But that being the case only heightens my disappointment.

Ah, well.

It's a moot point now.
    Yeah, I get that X-Factor=Madrox these days. So a new leader can never be presented as feeling right or being all that effective. And PAD at some learned he'd get to keep Polaris so he had to tear them apart, to that extent I get it. Still feel it went to far. Maybe Remender wanted him broken down so he'd get to empathesise the younger brother that got everything to prove side of him he seems to like.

What ever the reasons, let's breathe a sigh of relief that Havok is free from being cemented as a failure on X-Factor while his hypocrite of the decade ex-girlfriend spews ridiculousness and z-listers continually one-up him.

Polaris Haters

Im really excited to see what Remender has planned for Havok. I really want him to have a strong presence and show how he is a different leader than Scott. I just wish Cap wasnt around. He's the step on your toes type.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 12-01-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    Psylocke

An awesome rendition of Havok versus Captain America, drawn by Mike Deodato.

i like havok a lot and remender should write him like he used to be writen. also mutant x was awesome.

Why everyone despise havok i need to know I actually like him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkaman Blade View Post
    An awesome rendition of Havok versus Captain America, drawn by Mike Deodato.

Very much agreed.

A nicely done drawing of Havok by Neal Adams.

Neal Adams is about the only one who got that costume right. Cockrum and Byrne did pretty well too.

I heard Silvestri hated the eggbeater part, which probably explains why he was without for much of the second half of his run.