Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: I Heart Havok

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King Alpha
    I thought it was cool when Random first apeared. Random was kicking the shit out of the team and Havok comes by and gives him a check with double the amount of whatever he was getting paid. And that was a PAD and Quasada X Factor.
    didnt the team kicked his butt in later issues? i dislike it when they make a powerful character easy to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by nubly
    didnt the team kicked his butt in later issues? i dislike it when they make a powerful character easy to beat.
    Random was cool when he first apeared and sort of "helped" XFactor. If I remembered correctly, he whissled to take down Raine, and generated a bigger tornado in the opposite direction of that girl who was generating a tornado. And he was quick enough to blast Pietro with is arm gun. But once PAD stopped writing the Character, Random turned into a character who was actually a kid who was lost and in torment or something. Same thing with Guido, when PAD wrote him he explained why he joked around all the time, because it hides his misery of his power. And he was a fun character who had a reason to joke. Writers after PAD liked to write about Guido being miserable and forgot about the joking part.

Back on Topic: Havok. Here's some other stories I thought Havok was cool, at the end of Mutant X, the narrator of the story said Havok was one of the most powerful Mutants. That's cool to hear. He was also smart enough to shoot the Hulk while the Hulk was in the middle of his jumps. He also killed Cyclops in the AOA universe even though their powers are supposed to not work against each other.

And if you didn't know I liked the PAD Havok the best. Give PAD the XMen book and he'll show you Havok's potential.

Y Kant ~ Beekeeper venuscameback's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM
    Havok needs a good artist just to update his original Havok costume!

there ought to be a website devoted to naked and erotic and ordinary and XXX havok pics, which mixes published comics art with fan art

it would have a monthly prize for the poster who submits the best new piece of art of Flight & Havok ... entwined, judged by Bryn of course

and no, i'm not being sarcastic

venus

Quote Originally Posted by Flight

Whats your favourite Havok moment/picture/issue/scene??
    Where do you think Milligan is going to take him??
    I need to know!

I love Havok
    My favorite Havok moment is during Inferno.

Maddie has just gone of her rocker, the team is all violent and acting pretty nutty too, and he goes with her, because he promised he'd stand by her. That endeared me to him forever. Even though everyone else was hellbent on taking her down, he tried to talk to her and pull her back from the dark without violence.

Havok needs to incorportate a codpiece in his new costume.....that would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon
    Havok needs to incorportate a codpiece in his new costume.....that would rock.

He wanted one. But it turns out that his seconday mutation was an amazingly large....package...and the codpiece ended up getting into rooms ten minutes before he did.
    Check out 2009's drawings at my new thread on the Artist & Writer Showcase.

"I prefer working out of strict continuity, because no normal human being can have a firm grip on the constantly shifting bardo-like territory of a comics universe, where entire histories can be erased by a strong enough super-sneeze."- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by DDM
    Havok needs a good artist just to update his original Havok costume!
    There's not much there to update, DDM. ity's a black body stocking and a weird headpeice. There's not really much you can do with a black bodystocking and a weird headpeice. You can change the size of the ehadpiece or the shape. You can show a little skin. That's it, really.
    Check out 2009's drawings at my new thread on the Artist & Writer Showcase.

"I prefer working out of strict continuity, because no normal human being can have a firm grip on the constantly shifting bardo-like territory of a comics universe, where entire histories can be erased by a strong enough super-sneeze."- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by atoningunifex
    There's not much there to update, DDM. ity's a black body stocking and a weird headpeice. There's not really much you can do with a black bodystocking and a weird headpeice. You can change the size of the ehadpiece or the shape. You can show a little skin. That's it, really.
    I'm still all about Havok wearing the speedo.

This should be his new costume. Speedo from Inferno, anyone?
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2005
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Vote Or Die: 2008!

I loved Havok & Polaris in the 1970s. I thought they were very visually appealing. I loved the way Havok's power looked in Uncanny X 100. Wow!

Lorna was equally beautiful in the metallic green costume and the purple Shiar costume.

I,too, had hoped they'd join the team. It's kind of sad that now that they have, they are written so poorly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeangreydp
    I'm still all about Havok wearing the speedo.

This should be his new costume. Speedo from Inferno, anyone?

That thing is asking for a wardrobe malfunction. How did Marvel get away with the Comics Code Authority with Inferno. You think Maddy's costume raised enough eyebrows but Havok! Wow! Marvel was so much more randy in the eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by atoningunifex
    I disagree. The fact that it's so simple invites one to add interesting details but retain its original intent (to look clean enough when the power signature is drawn with it), but that doesn't mean you can't update it. You identify motifs in the original costume: black silhouette, three bands from the headpiece, silver, a little touch of red from the (outdated) jewel, and run with it. I had to stop because I had too many costume ideas (and mixing and matchings details generates even more variations), but I just wanted to post a few to show that it CAN be updated if one thinks enough about it.

Bakla, there are so many reasons right now of why you rule.

The top right Costume there being one of them
    X-Poster of the Year 2005
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Mutant League Winner 2006

So... much... goodness! Can't...choose... favourite! Argh!

Gorgeous designs, Bakla, I second Sir Fury in worshipping you. Just wowser. I think my favourite of those is maybe the top middle, but I keep changing my mind! Just spent far too long looking at them too...

Y Kant ~ Beekeeper venuscameback's Avatar

my favourite's the top left, I think the costumes look less villainous when you can see Havok's hair.

The top righ tis a great cosutme design but I think it suits a villain much better than Havok.

BTW Bakla did you get my PM about those comic books?

venus

Quote Originally Posted by venuscameback
    my favourite's the top left, I think the costumes look less villainous when you can see Havok's hair.

The top righ tis a great cosutme design but I think it suits a villain much better than Havok.

BTW Bakla did you get my PM about those comic books?

venus
    Thanks for the compliments, guys. Havok's such an easy character to get into IMO, and as a result I have way too many ideas for possible costumes for him.

I always liked the codename Havok - it conjures up a badass. In that sense, I thought an all-covered outfit could work, especially if, say, there was a plot point that delved into his losing control of his power, and needing a fully-covered suit to contain it. I like to imagine possible storylines to justify an outfit change. When I sketched that one out, I thought it looked similar to the old Venom/Spiderman outfit, and unintentional though that similarity was, it justified an ominous look for a hero since there was a precedent.

And yeah, venus,, I got the message. it's been a crazy few months. I'll have to dig up the comics and PM you back.
    Last edited by bakla; 04-30-2005 at 07:54 PM.