Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: I Heart Havok

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by priestvyrce
    ALex needs someone like Emma to shake up his world view. Lorna, like Jean, has been too attached to one person and I think needs to find someone else. Bobby must admit that he is pining over the death of Northstar, so he can heal....seriously Bobby needs to grow up and move on to someone more his speed,like......um who IS Bobby's speed??
    i always liked opal. i was disappointed when they wrote her off the stories

Deadpool & Havok forever Neolucifer's Avatar

Originally Posted by priestvyrce
    ALex needs someone like Emma to shake up his world view. Lorna, like Jean, has been too attached to one person and I think needs to find someone else.
    Dont agree about alex needing someone to shake his world . Once again Lorna aint a Jean clone . She even sometimes get the bitch treatment , and got issues from both her personnality ,her past , and her powers , that alone would give depth to the most blank characters . Alex also aint no cyclops , and his jealousy over his brother , and his doubts about his own leadership skills , alone give him depth .
    Those two cant imo be compared to "mr dull" and "miss perfect wife" , obviously boring when paired together , for not that few people .

x-factor was my favorite comic when it was that stage. havok, rahne all of them were great.
    i liked when his new suit but without that glass vizor thing. (like in the draco)
    where's random? i thought he was awesome when he was a hired gun.
    i dont mind nurse anne so much considering polaris was a psycho when they reintroduced her.

Havok is a lovely chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon
    Havok is a lovely chap.
    Yes Sheldon, thats right.

Which writer does everyone think portrayed their favourite Havok?
    Claremont? Peter David? Howard Mackie? Chuck Austen?

Havok is right next to Cyclops and Polaris as my least favorite xmen

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher
    Havok is right next to Cyclops and Polaris as my least favorite xmen
    Then this thread isn't for you. Bye bye.

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flight
    Which writer does everyone think portrayed their favourite Havok? Claremont? Peter David? Howard Mackie? Chuck Austen?
    Well, I enjoyed Chuck Austen's Havok right up until he brought him out of his coma. ;)

I thought it was cool when Random first apeared. Random was kicking the shit out of the team and Havok comes by and gives him a check with double the amount of whatever he was getting paid. And that was a PAD and Quasada X Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight
    Yes Sheldon, thats right.

Which writer does everyone think portrayed their favourite Havok?
    Claremont? Peter David? Howard Mackie? Chuck Austen?
    PAD for me. You?

Roy Thomas, Chris Claremont, & Peter David

Havok is cool. He really needs to do some team-leading.

Havok needs a good artist just to update his original Havok costume!

Y'know, I really thought I'd written more in this thread before my last post which is why I didn't elaborate more but... apparently not. So, here goes! :D

Havok's original costume is one of my favourite costumes ever. The elaborate (for its time) headpiece is such a great counterpoint to that sleek and deceptively stylish solid black suit, and the power rings on his chest really enhanced it too. I always really liked how he was drawn just a little slimmer to increase the impact of the solid black. I love it when that original idea is incorporated into whatever costume he's wearing at the time. And actually, I'd be cool with it if he returned to it without any tweaks, I think its a strong enough design that he could get away with it.

On the subject of him being a team leader, he currently is leading a squad in adjectiveless X-Men. I feel like his run in X-Factor developed him beyond the point where he needs to doubt his leadership abilities, but perhaps he feels more pressure in his current role, particularly considering his peers as X-team leaders are Storm and Cyclops. I like seeing his abilities as a leader developed, he has the potential to be as important a figure in those teams as folks like Scott, Ororo and even Charles. His self-confidence is the only thing that stops him taking that final step across the line to being an outstanding X-Men leader and figure in the mutant world. That very quality makes him a lot more human and endearing, though.

Aaaaand as for his love life. No Annie. Annie bad. I want to see him back with Lorna. I'm not sure if that's because he's always been with Lorna and it feels safe and snug to me, but, either way, I think their relationship remains really interesting, certainly moreso than, say, Rogue and Remy. Considering what the two characters have been through since they were last a stable couple in X-Factor, a reunion between them, tense but passionate, would be a great plotline to read. At this stage they would easily be the most interesting couple in the X-universe, in my opinion.

Sorry, but Havok's character, together with Lorna's is F__KED UP and almost to the point of BEYOND REPAIR for me now. (together with Psylocke & Jean)

While i enjoyed Peter David & Pad's X-Factor, i really didn't get why Alex was picked to be the leader of that motley crew by Xavier??~ It was like, Yeah we've got Storm & your brother Cyclops leading REAL X-Men teams. Here, go lead your own "government-sponsored" team of 2nd class mutants.
    WhaaaaaaaAAaaaat?~?~?
    He was a freakin Genoshan magistrated before that.
    And then just a reluctant X-Man during the Aussie Outback days, just like Dazzler, whom everyone thinks as a loser. So why isn't Havok a LOSER as well..?? He just tagged along coz the love-of-his-life then got possessed by Malice & led the Marauders. Now THAT was pure drama.
    Storm & Wolvie led the silly bunch, with Psylocke (& Rogue in a few moments) showing leadership qualities. WhEN DiD HAVOk EVER SHOW LEADERSHIP QUALITIES BACK THEN~?~?~?
    Not that i'm saying the kid ain't cut out to be an X-Man, coz the issue where he tracks down the X-Men (with Psylocke proposing to kill him in order to save him) , that was a STELLAR issue, & is to me, the DEFINITIVE HAVOK STORY as well. Showed his self-doubt & his physical & mental prowess. He was a GREAT reluctant hero, together with Ali & Dr. Cecelia Reyes.

Now with all that SHIT about Alex turning bad-ass evil (on purpose or faked? What? Puh-leez) then supposedly died in an explosion, only to have actually been sucked into a morbid dimension where he led a group of monsters & was in love with Maddie (No, i really don't care about titles where characters are stranded in alternate realities), then he came back coz his physical body was actually still intact & not blown to smithereens & was in a coma in some hospital but SOMEHOW NONE OF THE X-MEN bothered to doouble-check for corpses!~?? (WHAAAAAAAAAAT!??!?! Can we SPELL R.I.DICK.U.L.O.U.S.)
    Then he was made LEADER of a squad of X-Men SIMPLY BECAUSE HE JUST WOKE FROM A COMA & WAS AVAILABLE & had the last name Summers~??!?!~~ (*ROLL EYES, i'm SURE Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Shadowcat & even Angel or Husk make better leaders than HE DID. And he just woke from a freakin COMA~~!!!)
    Then he dumped poor Lorna 5 minutes before saying their vows just because he fell in LOVE with a human NURSE because the nurse's SON had awesome psychic powers of subliminal suggestion.

For FUCK's sake, that's not storytelling.
    That character is RUINED forever.
    It really DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO ME whether he's blond & has abs & buns of steel, & looks HOT in speedos, short running shorts or demon-ripped loincloth.

REMOVE Alex & Lorna from the X-fold, let them be archaeo-geologists & occasionally kick butt. But there really isn't any redemption for them now.
    Poor dears.
    Blame the freakin writers.
    It's not my fault.
    Last edited by Mr. Jip; 04-27-2005 at 05:58 PM.