Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: I Heart Havok

Quote Originally Posted by Master Darque
    I'll have to check out which issue it was .... but it was an issue that was current with Meltdown at the time . Actually there was an issue where Wolvie says he's going on a road trip and Alex decides to go as well .... I think to get over Maddy , or his feelings for her .

Then there is mention made when they return ...Wolverine is still sporting the crazy big hair-points as he talks to Storm about the trip ....all the while washing mousse out of his hair .

It's funny ...... but the only costume of his I have EVER liked is probably his corniest ... the very 1st one .

Also .... I have the very 1st appearance of Alex ...I believe it's Uncanny 54 ....bought it for a DOLLAR at a swap meet and it is in VG-F condition !
    Uncanny X-Men #246 is the Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown reference.

BANNED

seeing those images makes me nostalgic for silvertri's x-men. IMO, he did a better artwork than jim lee

Deadpool & Havok forever Neolucifer's Avatar

i wouldnt say better , but imo at least of equal level . Anyway i wasnt as much impressed by Lee's post marvel art , except for the quite slow "Divine right" . While Silvestri still does .

I'm a sucker for love triangles so I'm liking Milligans take on things. I'll feel bad for someone however it turns out because I love Bobby, Lorna, and Alex.

But really I think Bobby needs to move on because Lorna just isn't into him. She has never been- even when they were dating. And Bobby deserves someone who is crazy about him.

As for Lorna and Alex- I feel they should be together cuz basically I view them as Scott and Jean Jr. But, I'm worried that putting them back together would cause people to hate their characters same as Scott and Jean, you know? So, I'm not really sure what I would do there- but personally I'd like to see them patch things up- after Alex does mucho groveling of course.
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2005
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Vote Or Die: 2008!

Really, corny though it may be, that first Havok costume is so striking. I think an artist needs to get back to that original mostly black costume, and maybe modify it somehow.

I loved Havok during PAD's run on X-Factor. I just loved the dynamic between him, Rahne and Lorna.

Deadpool & Havok forever Neolucifer's Avatar

But, I'm worried that putting them back together would cause people to hate their characters same as Scott and Jean, you know? So, I'm not really sure what I would do there- but personally I'd like to see them patch things up- after Alex does mucho groveling of course.
    Actually i want Alex and Lorna back together , and as you often see, i'm a fervent supporter of Scott/Emma , and you could say anti Cyclops/Jean . Besides i dislike when those two are written or described like mini Scott & Jean . They got personality of their own , arent as dull as the supposed original imo . Also it would be nice if every future writer could avoid the always recurring "I'm not as good as my bro" drama , wich is btw useless .

This thread gives me a good idea. We should have random character appreciation threads featuring one and only one character. Now we just need a name...a name...

I got it...

Love Me An X ~ Havok!

Quickly, Flight, modify your thread title!

my favorite moment of Havok's was when he was a "bad" guy hanging out with the brotherhood, with Fatale and Dark Beast. There is an ish of X-factor when he threw himself and Cyke out of a plane into an ocean. It rocked.
    The D - Legion
    Vincente - Mondo -Risque - Scaleface - Kid Omega - Skids - The Neophyte - Flex

X-Poster of the Year 2008
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Hammer
    This thread gives me a good idea. We should have random character appreciation threads featuring one and only one character. Now we just need a name...a name...

I got it...

Love Me An X ~ Havok!

Quickly, Flight, modify your thread title!

No way, man! This thread title reminds me of that cool movie, I Heart Huckabees. Hey, Jude Law as Havok?

Never happen in a million years unless Jude got busted for some drug charge and then he'll do it as a career comeback. :D

Default I think he approves of your thread, Bryn....

Check out 2009's drawings at my new thread on the Artist & Writer Showcase.

"I prefer working out of strict continuity, because no normal human being can have a firm grip on the constantly shifting bardo-like territory of a comics universe, where entire histories can be erased by a strong enough super-sneeze."- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flash
    my favorite moment of Havok's was when he was a "bad" guy hanging out with the brotherhood, with Fatale and Dark Beast. There is an ish of X-factor when he threw himself and Cyke out of a plane into an ocean. It rocked.
    that was actually uncanny 339. a good issue nonetheless.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Favourite Havok moments. Hmm.

Id have to say the arc where X-Factor appeared in Hulk. Hulk was smacking around Guido like a bitch when Havok steps in and starts powering up big time, including absorbing the Gamma radiation from the Hulk. Then does a tremendously powerful blast with a mushroom cloud to boot. The powering up was definitely cool. God i wish i could scan that pic so awesome.

Also during Inferno, i think he just kills Blockbuster outright with a plasma bolt. Pretty much saying, enough of this shit i am so over holding back from now on.

Ninjas wear feety PJs Karl J. Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atoningunifex
    Nice one Chad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Seven
    Really, corny though it may be, that first Havok costume is so striking. I think an artist needs to get back to that original mostly black costume, and maybe modify it somehow.
    I've always liked all of Havok's costumes EXCEPT for this PAD X-Factor one. It was too... 90's.
    I really like Larroca's current costume though. Wouldn't change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Hammer
    No... Then this thread wouldn't be special...

And thanks Chad! That pic is amaaaazing! I heart you too Havok

And yes Jesse Newcomb, the thread title was inspirid by I Heart Huckabees

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by atoningunifex
    i dont know...by the look on his face it seems that he and iceman had a tender moment