Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1166

Thread: I Heart Havok

  1. #1
    BANNED Flight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,252

    Default I Heart Havok

    Isn't Havok just the GREATEST X-Man ever?!
    Don't you just love him!

    Remember in the X-Factor days when he was the leader of the book and had everything then! Then they blew him up in a plane and hooked him up with that damn nurse... :evilangry but I'm babbling!



    Whats your favourite Havok moment/picture/issue/scene??
    Where do you think Brubaker(!!!!) is going to take him??
    I need to know!

    I love Havok
    Last edited by Flight; 03-07-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Milligan's butt has been handed to him

  2. #2
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11,377

    Default

    My favorite Havok moment is when they blew him up in a plane, but I love that Crazy Bitch, Polaris, so I should get a free pass from the wrath of Flight.

  3. #3
    BANNED Flight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris
    My favorite Havok moment is when they blew him up in a plane
    My heart stopped for several minutes after I read X-Factor 149
    I actually ripped it up eventually! I wish I hadn't now because I can't find it anywhere at a reasonable price

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    from SoCal, living in vegas
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flight
    I actually ripped it up eventually! I wish I hadn't now because I can't find it anywhere at a reasonable price
    its hard to know when youre being serious or joking around

    favorite havok moment. next to colossus and wolverine, he is my favorite x-man but i dont think i have a favorite moment

  5. #5
    BANNED Flight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nubly
    its hard to know when youre being serious or joking around

    favorite havok moment. next to colossus and wolverine, he is my favorite x-man but i dont think i have a favorite moment
    What? I never joke around when it comes to Havok!
    This is my favourite Havok website. I'm disappointed I didn't create it
    I miss my avatar... Someone make me a new one... Please...

  6. #6
    gone now Cayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    24,595

    Default

    "Why, Havok? Why did you kill Storm?"

    I always liked Havok, especially in his black costume with the thingies around his head.

    Lately, I'm a little down on him just because he keeps being portrayed as kind of ineffective and whiny.

    But I still want to like him.

    Cay
    For-Real-True is only true now.

    Story-True is true forever.

    -Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

  7. #7
    GLC Master Darque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin , Tx
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Fave Havok moments ....
    I LOVED Meltdown , the Havok and Wolvie limited series by Walt and Louise Simonson , Kent Williams and Jon J Muth . I liked how James Dean-ish Havok was painted . And even how Claremont made reference to their trip later in Uncanny .
    There is an issue of the Hulk where I first laid eyes on Havok , where the Hulk finds some bikers chasing after a girl with greeen hair , who he mistakes for his lost love , Jarella ... but it turns out to be Lorna . Alex freaks out that the Hulk is after her and goes into action .
    I don't have the original issues , but I do have the baxter paper X-Men Classics where Neal Adams put Havok in costume for the first time .... those issues sealed not only my love for all things Neal Adams ..... but Havok as well .

    There's an issue of Uncanny ( around the 220's ) where Alex is having a bad dream that the X-Men are trying to kill him and he awakes and runs out of the house because he's about to cut loose with some power . He hopes there are no planes flying overhead as he lets go .... and afterwards all the sand below and around him is fused into glass . Tres cool .

  8. #8
    New Member Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Best Havok moment... when he had gone bad and was asked if he was being mind controlled - he replied (IIRC) "I'm evil because I want to be, damn it!"

    also every appearance written by PAD

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    from SoCal, living in vegas
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
    Best Havok moment... when he had gone bad and was asked if he was being mind controlled - he replied (IIRC) "I'm evil because I want to be, damn it!"

    also every appearance written by PAD
    is that the first or second time he was mind controlled?

  10. #10
    BANNED Flight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Darque
    Fave Havok moments ....
    I LOVED Meltdown , the Havok and Wolvie limited series by Walt and Louise Simonson , Kent Williams and Jon J Muth . I liked how James Dean-ish Havok was painted . And even how Claremont made reference to their trip later in Uncanny .
    Yes, the Havok/Wolverine Limited series is INCREDIBLE!
    The art is so right. They don't make them like that anymore
    I haven't read many Claremont back issues so what issue does he make reference to Meltdown?
    I am collecting his run and have loads of Havok issues but aren't going to read them until I have them all from Dark Phoenix onward

  11. #11
    Veteran Member DDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the South
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flight
    Yes, the Havok/Wolverine Limited series is INCREDIBLE!
    The art is so right. They don't make them like that anymore
    I haven't read many Claremont back issues so what issue does he make reference to Meltdown?
    I am collecting his run and have loads of Havok issues but aren't going to read them until I have them all from Dark Phoenix onward
    Havok & Polaris help the X-Men battle Proteus in Uncanny X-Men #125-128 right before The Dark Phoenix Saga. You might also want to check out Marvel Team-Up #69-70 when Havok is kidnapped by the Living Pharoh who eventually becomes the Living Monolith. Spider-Man & Thor show up as well as Lorna Dane & Havok...

    Havok first battles Cyclops in Uncanny X-Men #97. Havok & Polaris also appear in Uncanny X-Men #104-105.

  12. #12
    Future X-Men Quarterwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Birthplace of Gravity and Mr. Immortal.
    Posts
    490

    Default

    I would say the whole of Mutant X.

    I love that series. They never should have ended it.

    DAMN YOU MARVEL.

    I will now look for a Havok Pic.
    Nothing funny to see here. Move along, move along.
    The "Weilander" (The Above And Beyond Award)2006 winner: Quarterwolf

    "But seriously...meditation or medication. Pick one." - Mattbib

  13. #13
    Future X-Men Quarterwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Birthplace of Gravity and Mr. Immortal.
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Bryn do you like this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails havok for Bryn.jpg  
    Last edited by Quarterwolf; 04-20-2005 at 04:26 PM.
    Nothing funny to see here. Move along, move along.
    The "Weilander" (The Above And Beyond Award)2006 winner: Quarterwolf

    "But seriously...meditation or medication. Pick one." - Mattbib

  14. #14
    Respect the Elf Nightcrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterwolf
    Bryn do you like this one?
    That's from X-Men Legends, if memory serves.

  15. #15
    BANNED Flight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterwolf
    Bryn do you like this one?
    I like it... But I want my old issue 166 close up avi back
    Thanks for the info DDM. do you love Havok?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •