Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who can wield Thor's hammer, Mjolnir?

So who is worthy of possessing powerful godhammer? Who is not??

I know Diana can, since she did in MvsDC vol. 1.

I believe I have a card that stated Captain America was once able to lift the hammer. But be probably can't "weild" it in the sense of actually using it in a fight.

Beak can weild the mighty hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by HartyPotter
    I believe I have a card that stated Captain America was once able to lift the hammer. But be probably can't "weild" it in the sense of actually using it in a fight.
    There was an issue of Thor where he and Cap were fighting a bunch of trolls (no, not the internet variety) and Thor was down. Cap picked up the hammer and was swinging it around and smashing trolls left and right. This was way back when Cap had stopped being Captain America and was calling himself just "The Captain", wearing the outfit that U.S. Agent now wears.

It might have been this issue:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...87731330%20390
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Forgive Friedrich's Debt Aaron Kashtan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead
    There was an issue of Thor where he and Cap were fighting a bunch of trolls (no, not the internet variety) and Thor was down. Cap picked up the hammer and was swinging it around and smashing trolls left and right. This was way back when Cap had stopped being Captain America and was calling himself just "The Captain", wearing the outfit that U.S. Agent now wears.

It was.

Beta Ray Bill is also capable of lifting Mjolnir. See Thor #337-338.
    Aaron Kashtan | Formerly Sir Tim Drake
    Classic Comics Forum Moderator Emeritus
    COTM MC Emeritus
    Brittain Fellowship | UF Comics Studies | Examples of my work
    ---
    "Meanwhile, a puppy that fell down a storm drain on Proxima Centauri was rescued by a trained slith, which unfortunately then ate it. And now, sports."

If Thor's up and about, only Thor can wield it. Or at least that's what he said in JLA/Avengers.

BANNED

eric masterson and odin can as well. if alternate timelines count, woden can wield his hammer

Anyone who buys Thor dinner and a couple of drinks has a decent shot at grasping his mjolnir. ;)

Didn't Zeus catch it once?

The robotic version of Gabriel the Air-Walker was able to pick up Mjolnir. He wasn't worthy, but since he was just a sophisticated machine, the worthiness restriction didn't apply to him. So I assume that Vision, Machine Man and even Ultron could pick up the hammer.

As for worthiness, since Captain America was worthy, I assume that Photon and Quasar would also be worthy, since they both seem to have the same kind of ethics as Cap.

Y Kant ~ Beekeeper venuscameback's Avatar

The robotic version of Gabriel the Air-Walker was able to pick up Mjolnir. He wasn't worthy, but since he was just a sophisticated machine, the worthiness restriction didn't apply to him. So I assume that Vision, Machine Man and even Ultron could pick up the hammer
    also The Destroyer has wielded Thor's hammer, perhaps supporting the robot theory; although you'd think that the magucalk uru hammer could detemrine the intent of the robots, even though they are usually amoral and thus theoreticaly pass any worthiness test

Has anyone mentioned Red Norvell?

As for worthiness, since Captain America was worthy, I assume that Photon and Quasar would also be worthy, since they both seem to have the same kind of ethics as Cap.
    same kind of ethics may not be enough. It would be cool to compile an ultimate list of who has been show to be capable of holding thor's hammer; in which case Photon & Quasar wouldn't qualify as we presume they might, rather than have seen them do it.

venus

Quote Originally Posted by venuscameback
    also The Destroyer has wielded Thor's hammer, perhaps supporting the robot theory; although you'd think that the magucalk uru hammer could detemrine the intent of the robots, even though they are usually amoral and thus theoreticaly pass any worthiness test

Has anyone mentioned Red Norvell?

same kind of ethics may not be enough. It would be cool to compile an ultimate list of who has been show to be capable of holding thor's hammer; in which case Photon & Quasar wouldn't qualify as we presume they might, rather than have seen them do it.

venus
    I was thinking about Red Norvell, but I don't remember if he ever got to use Mjolnir. I think he had his own imitiation hammer, and I'm not sure that he was ever very worthy in terms of behavior.

I really don't like the idea of Captain America being "worthy" of using Mjolnir. And this purely just a personal thing since I think he's very overrated. I put him in that category with Batman, where their close to normal humans and their able to fight gods and cosmic beings. It just doesn't sit right.

Quote Originally Posted by chicorage
    I really don't like the idea of Captain America being "worthy" of using Mjolnir. And this purely just a personal thing since I think he's very overrated. I put him in that category with Batman, where their close to normal humans and their able to fight gods and cosmic beings. It just doesn't sit right.

But the Hammer does not exclude any one from wielding it. Not a racist molecule in that mallet!

As originally created Don Blake was a normal dude who could use it and Eric was to later on, and neither of them are as Heroic as Cap.

I think Cap has held used it twice that I know of.

Livign things worthy of the Hammer:

Captain America
    Beta Ray Bill
    Odin
    Eric MAsterson
    I thought there was a fith....
    "Yeah I coulda been King but in my own way I am King." - Ash
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."-Winston Churchill

Here's something interesting.

Vikings, and their gods, respected power, and how much battle you did. Could "worthiness" be judged not only by ethics, but by how strong you are in a battle?

Wonder Woman is a warrior, Cap a soldier...
    Last edited by Emerald Ghost; 04-18-2005 at 03:11 PM.