Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The Anti-Anti-Christ

Red face

Countdown is just like avengers dissassembeld, but you can't have heros dying all the time, it's just stupid.

But just you wait for House of M......

Those trashing Dr. Light must not read Teen Titans...he's recovered from his mindwipe, boys and girls...and he's a badass now!

But lots of people are missing what DC is doing. Were not talking about a Legion of Doom, Brotherhood, Injustice Gang kind of thing. We're not talking about a group of 6 or 7 baddies uniting to try and take down the JLA.

No...what DC has done with it's villains is far more interesting...they've become a COMMUNITY. They hang out, they meet with each other, they hire each other. They have the Calculator...selling and distributing information...setting up jobs and contacts. The villains are slowly becomming more tightly-knit than the HERO community. Meanwhile, the heroes are slowly drifting away from each other.

And then we have the Cabal: Luthor, Talia, Deathstroke, Dr. Psycho, Black Adam, and The Calculator. Bit by bit, these six are uniting the villains one by one. Their influence, sometimes subtle, sometimes blatent, can be felt in almost every DC book out there.

It's a real refreshing look at super-villains...to see them as a true community.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan
    Those trashing Dr. Light must not read Teen Titans...he's recovered from his mindwipe, boys and girls...and he's a badass now!

But lots of people are missing what DC is doing. Were not talking about a Legion of Doom, Brotherhood, Injustice Gang kind of thing. We're not talking about a group of 6 or 7 baddies uniting to try and take down the JLA.

No...what DC has done with it's villains is far more interesting...they've become a COMMUNITY. They hang out, they meet with each other, they hire each other. They have the Calculator...selling and distributing information...setting up jobs and contacts. The villains are slowly becomming more tightly-knit than the HERO community. Meanwhile, the heroes are slowly drifting away from each other.

And then we have the Cabal: Luthor, Talia, Deathstroke, Dr. Psycho, Black Adam, and The Calculator. Bit by bit, these six are uniting the villains one by one. Their influence, sometimes subtle, sometimes blatent, can be felt in almost every DC book out there.

It's a real refreshing look at super-villains...to see them as a true community.
    I cannot say anything about Dr Light....I donot read teen titans. But to be honest I think Marvel villians are a lot more complex then most DC villians...

Spiderman villains usually hate spiderman for personal reasons including the Green Goblin and Venom.

X-men villians have often been pretty brutal....Magneto walks a fine line, where as we have villians such as Sinister who is a cold blooded genecist.

I see your point as to how it is cool that the DC villians are in a group but to me vilians in their individual own or own groups work better. Sometimes this can cause conflcit not only among the heroes and give them more threats but it also causes conflict among the villians...

Remember when Freedom Force took on the Reavers back in the mid 200s of uncanny...thats a prime example.

I do see your point though how cool of an idea and if executed well could work but personally not my cup of tea as the old cliche goes.

One extra thing about Marvel villians and the reason why they rarely team up to fight.

They Hate each other.

I doubt ever that Magneto would ever team up with any human just basically after revenge, he'd never team up with some like Red Skull. I doubt he could care less about what Spider-man's enemies want to do to him. Magneot carea bout one thing, the mutant race and himself. Why would he want to team up with any of these stupid humans.

He would also never team up with Sinister or Apocalypse, they all hate each other.

Ultron, the machine who wants to make the world mechanical only, why would he team up with a human or mutant? He hates them and wouldn't do it.

Dr Doom, he just wants to rule his country and get revenge on the FF. Not really in the lines of what the other villians want to do.

And the Spider-man villians, they team up, we've seen that. But only to take out Spider-man, they don't care what the X-men are up to.

All this is opposite to the DCU, the main team is the JLA with all the mainn characters being members of, all their villians don't like them and the JLA and so team up to stop them.
    X-Poster of the Year 2005
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Mutant League Winner 2006

Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury

All this is opposite to the DCU, the main team is the JLA with all the mainn characters being members of, all their villians don't like them and the JLA and so team up to stop them.
    Interesting point - the JLA are equivalent to a pantheon of gods...the Avengers are a bunch of vigilantes, ex-military and freaks who get together and fight crime/the occasional cosmic threat :p Not to downscale their comparative importance too much - but I have always felt the supervillains in DCU must resent the JLA a lot more than their counterparts in MU do the Avengers.

i like marvel villains so much better. dc villains are like: oh we are villains so we are all friends, let's take out some heroes.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil-Spidey View Post
    i like marvel villains so much better. dc villains are like: oh we are villains so we are all friends, let's take out some heroes.
    Just out of curiousity, why this thread?
    Expletive Deleted

because i like the posts in this thread so far and would like to see more.

Right, but there's another "lame villains" thread on the front page. Why go back nineteen-odd months? That's more what I'm curious about.
    Expletive Deleted

the other thread is about who are the lamest marvel villains and this one is more like marvel villains vs dc villains.

Ah, okay.

Thanks for explaining.
    Expletive Deleted

Alt. Comic Book Writer

Any villain, any character, is only as good, bad or indifferent as the writer or creators working on them. Even the greatest can suck ass with the wrong creative approach.

Elder Member

I doubt ever that Magneto would ever team up with any human just basically after revenge, he'd never team up with some like Red Skull
    Then you forgot Secret Wars. Magneto doesn't hate humans. He would be sad over any human childs death as he would be any mutant child. But, he does seek to protect his race and punish those who would oppress mutants. He believes it is part of people's nature to destory what they do not understand and what is different. And, he wants to keep that from happening, but unlike Xavier he is willing to use violence to try to protect mutant rights.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't join Spiderman or other heros if he was nearby and there was a dire threat to the world. Magneto as a character is closest IMHO to the Punisher in alot of ways.

Of course Morrison would disagree with that.

Watch My Finger. BloodRedSandman's Avatar

okay, the villains are much more of a threat. However a lot of the DC heroes have powers like a god.

One thing I will say is Marvel's defense is this......
    at least Marvel has not rebooted their universe. DCU seem to reboot their universe every 10 years now.
    Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985),
    Zero Hour: Crisis in Time (1994),
    Infinite Crisis (2005).

Marvel on the other hand, has had some big events like House Of M, Civil War, and they just stuck with consiquences in it's wake.

Mind you, I do feel that Marvel does have some villains that they are holding back.
    Apocalype. About the only time I felt that he was of any magor threat was in AoA.
    Dr Doom. The guy has a country at his disposial, SHEILD seems in at a magor threat. However with the exception of Secret Wars, i have not really found him any magor threat.
    And then there is Galactus. He's the biggest guy that the writters are holding back. The Big G goes around eating planets and civilisations that are much more advance than our own, and yet Earth (or all planets) seems to defeat him. Like how smart is Reed Richards anyways?

I don't feel that Marvel Villains are lame. I just feel that alot of them are getting held back because they are just way to powerful.
    Last edited by BloodRedSandman; 12-30-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Zero Hour was more like a finetuning and cleaning up some of the devris from Crisis, not a reboot.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."