Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 334
  1. #16
    I broke the bat
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    200

    Default

    The villains that keep Marvel baddies over DC baddies are Kingpin, Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin, Dr. Doom, Thanos, and Red Skull.

  2. #17
    Why so serious? G. Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fawcett City
    Posts
    2,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099
    You're getting Victor Creed mixed up with Graydon Creed. People think Max Lord is like Graydon Creed, Sabretooth and Mystique's biggoted son.
    ah, i stand corrected.

    but i was thinking victor though, in the cold-blooded, murderous sense.

  3. #18
    Tricksterpup says Pudd'n tricksterpup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Mpls
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    I think the scariest villains for me are Dr. Doom and the Sentinals. I would crap my pants if there were really robots that did an ethinic cleansing. I think that there were the coolest villains ever created for the marvel u. But to be honest, they way marvel has gone in the last 20 years with the X-men. the scariest villains are truely just man kind, homo sapien.
    No worries. But I'm sorry to say that I've already named a character after you that gets killed off horrible for his insolence.
    Nah, just kidding.
    - Andy Schmidt

  4. #19
    Senior Member anthony!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis1
    The villains that keep Marvel baddies over DC baddies are Kingpin, Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin, Dr. Doom, Thanos, and Red Skull.
    Yeah, but DC can match that with Lex Luthor, the Joker, Darkseid, Bizarro, Brainiac, Two-Face, Mongul, Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Zod, Bane, Clayface, Parasite, Solomon Grundy, The Riddler, Doomsday, Anti-Monitor, Sinestro, etc. *whew*

    I'm not saying DC HAS better villains, just that they do more with them. Marvel seems to be more about inner conflicts of heroes. Half the time Marvel heroes either fight themselves or end up creating the villains they face. The other half of the time the villains end up joining the good guys and hooking up with either the X-Men or the Avengers. Well, I don't think the Avengers will be letting in reformed villains anytime soon. They really should do background checks.

  5. #20
    Brains, yummmy! Gorakmev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Headlong. I drive a yellow hog...
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureclint

    At least Electro has been ramped up recently in MK Spidey and New Avenger (well until the last ish when he is beat with out a fight).
    Remember, Electro just completed the most outsanding event of his career: sucking all of Manhattan's power and releasing it at once. I'd bet he's still very weak and tired. The truma of just thinking about fighting five of the best Marvel heros prolly did him in. Also, he seemed to be in a hurry to get away, a sure sign that he knew the law was coming for him and he knew he couldn't beat them.

  6. #21
    Super Amalgamated! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony!
    Yeah, but DC can match that with Lex Luthor, the Joker, Darkseid, Bizarro, Brainiac, Two-Face, Mongul, Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Zod, Bane, Clayface, Parasite, Solomon Grundy, The Riddler, Doomsday, Anti-Monitor, Sinestro, etc. *whew*

    I'm not saying DC HAS better villains, just that they do more with them. Marvel seems to be more about inner conflicts of heroes. Half the time Marvel heroes either fight themselves or end up creating the villains they face. The other half of the time the villains end up joining the good guys and hooking up with either the X-Men or the Avengers. Well, I don't think the Avengers will be letting in reformed villains anytime soon. They really should do background checks.
    Alot of those villians you've listed haven't done anything of note in quite a while.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

  7. #22
    Heartless Guts/Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Soap Operus
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    yes...isnt hero vs. hero more dramatic then hero vs villain, anyways.

    Well i could go for a joker-batman story anytime.

  8. #23
    Junior Member Huzzah!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony!
    Yeah, but DC can match that with Lex Luthor, the Joker, Darkseid, Bizarro, Brainiac, Two-Face, Mongul, Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Zod, Bane, Clayface, Parasite, Solomon Grundy, The Riddler, Doomsday, Anti-Monitor, Sinestro, etc. *whew*
    .

    Lets see. Lux Luthor. Not a terrible villain. But somewhat shallow.

    Joker Great villain. I dont think anyone can say batman doesnt have by far the best villains.

    Darkseid i hate on principle of him being name that and spelled that way.

    Bizarro SUCKS so bad its not even funny. He's about as complex as Spock with a beard.

    Deathstroke is a wanker. He's the dc's fantomex.

    Doomsday is just a heavy. Some strong guy that smashes things. ALthough i will always love him for the royal asskicking he gave those wiener jlaers. BoosterGold? Car door? Classic!

    Actually looking at your list you mostly have batman villains.


    I mean look at the new villain guy from Countdown. He's basically doing what the reavers or friends of humanity have been doing.

  9. #24
    Born Again Serial Killer Faust451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah!
    are you freaking kidding me? DC villains blow so hard when 4 get together tsunami alarms start going off.

    Hahahahahhahahah! Totally my man.

    That's why Marvel is the best publisher and always will be. DC has the habit of doing edgy stuff to try and get attention and what not.


    ...the 90's ended a long time ago boys and girls.

  10. #25
    Born Again Serial Killer Faust451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony!
    I agree with you in that DC villians tend to be more thought out and more of a threat and greater in number.

    If Marvel killed off the Kingpin, Magneto, Green Goblin, Dr. Doom and Red Skull— the heroes really should just call it day and leave the rest for the police. :)

    That said, Marvel villians have better names I think... doesn't DC have a villian called called Captain Cold and Dr. Psycho? Dr. Light sounds like he should be a good guy. And they create the Injustice League? Jeez. Not that "Masters of Evil" and "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" are any better.

    Probably the reason DC villains seem better is because Batman has the greatest rogues galler ever. EVER. But, if you look at Superman, he doesn't have a rogues list deeper than say Spider-man. Wonder Woman's got Cheetah...uh, thats about it. Green Lanern has Sinestro and um.....

    Now I don't read many DC books— but if I can't recall villians there really is no point. A lot of people who don't read Marvel know about Magneto, Green Goblin, Bullseye, Doc Ock, Venom, the Lizard, Sentinels, Red Skull and the like...

    Batman has the second greatest rogues gallery.

    NOTHING beats Spidey's rogues gallery...nothing! It's already been proved, all you have to do is ask the fans and Wizard.

  11. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default That's Why Marvel is Better

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony!
    ...I'm not saying DC HAS better villains, just that they do more with them. Marvel seems to be more about inner conflicts of heroes. Half the time Marvel heroes either fight themselves or end up creating the villains they face...
    DC is still trying to establish the personalities of its Big Three (Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman) after 60 years and their Silver Age heroes after 40 years! At least with Marvel you know if their characters are being written wrong because they are people first with their powers coming second (in most cases). Same thing with the Marvel villains. Plus, I think Marvel definitely has the neater villains of the two.

  12. #27
    Heartless Guts/Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Soap Operus
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    I do like both Batman and Spider-man, but i don't think you can compare spidey and batmans villains..

    They are too different. Batman is so much physically stronger than them. Besides they are human with no real powers, well, outside of instilling absolute terror and madness in everyday people. Spidey is equal if only a lil below some of his enemies.

    While most are headcases. Spidey's are more of a physical threat to spidey than bats are to him. Outside of Bane, and the occasional gun used by them. Bat's rogues are a weeeeeeeeee bit crazier (if you exlude Carnage).

    I just don't think you can compare the two. The are too different.

    But my opinion of Batman means i would say Batman's are better. Just a hint of bias.


    But i will say this, Marvel does have much better names.
    Last edited by Guts/Batman; 04-05-2005 at 06:06 PM.

  13. #28
    Born Again Serial Killer Faust451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guts/Batman
    I do like both Batman and Spider-man, but i don't think you can compare spidey and batmans villains..

    They are too different. Batman is so much physically stronger than them. Besides they are human with no real powers, well, outside of instilling absolute terror and madness in everyday people. Spidey is equal if only a lil below some of his enemies.

    While most are headcases. Spidey's are more of a physical threat to spidey than bats are to him. Outside of Bane, and the occasional gun used by them. Bat's rogues are a weeeeeeeeee bit crazier (if you exlude Carnage).

    I just don't think you can compare the two. The are too different.

    But my opinion of Batman means i would say Batman's are better. Just a hint of bias.


    But i will say this, Marvel does have much better names.

    Eh...atleast you put up a good argument

    You are right about the names. Marvel...may they reign til the end of time!

  14. #29
    Hello, hunnies! Gaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah!
    Lets see. Lux Luthor. Not a terrible villain. But somewhat shallow.


    Deathstroke is a wanker. He's the dc's fantomex.

    .
    WRONG on so many counts. I'm a Marvel zombie, but Lex Luthor- Man of Steel is a great example of how complex he is.
    And no Deathstroke = no Deadpool, can you live with that?
    And Slade is great anyway. He's DC's Cap. The slightly superhuman guy who can hang with the big leagues and has ethics and unimpeachable integrity.

  15. #30
    citizen of Blackland
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spEEdy
    I wanna see the Marvel villains do what the DC villains are doing...
    group together...plot...act out for revenge...destroy the heroes' lives...



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •