Page 9 of 315 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonicdescent
    From what I gather skimming through, Uncanny is at a low point right now?
    Some would tell you that... on the other hand, lots of us are really enjoying it. Fans raised on the more modern style sometimes have a hard time with it because Claremont writes in a more old-school style; on the other hand, he knows the characters better than anyone else in the world, bar none. I wouldn't say Uncanny is the best it's ever been right now -- he's inevitably started to repeat himself some, the ideas aren't as fresh, and he has a tendency to get bogged down in his "pet" ideas; also, if you weren't raised on the old-school, exposition-heavy style, it can be jarring -- but take it from someone who sat through the 90's... it is certainly far, FAR from a low point.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One
    he has a tendency to get bogged down in his "pet" ideas
    -D
    so true. he takes over Exiles and first thing? Psylocke joins the team.

savouring samsara

Default whats up with iceman

wasnt quite sure where to post this, thought this was as good a place as any. my question is what is up with iceman. i thought he lost his powers in the pages of house of m. now i see him in places clearly using his powers. does anyone have an answer to this. thanks

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cutler
    wasnt quite sure where to post this, thought this was as good a place as any. my question is what is up with iceman. i thought he lost his powers in the pages of house of m. now i see him in places clearly using his powers. does anyone have an answer to this. thanks
    Psychosomatic. He has an inferiority complex, so he thought he lost his powers. Turns out he didn't. Huh.

(BTW, since you asked, the appropriate place to post this question about the X-Men would be in the "Post your various questions about the X-Men here" thread.)

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One
    Psychosomatic. He has an inferiority complex, so he thought he lost his powers. Turns out he didn't. Huh.
    man. that's pretty lame. which is why no one writes a good Iceman these days

Out of the X-books, from the last 2 months which are the best ones?

I haven't been around to read anything lately.

Quote Originally Posted by fireball87o
    Out of the X-books, from the last 2 months which are the best ones?

I haven't been around to read anything lately.
    *Uncanny. Yes, I know what it says in my sig, but even X-readers who don't like his work anymore, liked the recent issues.
    *X-factor. This is probably the best X-book out there at the moment. It just started, so you could even start with # 1 of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty4Magik
    *Uncanny. Yes, I know what it says in my sig, but even X-readers who don't like his work anymore, liked the recent issues.
    *X-factor. This is probably the best X-book out there at the moment. It just started, so you could even start with # 1 of the series.

cool thx for the headsup. i hear good things about x-factor

savouring samsara

Default uncanny is always a solid buy

uncanny is great because no matter what youre going to get an above average read. penned by claremont is good which is surprising because hes been doing it for so long. i still find it amazing he isnt tapped out yet! i believe uncanny will be under brubakers wing in the next half year or so. im really looking forward to seeing what he does with the team. whedons stuff is good, but in my opinion more because of the art and color. i do think that astonishing is the best title out there after all it is the flagship. as far as back issues go, pick up anything of morrisons run. he really brought the xmen into the 21st century. i still re read some of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cutler
    as far as back issues go, pick up anything of morrisons run. he really brought the xmen into the 21st century. i still re read some of those issues.
    Yeah i tried Morrisons run. It was good in the beginning, real good. But I'm not crazy over the latter few issues.

I have a question.

I dont understand if The Uncnny X-men, The New X-men and Astonishing X-men are the same team or are they in different universes or times?

Im very confused because they all seem to take place after house of m so they must be in the same universe but they have different characters.

i submitted 2 times by accident
    Last edited by Linguini; 04-13-2006 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linguini
    I have a question.

I dont understand if The Uncnny X-men, The New X-men and Astonishing X-men are the same team or are they in different universes or times?

Im very confused because they all seem to take place after house of m so they must be in the same universe but they have different characters.
    Same Universe, same school, just different members on the teams.

Yea but its wierd because I never see iceman or havok in the mansion in astonishing x-men. Also in astonishing x-men there seems to be no after effects of house of m and no 198.

Quote Originally Posted by Linguini
    Yea but its wierd because I never see iceman or havok in the mansion in astonishing x-men. Also in astonishing x-men there seems to be no after effects of house of m and no 198.
    Well on the issue of Havok and others not popping up in Astonishing, thats the whole point really. The creators of each book deal with their characters. They can use cameos from other X-Men as opportunities and desires present themselves. There's something like 20 X-Men, hence 3 books.

As for the effects of HoM or the 198 in Astonishing, only 1 issue of Astonishing X-Men has been released since HoM. Give it time.