Page 228 of 315 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4723

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Psylocke's brief moment when she filled in for Emma.
    Talk about a trade up. Betsy was the only decent protagonist in Uncanny.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

hmm mixed reviews haha. i think im gonna go with uncanny since im more into cyclops and his team. do i have to read xmen schism to get whats going on? i mean either way i think id be lost though since i havent read xmen in a very long time lol.

Uncanny. Better characters and an actual plot.
    If you read Wolverine & The X-Men, not only is the title redundant, but, fun or not, barely anything that happens actually matters. In fact the book has pretty much become the place where he dumps all his X-Force mistakes and constantly endangers the children he keeps talking about protecting. If anything the only things that have mattered in that book resulted from things that happened in every other book.
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoZombie View Post
    hmm mixed reviews haha. i think im gonna go with uncanny since im more into cyclops and his team. do i have to read xmen schism to get whats going on? i mean either way i think id be lost though since i havent read xmen in a very long time lol.
    Read schism to understand why Alot of people left with Wolverine and why alot of people that are with Cyclops aren't too happy with him. Between Schism and AvX, He has made most of the mutant population not his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Read schism to understand why Alot of people left with Wolverine and why alot of people that are with Cyclops aren't too happy with him. Between Schism and AvX, He has made most of the mutant population not his friends.
    oh ok. amazon has schism and uncanny vol 1-4 in hardcover for $75 so f*ck it i think ill go for it haha

Maybe the answers are in this thread but im too lazy to go through the whole thing.

1) I got the new xmen omni (brilliant so far) and was looking to get another one. Is age of apocalypse better or x-statix? Story-wise I mean.

2) Also im sure there are many story arcs that the 90s cartoon didn't cover but what were the best ones from that era, specifically claremont? I was looking at the OHC reading order and wanted to know which among these are actually worth picking up:

Fall of the Mutants OHC
    X-Tinction Agenda OHC
    Inferno OHC
    Claremont/Lee Omnibus vol. 1
    Claremont/Lee Omnibus vol. 2
    Bishop's Crossing OHC
    X-Cutioner's Song OHC
    Fatal Attractions OHC
    Last edited by alb2009; 12-09-2012 at 08:50 AM.

I'm starting to read comics again and I'm thinking of getting X-Force TPBs along with Uncanny X-Men. Do you guys recommend X-Force or should I go jump in to getting Uncanny X-Force instead? I heard its awesome, dunno about X-Force though.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Maybe the answers are in this thread but im too lazy to go through the whole thing.

1) I got the new xmen omni (brilliant so far) and was looking to get another one. Is age of apocalypse better or x-statix? Story-wise I mean.

2) Also im sure there are many story arcs that the 90s cartoon didn't cover but what were the best ones from that era, specifically claremont? I was looking at the OHC reading order and wanted to know which among these are actually worth picking up:

Fall of the Mutants OHC
    X-Tinction Agenda OHC
    Inferno OHC
    Claremont/Lee Omnibus vol. 2
    Bishop's Crossing OHC
    X-Cutioner's Song OHC
    Fatal Attractions OHC

1) Both were great but both very different. Age of Apocalypse was great if have read a lot of the X Men prior to it.
    X Static was a better stand alone. The quality varied though. The first half of the run was some of the best comics ever, but the second half was kind of meh.

2) In order of my personal favorites of best to worst:

Claremont/Lee Omnibus vol. 2(I haven't read these omnis' but enjoyed the comics of the era)
    Fatal Attractions OHC
    Fall of the Mutants OHC
    Bishop's Crossing OHC
    Inferno OHC
    X-Tinction Agenda OHC
    X-Cutioner's Song OHC

This is completely subjective of course. I would like to think most people would say Song was a pile of garbage though.

Can someone please tell me what this image is from?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uncanny-X-Men.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	105608

Thx in advance
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Demyx View Post
    I'm starting to read comics again and I'm thinking of getting X-Force TPBs along with Uncanny X-Men. Do you guys recommend X-Force or should I go jump in to getting Uncanny X-Force instead? I heard its awesome, dunno about X-Force though.
    They are quite different books even with the X-Force moniker. Both start off strong but get worse as they go along. Uncanny X-Force would be more useful as it ties into current continuity. It's very Psylocke centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Friend View Post
    Can someone please tell me what this image is from?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uncanny-X-Men.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	105608

Thx in advance
    It's Storms team from X-Men #30 upwards. Not sure exactly which specific issue I'm afraid. Probably one from the first arc of it.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

It's from Bleeding Cool (I know, I know), but this might happen:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...en-collection/

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    It's from Bleeding Cool (I know, I know), but this might happen:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...en-collection/

In an ideal universe this would be an Omnibus collection of Uncanny X-Men #276-209, which is mostly JRJR with some scattered other artists.

However, this could just as easily be a OHC or TPB that gathers from the late 190s to 209 (perhaps under the guise of Magneto's first time joining the team), since #210+ has been collected in hardcover and soon-to-come TPB for Mutant Massacre.

You can see some extension discussion of the potential contents in our Omnibus thread.

Hey, is the new X-Treme X-Men title any good. Someone in another thread referred to it as "X-Men as Adventure" which sounds good to me. It's why I liked the original Claremont X-Treme X-Men book (before Larocca stopped drawing it). However, the alternate universe thing kind of turned me off. I read pretty much every version of Exiles already and kind of had my fill of that aspect. So, what do you guys think?
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I'm interested in Brubaker's run - there was a big gap between Morrison's run and Marvel's Heroic Age that I did not read X-books - but have heard mostly mixed (closer to negative) opinions about it, but w/o any real details. Can anyone give any details on how/why it was good/bad? Should I just start from the Shiar arc and see how i feel about it then?
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I'm interested in Brubaker's run, but have heard mostly mixed (closer to negative) opinions about it, but w/o any real details. Can anyone give any details on how/why it was good/bad? Should I just start from the Shiar arc and see how i feel about it then?
    I dug it. The Shi'ar arc is major space opera - think more Star Wars than Dark Phoenix. If you have the patience for 12 issues of that sort of thing, then you'll love it. Extremists goes all the way in the other direction: a down'n'dirty sewer brawl. It's average X-Men - not a memorable arc, but that means it wasn't bad, either.