Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default FANTASY DRAFT: Which X-Men Characters Deserve the Movie Spotlight?

Fox should have another hit with "X-Men: Days of Future Past," so why not spin off some solo films? CBR picks some mutants deserving more big screen love.

Full article here.

I'm done with the X-Men movies until Cyclops returns. "X-Men: Wolverine Saves the Mutants Past" is not a movie I could give two #&$%'s about.

Agree 100%, especially with Cable. Of all the characters he has the most potential to be a breakout star like Wolverine IMO, but a lot will depend on the casting.

I still want to see X-23 make it into the films.
    No Good Deed...: Check out my book!
    X-Men: New Class: A hypothetical Movie-Verse TV spinoff a'la Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Enough of Mystique and Magneto for me. I would love to see Madrox in x-factor TV show more then in movie.

I want Cyclops back (though I'm not sure about a solo film) and Wolverine gone (the movies would be better without him). They just need to reboot the franchise (something I'm sure they'll do before too long anyway because Jackman is getting too old to play Wolverine).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agree 100%, especially with Cable. Of all the characters he has the most potential to be a breakout star like Wolverine IMO, but a lot will depend on the casting.
    Pretty sure the correct answer is Stephen Lang.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Considering most of these cant maintain a solo comic, why do you think they could even possible helm a solo film?

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Considering most of these cant maintain a solo comic, why do you think they could even possible helm a solo film?
    All it takes is the right hook for a solo series to take off...these are all popular characters and a film is really a one-shot anyway...any decent character can carry a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Perpetrator View Post
    I'm done with the X-Men movies until Cyclops returns. "X-Men: Wolverine Saves the Mutants Past" is not a movie I could give two #&$%'s about.
    Unfortunately you've been consistently out voted by the general public, directors, and fox executives.
    Just say no to lame Ultimate replacement characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Very good point. And a Cyclops movie zzzzzzzz. I can see it now. He's uptight and plays by the rules. This May be there when Cyclops turn his head and zap things.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX7373 View Post
    Very good point. And a Cyclops movie zzzzzzzz. I can see it now. He's uptight and plays by the rules. This May be there when Cyclops turn his head and zap things.
    As opposed to Wolverine...who runs with sharp objects and bleeds all over everything. That's high entertainment.

And, if you think Cyclops always plays by the rules, guess you haven't been paying much attention to the last 10 years of stories.

I think Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus have all been poorly used by the movies. These guys, plus Wolvie and Professor X, WERE the X-Men when I started reading the comic, right around the Phoenix Saga. Strong characters, great histories and a lot of untapped potential. And yeah, I like Magneto, too, but let's shelve him for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I think Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus have all been poorly used by the movies. These guys, plus Wolvie and Professor X, WERE the X-Men when I started reading the comic, right around the Phoenix Saga. Strong characters, great histories and a lot of untapped potential. And yeah, I like Magneto, too, but let's shelve him for a bit.
    EVERYONE has been poorly used by the movies...except Wolverine who has been over-used. We need a reboot with a decent line-up, better filmakers, and a balanced Wolverine presence...he doesn't have to be the center of every damn movie.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    As opposed to Wolverine...who runs with sharp objects and bleeds all over everything. That's high entertainment.

And, if you think Cyclops always plays by the rules, guess you haven't been paying much attention to the last 10 years of stories.
    True punching and actual fights are so boring in movies that's why they never include them anymore, way better to have a character that zaps things when he looks at them. Which beam will he use a wide one, a tight one, will he look to his left, maybe his right?

And yea yea he's all badass now that he imitates Wolverine and Magneto all the time.