Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC Comics Announces Line-Wide Flash-Forwards in September 2014, More Lenticular Covers

DC aims to keep September a big month for them, with the return of motion covers and each ongoing series tying-in to weekly series "Futures End."

Full article here.

Gimmicks! Gotta love gimmicks.

Maybe it's cause I missed the 90's but I don't get the special cover love.

*shrugs*

Well, alright then. More silly motion covers it is. Personally, I want holographics gimmicks like from the 90's, but whatever.

As long as the stories are good, even tough Villains Month definitely had its downs there were some pretty great stories like Count Vertigo, Killer croc and Ridler (love me some good one-shots)
    Favorite comics out right now:
    1 Superior foes of Spider-man 2 Uncanny avengers
    3 Green arrow/Red lanterns 4 Wonder woman 5 Thor/Black science

Favorite comic character: Deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    As long as the stories are good, even tough Villains Month definitely had its downs there were some pretty great stories like Count Vertigo, Killer croc and Ridler (love me some good one-shots)
    There's nothing I love more than buying 60 comics so I can read 3 good ones. I've learned my lesson on these gimmicks there might be 1 or 2 good stories but the strong majority are complete crap. I'll be skipping this particular cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLightning View Post
    There's nothing I love more than buying 60 comics so I can read 3 good ones. I've learned my lesson on these gimmicks there might be 1 or 2 good stories but the strong majority are complete crap. I'll be skipping this particular cash grab.
    You technically don't need to buy all 60 comics you know. You can just skip the main event, like with the Villains Month and enjoy the issues as is (a bunch of the stories are good by themselves and I assume that will be the case here as well).

Ick.
    I imagine retailers LOVED this announcement.

I'll most likely only be buying Future's End and Batman and... at that point, so come September, I'm going to be ignoring the vast majority of these. Good times!

I'm kind of glad the 3D covers are making a return. They were a fun little novelty. Once a year is enough though, any more than that and DC will officially be milking it.

This sounds kind of sad but I'm not that invested in the New 52 DCU to even really care about what happens 5 years from now. I'd rather know which big stories from the past 50 years actually occurred in the New 52 iteration of the DCU. Well, to be honest, I guess I'd rather just have the old DCU back...

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    You technically don't need to buy all 60 comics you know. You can just skip the main event, like with the Villains Month and enjoy the issues as is (a bunch of the stories are good by themselves and I assume that will be the case here as well).
    I was relatively smart and did that for Villains month. Waited a week and bought the regular 2.99 comics that were getting good reviews. But even then I ended up getting rid of most of them a few months later because they didn't really add anything to the story and they were taking up space. I might go digitial this year and buy them for $.99 cents on comixology in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bluebolt1967 View Post
    This sounds kind of sad but I'm not that invested in the New 52 DCU to even really care about what happens 5 years from now. I'd rather know which big stories from the past 50 years actually occurred in the New 52 iteration of the DCU. Well, to be honest, I guess I'd rather just have the old DCU back...
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if 5 years into the future it's no longer the New 52 and everything has reverted back to the old DCU. At the end of the book is a picture of Didio laughing and pointing at you that says "Gotcha"

When are comic fans gonna wake up. It's pathetic.

Neat. Don't really care either way bout the covers. But I did like the flash forward sneak peak in Batman #28 so I look forward to this. Honestly most of the line will have completely different writers at that point so I can't really say what'll be good or not. But I am liking what I hear about Future's End and if this ties in to that then all the better. I doubt it'll be a direct tie in, more like an illustration of how screwed up (or I guess in cases not so screwed up) the future is going to be.

Save us McGinnis!

I'll probably just get what I usually do and maybe buy the 5 years later omnibus later :P

I'm looking forward to this. As usual the only books I'll get will be the ones I have on file anyway.

Wait, I just realized something.

If every comic is going to be affected by this (can't wait to see how they'll pull that off with All-Star Western), that's going to hurt any new comics or creative team changes that starts off during the summer. Having like 3 to 1 issue before they are stopped will be kind of annoying and might hurt the momentum a bit too much that early in the game for the titles.