Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Humphries' "Avengers A.I." #12 Closes The Series in April

Sam Humphries has confirmed "Avengers A.I." #12 will be the final issue of the series, closing the door on the automaton Avengers in April.

Full article here.

oh thank god

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

A criminally underrated series. Doombot was comedy gold! Victor Mancha was wonderful to have back; and Alexis, Chang and Pym's bipolar... such a shame. I do agree Dmitrios was rubbish, but I had so much fun with this series. Loss of a great, diverse cast.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Darn. I liked this series. Guess i should've bought more. With this and SpOck gone I'm going to be a sad sad panda. Ah well reading about superman getting the crap kicked out of him in several titles over the course of a month or two ought to pick me right up!

Can't say I'm surprised. Never was really my cup of tea. Hope Vizh and Hank can find a home somewhere else, and soon (with Ant-Man and AoU comming soon, I think that's guaranteed).

Peace

I'm not really surprised. The writing was pretty decent, but I felt like Andre Lima Araujo's pencils were completely the wrong fit for the book. His art has a soft, light-hearted, almost cartoonish look that I felt didn't match the tone of the book at all. When Schiti came on as fill-in artist, I actually enjoyed the book more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    A criminally underrated series. Doombot was comedy gold! Victor Mancha was wonderful to have back; and Alexis, Chang and Pym's bipolar... such a shame. I do agree Dmitrios was rubbish, but I had so much fun with this series. Loss of a great, diverse cast.
    Agreed.

Avengers have had a few good quality titles, cancelled. It sucks. I hope they find something good to replace it and I hope the cast has a place to land.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

It's a shame, it was such a fun book with really great concepts that made the geek in me very happy (Dmitrios's opening presentation/cash swapping, Dmitrios vs Vision, Avengerzord). All the characters were likeable. He wrote a good Hank, and Alexis had so much potential. I don't doubt she'll quickly end up in obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. Never was really my cup of tea. Hope Vizh and Hank can find a home somewhere else, and soon (with Ant-Man and AoU comming soon, I think that's guaranteed).

Peace
    More likely replaced

I'll miss this one. It seemed like it could have done good things, but got way too caught up in this long drawn out Dimitrios story.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

NOOOOooooooooooooooo.... I wanted to see the robot revolution continue Will miss this series as this was the biggest love to the robot side of Marvel.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I knew it was getting cancelled, but I'm still sad. I thought this was a really fun book. I liked the team a whole lot and the premise of the book. It made me happy to see Pym lead and get to shine again. Doombot was hilarious and Alexa was a very cool new character. I hope other writers bring them into other books. Hopefully Pym will be starring in another book soon.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

i actually like humpries but this series was so awful, i really dont why they didnt try and least continue or tie together some of the awesome develoments that remender had in his secret avengers arcs

Not surprised but the book managed to outlast Morbius with the biggest names being Vision and Pym.

I'm not sure this was the right creative team. Araujo was inspired, but his technical craft needed a bit more work. This book also could have used a writer with more of a mind for high concepts.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.