Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Valiant Brings Back Chromium Covers for "Armor Hunters"

Valiant will pay tribute to its '90s roots this summer with five "Armor Hunters" chromium covers, and CBR has the exclusive first details.

Full article here.

so $2 extra? ummm idk

Anyhow, this piece of news reminded me of this very well thought out article

http://multiversitycomics.com/column...ive-in-comics/
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

I would buy the Unity one.

Suayan is the goddamn JAM.

I liked chromium covers when I was a kid, so I'm all for this.

I still have my old XO#0 cover, damn this crossover looks good, even the Bloodshot book. Hope that Shadowman is one of the "special recruits".
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Wow 18 issues. I know I'm getting this but I really hope the size of this crossover doesn't hurt sales.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

I'm sure some, if not all, will look amazing on the shelf. Not to much unlike the nu52 DC ones they did for Villain month.

If they are a reasonable variant and I can get them for the MSRP listed on cover I'll consider them. I don't do jacked up costs for variants. I'm game for the story and if I end up with those 5 issues in standard format I'm totally fine with that.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I'm down for the story but I'm most definitely not down for paying more for gimmick covers. I'm glad they're going to offer regular covers at the "normal" cover price.

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    I'm down for the story but I'm most definitely not down for paying more for gimmick covers. I'm glad they're going to offer regular covers at the "normal" cover price.
    Agreed--the chromium is there for the collectors who want it, and I get the nostalgia. It's not my thing either.

Now what would be cool to bring back would be a new "X-O Database" with more acetate armor layers so that you can remove the armor piece by piece to see what makes it tick.

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I'm interested in the books, but I'll pass on the gimmick covers.

18 issues... ouch...

This is deja vu however, I said the same thing when Forever Evil: Blight was announced

I don't necessarily think it's gimmicky. It's a nice nod to their past, and chromium will look good with this artwork. Variant covers are meant for collectors. This is no different. Even better, the price for the chromium cover is only a couple dollars more than regular. They've made it affordable.

I hope they save some flats for collectors. I'd hate to see what the bookstore where I get my comics will accidentally do to these covers. They tend to mangle books.

It's OK for me as long as Valiant keep the regular cover with the chromium ones.

I will not buy the chromium ones because my budget is now limited and I prefer to spend lesser or to buy other books thanks to the requested $2.00.
    2000 AD of course!!!
    All Hail The Mighty Tharg

Horrible idea, as it's total waste of production cost in what is already expensive. I'm glad I gave up print and went digital. I'm dumbfounded by sheer lack of hindsight by the new Valiant owners. This isn't going sell nearly as well as it did the first time Valiant did this. If anything these expensive promotions is going hurt them because the summer is full of "event" comics. Valiant can't compete with Marvel or DC in that regard, so jacking up their cover prices with tinfoil is astoundingly foolish. Whoever is in charge of marketing that idea needs a mean slap in the back the head. Valiant comics should be a LOW-cost alternative to Marvel and DC.
    Last edited by Cray_ws; 02-27-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    Wisdom is conquered with patience