Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Disney To Film Netflix "Daredevil," "Luke Cage" Series in NYC

CEO Bob Iger and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo are expected to announce plans to film Disney's street-level Marvel/Netflix series in New York City.

Full article here.

More Human Than Human FearEmbodied's Avatar

I'm really excited for these, especially the Daredevil one. I'll watch it into my eyes go blind. Hopefully Marvel can elaborate on the good points of similar shows like Agents of Shield and Arrow and make something that's even better.

One more thing that I hoped for, is that my buddy Frank Castle shows up eventually. He's perfect fodder if they need a sort of Slade or Deadshot role to this show's Arrow.
    The Punisher, performing Bolt-Action brain surgery since 1974!

Hopefully it's gritty and not happy go lucky

Quote Originally Posted by FearEmbodied View Post
    I'm really excited for these, especially the Daredevil one. I'll watch it into my eyes go blind. Hopefully Marvel can elaborate on the good points of similar shows like Agents of Shield and Arrow and make something that's even better.

One more thing that I hoped for, is that my buddy Frank Castle shows up eventually. He's perfect fodder if they need a sort of Slade or Deadshot role to this show's Arrow.
    I figure The Punisher is going to get the House of Cards ongoing NetFilx series treatment if anything.

I am guessing that if The Defenders does well, Marvel might venture into NetFilx series next.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil Is Legend View Post
    Hopefully it's gritty and not happy go lucky
    Agree. I can see Daredevil being a competent crime show/super hero cross or a campy marketing department driven mess like agents of shield. Kinda nervous as I feel Dinsey has already picked the tone for the Marvel Universe.

I wouldn't some Iron Fist sweetness in that Cage show.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    I wouldn't some Iron Fist sweetness in that Cage show.
    Iron Fist is getting his own show along with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Cage.

That said I'm certain Danny and Luke will share some scree time together, if not in their own shows then in Defenders. And I'm certain the same will be true for Cage and his future wife as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frank Castle shows up as a supporting/guest player in one of these shows. It might be cool if he just gets "talked" about a lot without appearing, though.

Looking forward to Daredevil and Iron Fist the most.
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimates View Post
    Agree. I can see Daredevil being a competent crime show/super hero cross or a campy marketing department driven mess like agents of shield. Kinda nervous as I feel Dinsey has already picked the tone for the Marvel Universe.
    I think marvel itself has sort of picked it's tone. I think they're trying to be dark and funny at the same time. We see that with Iron Man and even in the Thor movies. It gets a bit dark at times, but there's always a cute one liner just around the corner.

For better or for worse, I think marvel has sort of developed it's own distict style across the board. It's very Joss Whedon actually.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Iron Fist is getting his own show along with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Cage
    4 shows?

Hmm, that's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    4 shows?

Hmm, that's a lot.
    It's essentially the TV version of what they did with Avengers.

4 solo characters getting their own movie (or in this case show), then bringing them all together for one big team up.

Since the shows are on Netflix, and given the characters involved, I think that they will be more gritty and mature than the movies or AOS. They can get away with more on Netflix, as Netflix's other shows have already shown. So they're filming in NYC are they. Yeah because we all know that Hell's Kitchen is such a Hell hole these days, not.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    Since the shows are on Netflix, and given the characters involved, I think that they will be more gritty and mature than the movies or AOS. They can get away with more on Netflix, as Netflix's other shows have already shown. So they're filming in NYC are they. Yeah because we all know that Hell's Kitchen is such a Hell hole these days, not.
    I live in Hell's Kitchen and reading Daredevil always cracks me up for this reason. It's one of the nicest, shiniest neighborhoods in the whole city these days.

I think this a perfect way to do it. Big epic superheroes get movie treatment, while street level vigilantes get to tv screens.
    The tone of these shows is gonna be a deciding factor, though. But since it's for netflix, what kind of ratings are we looking at? PG? Or will they have a chance to not hold back and HBO or Showtime levels of fun?
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    The real life Hell's Kitchen is pretty swanky now. The area near Port Authority hasn't changed much visually at all, so if they need
    an area that looks crime ridden they can shoot there.

Its a damn shame that the Lenox Lounge is closed now. A live action Luke Cage production set in Harlem almost demands a
    "Cage chilling at the Lenox Lounge" scene.

Well I guess Cage can chill at the Red Rooster (and freak out about the prices there).