Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny Avengers, #18.NOW

This March, experience the Marvel Universe like you've never seen it before when Avenge the Earth kicks off in UNCANNY AVENGERS 18.NOW! From the New York Times Bestselling creators Rick Remender and Daniel Acuña comes the next arc in the series fans are calling "amazing", "intense" and "epic"!

Welcome to Planet X - the new mutant homeworld. Torn from their home, Homo Superior has begun anew away from a world that hates and fears them. Life is great - assuming you possess the mutant gene!

Janet Van Dyne, the Wasp, stands alone as the last remaining human being alive. Now, she fights for her life against Magneto and his All-New X-Force! Magneto's dream of mutant superiority almost in his grasp - he'll stop at nothing to exterminate the last of humanity once and for all! But they'll have to get through the Wasp's husband Havok first! And the leader of the Uncanny Avengers won't go down that easily!

"It's been a long time coming-more than a year in the making!-but we're finally at the big epic climax of Rick's mega-arc," says Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. "As readers have reacted to the startling events of the past few issues, wondering just how all of this can possibly be happening, we've known all along that the real shockers were yet to come! And Daniel Acuña's depictions of Planet X are so fully-realized and so amazing that you'll want to buy a condo there yourself (if you happen to be a mutant!)"

"It's not too late for readers to get on board for the most amazing finale they'll read all year! And they'll need to, if only to feel well-informed and ready when-but I've said too much!"

What has happened to the rest of the Uncanny Avengers? Who survived the Apocalypse Twins cataclysmic plot, and how? Find out when Avenge the Earth kicks off in UNCANNY AVENGERS 18.NOW this March!

Full article here.

Its good to see some consistency in the ever rotating door of artists that Marvel has become; Ribic is back on Thor and now Acua returns for UA.

Also, I loved McNiven's issues and I do hope he'll return later on to keep this ship steady as she goes.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Is it possible for two mutant parents to have a recessive normal human offspring? Do they execute such normal human children on Planet X? Or is the X-trait recessive?

The x gene is wierd since it has been portrayed both ways all magnetos children are mutants to human mothers but mystique and sabretooth had a human son where as wolverine has had a mix of both all to human mothers

Time Displaced Victim Anotherdae's Avatar

What the heck is going on in this series?

Being that Kang and Immortus are invovled, I'm envisioning some type of reset when the story (finally) concludes. McNiven's art on the past few issues wasn't up to the standard he set 10 years ago, but it wasn't bad. Acuna, though, is doing stellar work on this title.

Finale? Does it mean Uncanny Avengers is ending?
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Being that Kang and Immortus are invovled, I'm envisioning some type of reset when the story (finally) concludes.
    I thought some pre-release art months ago spoiled that Thor was going to be recruited by Kang / Immortus.

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Finale? Does it mean Uncanny Avengers is ending?
    no. it refers to the story finale. not series.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Is it possible for two mutant parents to have a recessive normal human offspring? Do they execute such normal human children on Planet X? Or is the X-trait recessive?
    It is possible. Mystique and Sabretooth had a human son, Graydon Creed.