Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Avengers #27

This March, secrets stand revealed in AVENGERS #27, from blockbuster writer Jonathan Hickman and fan-favorite artist Salvador Larroca! They have come from another space and time, but they are not who they seem. As the science war overtakes the globe, the truth behind the All-New Avengers stands revealed! And it will shock Earth's Mightiest Heroes to their core. If they live that long. The collision of the Avengers and New Avengers is imminent, and no fan can afford to miss the clash of these two titanic teams! This March, secrets can only stay buried for so long in AVENGERS #27!

But that's not all! Avengers #27 also contains the full story from ALL-NEW INVADERS #1 as bonus content at no extra charge! Now is your chance to hop on board one of the hottest new series of All-New Marvel NOW! as Captain America, The Winter Soldier, Namor and the Original Human Torch re-band to wage a new kind of war!

Full preview here.

Evil Iron Man is wearing vintage armor and Evil Thor is outnumbered 3 to 1 by Good Thor, Hyperion and Captain Marvel. While Evil Captain America fights Good Captain America.

The Evil Avengers should get stomped by sheer force of numbers. But we don't know where Evil Wasp and
    Enslaved Hulk are.

I'm really interested to see how they work this.

It's been a while since I've seen Larocca art this good. This looks pretty stinking great!
    I've never had a signaure before. This is pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Evil Iron Man is wearing vintage armor and Evil Thor is outnumbered 3 to 1 by Good Thor, Hyperion and Captain Marvel. While Evil Captain America fights Good Captain America.

The Evil Avengers should get stomped by sheer force of numbers.
    That was my first thought. If not even the numbers game, the years of experience should count for something.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

The Evil Avengers should get stomped by sheer force of numbers. But we don't know where Evil Wasp and
    Enslaved Hulk are.

I'm really interested to see how they work this.
    Evil Captain America's scale uniform > Good Captain America's Bumbleflex uniform
    Evil Iron Man vintage armor > Good Iron Man armor
    Captain Marvel's helmet = looks stupid
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

The good Iron Man should easily beat the evil one
    Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The good Iron Man should easily beat the evil one
    No way. Evil triumphs because good is dumb.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    Evil Captain America's scale uniform > Good Captain America's Bumbleflex uniform
    Evil Iron Man vintage armor > Good Iron Man armor
    Captain Marvel's helmet = looks stupid
    Think you missed one. Thor's Kirby style threads beats the hell out of that stupidly looking arm armour that he's been saddled with since JMS's run. Really hate that the movies have pretty much ensured that we'll never be rid of it!
    It's going to be weird reading this when the 'evil false avengers' look more like how I imagine the Avengers than the current group does..
    Last edited by Jason S; 02-25-2014 at 09:15 AM.

It is interesting. There are two things that have hinted at that need to be explained. First,when the Enslaved Hulk became Banner,the Evil Wasp said "I can't use my power on him,it might affect the-". This was hinting at something. What exactly would it affect? They are not in their own universe. The only thing that comes to mind is the way they transport themselves with Thor. Is he
    Secondly the alternate Banner goes to the apartment and finds what seems to be Bruce. Before he says "if it's real in my world...maybe it's real here". Is "it a clone of Banner or a LMD? Is that clue?

Does anyone have any theories on this? You have heard mine,what are your thoughts?

I don't think I've been so excited for the NEXT arc of a comic in my life.

Not that this one's been bad, far from it. But it's clearly designed to build to the Avengers/Illuminati conflict and that's more interesting than Evil Avengers ever will be.

And hey, All-New Invaders is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    Think you missed one. Thor's Kirby style threads beats the hell out of that stupidly looking arm armour that he's been saddled with since JMS's run. Really hate that the movies have pretty much ensured that we'll never be rid of it!
    I apologize for my oversight. You are correct.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    It is interesting. There are two things that have hinted at that need to be explained. First,when the Enslaved Hulk became Banner,the Evil Wasp said "I can't use my power on him,it might affect the-". This was hinting at something. What exactly would it affect? They are not in their own universe. The only thing that comes to mind is the way they transport themselves with Thor. Is he
    Secondly the alternate Banner goes to the apartment and finds what seems to be Bruce. Before he says "if it's real in my world...maybe it's real here". Is "it a clone of Banner or a LMD? Is that clue?

Does anyone have any theories on this? You have heard mine,what are your thoughts?
    Well, welcome aboard and THANK YOU for actually adding to the conversation.
    LOOK AT NEW AVENGERS #18 and tell me we should spend another page on 1960's versions punching Hickman's Avengers
    http://www.newsarama.com/20360-marvel-comics-may-2014-solicitations.html

Quote Originally Posted by mystery_saw View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen Larocca art this good. This looks pretty stinking great!
    The cover is a homage to Avengers v.1 # 44 (or so), with the Super Adaptoid. That was one of my first comics as a 12 year old, or so. Loved it. Still remember most of it. It was before Hercules and the Widow were members, but they hung around quite a lot. (and Widow and Hawkeye were lovers, too)
    "Mmmmmmm, Namor" - Celebrating Cold Water's Appreciation of All Things Namor

Quote Originally Posted by Dejarik Czar View Post
    Well, welcome aboard and THANK YOU for actually adding to the conversation.
    LOOK AT NEW AVENGERS #18 and tell me we should spend another page on 1960's versions punching Hickman's Avengers
    http://www.newsarama.com/20360-marvel-comics-may-2014-solicitations.html
    Iron Man is the only member of the Illuminati who is a Avengers member. He is somehow connected with this and that was hinted at in Hickman's recent Avengers issue. There are some many plot threads in this series. We have this,we have AIM,and the whole New Universal stuff being added to continuity plus connecting Hickman connecting those powers with the Captain Universe's Uni-power.Plus there are others. Hopefully he will finish explaining some of them soon. The story has been going on for over a year now.

Are you suggesting or suggesting that Hickman is suggesting that the Incursions of other universes has something to do with The New Universe? (Starbrand, et al)

that would be interesting. And I previously missed the possible connection to Cap.Universe. I like when Marvel stories write themselves, literally based on their own previous ideas and continuity.
    "Mmmmmmm, Namor" - Celebrating Cold Water's Appreciation of All Things Namor