Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Iron Man, #23.NOW

This March, Iron Man battles for his life against supernatural forces unlike anything he's ever faces when the blockbuster new story arc "Rings of the Mandarins" kicks off in IRON MAN #23.NOW! From blockbuster writer Kieron Gillen and red-hot artist Luke Ross comes an Iron Man epic that will be remembered for the ages!

The powerful Mandarin Rings have surfaced, seeking new hosts. For months, Tony has clashed against new enemies possessing the destructive powers of one of Iron Man's greatest foes. But while the rings search for new hosts - a deadly foe seeks to claim all ten for his own!

Malekith the Accursed seeks their power, and with an army of Dark Elves at his back he may just have the power to do it! When a single ring possesses the power to level cities, how can Tony face off against all ten? Thankfully, he'll find help in the most unlikely of places. But even the help of Marvel UK's Dark Angel and his brother Arno may not be enough to stop the cataclysmic power of Malekith!

It's the world's most cutting edge science versus the most arcane science known to man when Iron Man squares off against Malekith and his armies this Marhc! Don't miss the start of the brand new arc that will have everyone talking when Rings of the Mandarins kicks off in IRON MAN 23.NOW!

Full article here.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this arc. Tony going up against Malekith is going to be interesting.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I'm not crazy about the idea. Why can't he have his own villains? Does he need to tangle with one of Thor's?

As long as this whole ten rings nonsense ends with the real Mandarin returning, I'll be fine with it.

Matt Fraction's and Kieron Gillen's runs on Iron Man have been absolutely horrible. What the hell is wrong with the editorial board of Marvel?

For a great Iron Man story you really need a writer who's at least conversant with modern technologies. I know these days the heads of Marvel and DC don't give a damn about doing a great job but how hard could it be to find a writer with a background in Engineering?

Finally a nearly decent artist on this book. I don't understand why Marvel wouldn't put one of their top-tier artists on their Iron Man book... It's been so rubbish. Just any one of Bendis' artists, plz.

The idea of the rings being sentient is bone-stupid. Anything that flows off that concept is just, no, go away.