Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Worlds' Finest, #20

Power Girl and Huntress come face to face with the Superman and Batman of the DC Universe for the first time in chapter 2 of "First Contact"! Continues in next month's BATMAN/SUPERMAN #9!

Full article here.

I'm loving this, but it's difficult to follow crossovers from one title to the next -- it looks like there's another issue between Bats/Supes and WF-H&PG before we get to this issue -- which other title(s) is/are involved in the First Contact storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by tedbragg1 View Post
    I'm loving this, but it's difficult to follow crossovers from one title to the next -- it looks like there's another issue between Bats/Supes and WF-H&PG before we get to this issue -- which other title(s) is/are involved in the First Contact storyline?
    Why do you say that? Have you already read Batman/Superman #8?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Durr. I'm a dork. #8 isn't out yet...

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

I love these characters and the crossover has me really excited but I'm really hoping Worlds' Finest gets a new writer and artist soon. The story movies too slow and the art is too blocky and jagged for my taste.
    Check out Hall of Justice Forums at: http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

This is looking to be a fun crossover adventure.

Veteran Member

"No guns"

Levitz, last time I checked both Prime Earth Batman and Earth 2 Batman had the same origin.

Same origin, but not exactly the same responses.
    As seen in Batman/Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    "No guns"

Levitz, last time I checked both Prime Earth Batman and Earth 2 Batman had the same origin.
    Well. Prime Earth Batman didn't have parademons and new gods all over the place. There are only so many times you can punch those things before it just gets silly and tedious :P Though Earth 2 bats did use guns a little before the invasion if i remember the first Batman/Superman arc correctly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    "No guns"

Last time I checked, prime earth Bruce still had cannons on his jets and cars, anyhow. They're for knocking down barriers. They're still there, though.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bdiggs View Post
    Same origin, but not exactly the same responses.
    As seen in Batman/Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'O_R'hon View Post
    Well. Prime Earth Batman didn't have parademons and new gods all over the place. There are only so many times you can punch those things before it just gets silly and tedious :P Though Earth 2 bats did use guns a little before the invasion if i remember the first Batman/Superman arc correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Last time I checked, prime earth Bruce still had cannons on his jets and cars, anyhow. They're for knocking down barriers. They're still there, though.
    Which still doesn't make this Batman's phrase any more logical. He still uses explosives or anything like that and cannons are not the same as guns.

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tedbragg1 View Post
    You may be talking about the prelude issue, which was in the previous Worlds Finest issue. But, as far as I know, DC's announced it's only these two books. (Thankfully.)

For me, the crossover makes sense. Earth-One Batman and Superman have been to Earth-Two and therefore may know a way to cross back.

But, on the other hand, DC blew the timing of it incredibly by having Power Girl in Suicide Squad. That comes after this crossover, which is supposed to give the girls a chance to go back to Earth-Two.
    Now with a blog! Visit: http://bfromc.wordpress.com

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    You may be talking about the prelude issue, which was in the previous Worlds Finest issue. But, as far as I know, DC's announced it's only these two books. (Thankfully.)

For me, the crossover makes sense. Earth-One Batman and Superman have been to Earth-Two and therefore may know a way to cross back.

But, on the other hand, DC blew the timing of it incredibly by having Power Girl in Suicide Squad. That comes after this crossover, which is supposed to give the girls a chance to go back to Earth-Two.
    Hell, they blew it even before that when they made her interact with Supergirl.

Cause, god forbid, DC puts out a comic without Batman and Superman in it.
    A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde

I'm really excited about this. I've only read one issue of Worlds' Finest and I really enjoyed it. I just there was someone on this title that would be a bit better to compliment Jae Lee, but either way, I'm excited.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"