Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Deadly Class, #2

It's Marcus's first day at the Kings Dominion High School for the Deadly Arts. A locker full of death threats, a schedule full of brutality, and whispers in the hallway about his mysterious past...which is fast catching up to cut out his freshly broken heart.

Full article here.

Man, Wes Craig is so good.

I typically don't like Remender but I enjoyed #1 a lot, and since this is a light comic week for me I'll probably pick this up.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I was very impressed by #1 and Comixology said that this had a page count of 40. I'm sure that's not all story, but I appreciate all the work that appears to be going into it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Man, Wes Craig is so good.

I typically don't like Remender but I enjoyed #1 a lot, and since this is a light comic week for me I'll probably pick this up.
    Yeah the art in this book is terrific. Remender is setting up a fascinating world.

Didn't like this as much as #1 but still thoroughly enjoyed it. Wes Craig is a huge draw for me, his style and page design is so good, and I think the colors are a really strong match too. I like Marcus a lot and think Remender has introduced a lot of fun supporting characters to play with. I like the high school metaphor and love 80s pop culture. My only real complaint is that I think some of the more direct "school" associations (ex: a bunch of students going to "beheading class") get kind of silly and detract from what often otherwise feels pretty grounded in reality.

I give this credit for being a very readable page-turner. I was engrossed the whole way through and couldn't wait to read more when the issue was over.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Didn't like this as much as #1 but still thoroughly enjoyed it. Wes Craig is a huge draw for me, his style and page design is so good, and I think the colors are a really strong match too. I like Marcus a lot and think Remender has introduced a lot of fun supporting characters to play with. I like the high school metaphor and love 80s pop culture. My only real complaint is that I think some of the more direct "school" associations (ex: a bunch of students going to "beheading class") get kind of silly and detract from what often otherwise feels pretty grounded in reality.

I give this credit for being a very readable page-turner. I was engrossed the whole way through and couldn't wait to read more when the issue was over.
    I enjoyed this issue more than the first. The first issue was chaotic in trying to get Marcus from the streets to the school. I think Remender can go too heavy with pacing the action in his books and I've stopped reading Black Science and Captain America because of it. This second issue was more settled and started to unravel the mystery of the book's world. I dont find the book terribly grounded in reality, its 80s punk mixed with Harry Potter and Wanted.

Agree on the coloring and it being a page turner. Really looking forward to issue #3.

Better than the last issue (we got to the Class part of Deadly Class) and I'm liking this world that is being built up here. I'm not a big fan of any of these characters, on the other hand, because they are just rather unlikeable and charmless. Of course, that could change with time and I'll be sticking around. The issue was fine, but not as good as that OTHER book about schools teaching people to be assassins was.

I loved the book, but I am not that interested in the storyline involving the kid looking for revenge against Marcos.

Looks interesting. I have never heard of this comic book, but I am going to check out the first one and then this one as well. The comic looks great and I love the cover on number 2. The colors are great.

I enjoyed it, though I could probably get behind any comic with punks/assassins where the main character is looking to go kill Ronald Reagan.