Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NBC Will Revive "Heroes" in 2015

Tim Kring's superhero television show will return as "Heroes: Reborn," a 13-episode miniseries.

Full article here.

Calling it "Heroes Reborn" does not bode well.

i loved the first season... then it got very complicated and "mysterious"
    everything was a mystery, everyone was manipulating everyone.. and it was filled with retcons.. everyone's parents already knew each other....
    and Quinto's character was cool as a villain, why turn him into a good guy? maybe he had too many powers and that was the mistake...
    that's why they had to get rid of Peter Petrelli's powers, he was too powerful to be appealing as a character...
    so.. basically it became a mess
    they mini series format should do wonders with the story, it should keep them focused (AHS minis have been great!!!)
    i'm hoping something good comes from this
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

I still haven't finished watching season 3. I really need to catch up.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I still haven't finished watching season 3. I really need to catch up.
    Don't just don't.

Season 1 was magnificent but after that it turned to garbage.

I do hope for a full reboot as the last series cannot be salvaged. Tim Kring should be the ONLY person in charge.
    "They can try, but no one's gonna care." Legendary Quote by MartinRedmond

The beginning of the series was a decent X-Men rip, but the longer it went the worse it got. Season 2 and 3 were nearly unwatchable.

i don't know what to think of this. i guess i'm beyond excited but only for nostalgic reasons.
    i love the dc new 52.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The first season was great. Loved the mood, and the bond of brotherhood between Peter and the flying Mitt Romney. It completely fell apart after that, and became unwatchable.

By the end of the first season, the stakes were just too high for any of it to work on a television budget.

They announced a Heroes ongoing comic last summer during the convention season that was supposed to directly the follow the events of the last episode. I wonder if and how the miniseries will tie-in with the comic.

Heroes was a series with a lot of promise. All the pieces for a good show were there, they just really dropped the ball after season 1 and never really figured out a good way to recover.

I never made it past season 3. It just got SO convoluted and preposterous... Plus characters like Mohinder and Maya just got more and more obnoxious and I just wished they'd die or something.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Don't just don't.

Season 1 was magnificent but after that it turned to garbage.

I do hope for a full reboot as the last series cannot be salvaged. Tim Kring should be the ONLY person in charge.
    Heh I tried to get through it twice and lost interest in it both times. Once when it was new and again when it was shown on G4.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

NBC's Heroes is perhaps the GREATEST show that has even aired on the NBC network in recent times. It was in reality the only NBC prime time show that was good father and son programming other than the short lived "Bionic Woman" and "The Cape". At that time there was no "Grimm", no "Revolution" and no "About A Boy" on NBC.

The show had a nice mix of mystery, mystique, intrigue, suspense, stomach twisting plots and unexpected twist and turns.

I think the show had one of the best cast ever! My personal favorites are Nathan Petrelli, Niki Sanders, Micah Sanders, Isaac Méndez and of course Hayden Panettiere's Claire Bennet! Sometimes things are best left alone and I think that "Heroes" is one of those things that should be left as it is. I am not at all against the revival of the "Heroes" franchise but many things get rebooted only to fall flat and well short of expectations. "Heroes" is very much a Holy Grail of a classic. Only time shall tell if "Heroes Reborn" is as good as the original although I'm certainly going to keep my fingers crossed and my prayers going up. I really enjoyed the original "Heroes" and I'd be more than happy if Heroes Reborn turns out to be solid gold but I sure won't be holding my breath.

Can they get back the old casts ? Need another Sylar vs Peter fight.

Hope they start from the ground up. New characters and less world shattering story arcs. After you save the world in the first season there's no where else to go.
    Not every season should have the world hanging in the balance. And no more "them vs us" X-men rip off stories. More isolated personal stories.
    The UK's Misfts was the perfect example of how to do character focused stories. I would encourage you all to check it out.

The old cast could make cameos, but it became obvious that the writers didn't know what to do with them. Clare, Peter, Sylar, Hiro etc just kept going around in circles. Sylar didn't know if he wanted to be good or not, Clare hates her dad, then loves her dad then hates him again. I could tell they were running out of ideas.

Which episodes did Jeph Loeb work on? I blame him for everything...

Seriously, first season was great. Heck, even some of the second season was fun...but then it just got weird. They shouldn't totally redo the whole thing, because I liked the idea of what they had. Just...I'm so scared. Why? WHY?!