Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NBC closes in on their "Constantine"

NBC and Warner Bros. are reportedly close to casting "Criminal Minds" alumni Matt Ryan as DC's occult anti-hero.

Full article here.

322549.1.jpg this is him blond

I can see it.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Thought it would be good for a second, then I remembered Goyer is involved.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Thanks for the pic.

I like that Daniel Cerone is involved. David Goyer, I can live with. Neill Marshall surely can't do anything heinous to it. The actor is watchable enough. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    At least he's not writing the script

Not familiar with the actor. I want this to be good in the worst way. One of my favorite characters...
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

They've already exceeded my expectations, the guy is British! Surfer dude Keanu was one of the worst casting decisions ever. Now the next question is, do they go full on horror like early Hellblazer?

Well I like this news, but it's still got a long ways to go before it makes fans forget about Keanu Reeves. This guy being British certainly helps.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by josh straightedge View Post
    Not familiar with the actor. I want this to be good in the worst way. One of my favorite characters...
    What do you mean by good in the worst way?

Surely you want it to be a entertaining show, capturing the spirit of the comic, along with the story, many other elements, very watchable for those who don't read Constantine and associated works?

Just needs the attitude and he's sorted.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why fanboys hate David Goyer.
    i love the dc new 52.

Eh, I'd love a Constantine show, but I don't think NBC is the right network to air it on.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. k0 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why fanboys hate David Goyer.
    He had Superman kill someone. Something the character has done before even though the current status quo is that he doesn't kill

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    He had Superman kill someone. Something the character has done before even though the current status quo is that he doesn't kill
    Not only has Superman in the comics killed Zod before, he killed Zod and two other Kryptonians. The really bad part is..he took away their powers with gold kryptonite(which removes kryptonian powers FOREVER, with no reversing it) and then..instead of just taking these powerless people and tossing them in jail he murders them with Green K.

Granted though, when Superman kills in the movie he kinda screams in agony, but seems mostly ok after. But in the comics the act caused him to basically go insane for a short while.

Now see *that* would be an interesting sequel. A slightly insane Superman wandering the galaxy, trying to get rid of his guilt. They also wouldn't even need to toss Batman in there for no reason! So everybody wins, except Batman I guess? But dude had a trilogy of recent movies so hard to feel bad for the guy.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.