Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Feb 21, 2014

Marvel EIC Axel Alonso discusses how publishing prepares for a film like "Guardians of the Galaxy," the "Original Sin" tie-in plan and more.

Full article here.

Such a tease...I really hope we get a Storm solo.

Also, Original Sin is sounding more and more interesting.

Original Sin would have been a great crossover to include The Spirit of Vengeance .....
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

If they're going to bring back Blink it has to be the AoA version that's currently bouncing round the multiverse rather than the 616 one. She is awful!
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    If they're going to bring back Blink it has to be the AoA version that's currently bouncing round the multiverse rather than the 616 one. She is awful!
    AoA Blink is a badass. Took down King Hyperion. I'd love to see somebody use her again.
    <a href="http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=713901P01">Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com</a>
    THE absolute best online comic shop!!!

We're also at a time where people are interested books with our younger heroes—the success of "Avengers Academy," "Young Avengers" and "Ms. Marvel" proves there's an audience for it.
    So let's NOT get a new writer for Young Avengers and let's NOT put out a book focussing on the dozens of interesting X-students (but instead bring out one focussing on the teachers with token appearances by students no one likes).

And Original Sin continues to look like someone threw darts at names of characters as a way to decide who it should include in the event. It's going to be ridiculous.
    Last edited by NexusTenebrare; 02-21-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Black Panther is the team leader in an event. I like. Hoping this turns out well.

"And like any good murder mystery there will be lots of twists and turns and red herrings, and the identity -- and motive -- of the killer is a true shocker."

I'm predicting Jean Loring.

Events are an "annual occurrence"? According to what calendar?

Brian Bendis and Steve McNiven's "Guardians of the Galaxy" #1 was the number one selling title the month the series launched
    Give me 30 variant covers and McNiven and I would sell the same.

#bringbackdnaforgood

I like that Marvel is pushing Guardians of the Galaxy with all their marketing might. It has rejuvenated a series that was never as prominent as it is now. My only concern is that all this push will amount to nothing if the movie isn't very good. Movies like Battlefield Earth and Waterworld were given plenty of push, but they failed miserably. Now I don't think Guardians is going to fail that bad, but I think this movie has a lot less going for it because it doesn't have the same iconic characters as previous Marvel movies.

And seeing Madelyne Pryor back in the X-men #12 preview was very satisfying. I can't wait for her to return to the X-books. I hope she shows up in other places as well. She's the kind of villain that could do so much damage in the modern X-books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff! View Post
    Original Sin would have been a great crossover to include The Spirit of Vengeance .....
    who, this guy?

Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by stingerman View Post
    #bringbackdnaforgood
    I heard they split up so that might not be possible even if Marvel wanted them.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/...l-differences/

Must admit original sin sounds interesting to me.

Well, while Jonathan Hickman's run on various Avengers titles started out with great promise, the quality has taken a drastic downturn ever since the first issue of the boring and unremarkable "Infinity" "event". Considering that Manhattan Projects and East of West are so incredibly awesome, I can only draw the conclusion that Hickman is being crippled by the Writing-by-Committee dictum of Marvel Editorial. So while brain-dead authors like Bendis get free reign to inflict there idiocy on us, the powers that be at Marvel won't let great writers write great stories for their precious IP.

On another point Comic Book Resources should do a report on the terrible quality of the paper used in the Omnibus editions and individual comic books that Marvel/Disney is publishing. I've basically stopped buying Omnibi from Marvel because of the shitty paper.

Why doesn't CBR ask Axel Alonso about that?! That would be a serious journalistic question.