Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Tales of Honor, #1

THE HONORVERSE EXPANDS TO COMICS!
    Based on the bestselling military science-fiction novels by David Weber, this original comic book series introduces spaceship captain Honor Harrington on the eve of her execution. From prison, Honor relays her epic adventures, starting with a command outpost to a hellish backwater star system that ends up being the linchpin of an interstellar crisis that will bring war to her home planet. This series is part of a new multi-platform story world that includes a mobile game app to be released with the first issue and a feature film currently in development.

Full article here.

I don't know anything about this series, but this looks like the start of something worth sinking your teeth into. The only thing that confuses me is this "multi-platform story world" business. Does that mean that I have to read the comics and play these mobile games to get the full story? If I am going to invest in a comic book series, I want to know I am getting a complete story without having to play mobile games on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I don't know anything about this series, but this looks like the start of something worth sinking your teeth into. The only thing that confuses me is this "multi-platform story world" business. Does that mean that I have to read the comics and play these mobile games to get the full story? If I am going to invest in a comic book series, I want to know I am getting a complete story without having to play mobile games on my phone.
    The comic is a self contained story you don't need to read the novels or play the games to understand it.

Matt

looks interesting, will give it a try.

Looks cool, I bought A Beautiful Friendship on a whim because I liked the cover art. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read it yet, even though I bought it when it was first released. When I saw this preview (and I had no idea it was expanding to comic books or movies) I thought it must be fate! :P

Is it part of an ongoing or is it the first issue of several mini series?

Anyway, I will definitely try the first issue, it's only 2.99 and I've been looking forward to add something other than a superhero book to my pull list.

Thanks for the clarification Matt. That takes care of my only concern for the book. You can count me in!

I am really looking forward to this. I have no experience with this World but Aphrodite IX and Think Tank are two of my favourite books out so i have no doubt i'll enjoy this as well.

It's been on my pull since it was announced.

Always wanted to check out the books. Definetly reading this. Gorgeous art, words cannot desribe it how great it looks.
    Last edited by Autarch Oolong; 02-22-2014 at 04:54 AM.

So obvious that its a Stjepan Sejic cover.

Got the first book in the series from Amazon, just got to get around to reading it, but I did decided to purchase the book in the first place because of this comic, so I'm very much looking forward to this!

So this is taking place between which books?

Listening to Matt talk this up on Doughnuts and Top Cow got me interested. First novel is free for Kindle btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    So obvious that its a Stjepan Sejic cover.
    Odd comment is odd...

Count me in on this too! I really like the idea and the art is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Odd comment is odd...
    It did come out odd didn't it. I was just citing the one thing I recognize , the art. But Looking at the book, its based on a long praised series. Which I plan on exploring