Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Daredevil #1

This March, the Eisner Award winning creative team returns for the next chapter in the saga of Matt Murdock, as the Man Without Fear rushes headlong into All-New Marvel NOW! Marvel is proud to present your first look at DAREDEVIL #1 - from the blockbuster creative team of Mark Waid & Chris Samnee!

Gifted with an imperceptible radar sense, blind lawyer Matt Murdock patrols the streets with a Billy club and a passion for justice. Only this time - it's a brand new city, with even more dangerous foes. Join Matt Murdock as he journeys from the dark streets of Hell's Kitchen to the sun-drenched boulevards of San Francisco.

And the scenery isn't the only new thing in store for Ol' Hornhead. A world of changes are in store for Matt Murdock as old haunts and familiar faces rise up to give the devil his due. Changes that will turn his life upside down yet again! Don't miss one moment of the highly anticipated series this March when DAREDEVIL #1 comes to comic shops and digital devices!

Full preview here.

Looks great, no surprise there. Excited for the new status quo. Few characters are so closely linked with their surroundings as Matt is with Hell's Kitchen...this should hopefully really shake things up.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Very cool! I love seeing how he's having to adjust to this vastly different environment. No flagpoles to bounce off, an abundance of trees (!), not as many buildings, etc. I wonder how a battle with Stilt-Man will differ in SF from NY? Where will Matt's new office be located? What is the fate of Foggy? Will Elektra/Black Widow/Dakota North track him to SF? Are there any SF/LA based heroes to meet/team up with? Man, I'm super stoked!

I wonder if Cali possibly getting broke up into 6 states will have any affect on DD?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I like that he's taking on some Goblin-esque goons.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Looks awesome, now, how am I going to get all of those variant covers...?
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

This, Hulk and Captain Marvel are relaunches I just don't see the point of since they're all keeping the same writer and thus building off all the previous work they've done. I mean of course Marvel wants that #1 sales boost, but will #5 really see that much better than #35? And once it gets collected its gonna be even more confusing for new fans if they wanna pick up Vol 1 of Daredevil by Waid.

All that being said it doesn't bother me enough not to pick up these type of books.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    This, Hulk and Captain Marvel are relaunches I just don't see the point of since they're all keeping the same writer and thus building off all the previous work they've done. I mean of course Marvel wants that #1 sales boost, but will #5 really see that much better than #35? And once it gets collected its gonna be even more confusing for new fans if they wanna pick up Vol 1 of Daredevil by Waid.

All that being said it doesn't bother me enough not to pick up these type of books.
    I actually agree with this. I think Waid should have bowed out to focus on something else...like Ant-man.

I can't think of where I'd put KSD other than a Jessica Drew ongoing, but that should at least be entertaining.

Again, I agree on Hulk. Waid's not really doing anything particularly interesting with Hulk right now, which is disappointing. That he's paired with Bagley, makes that relaunch a non-starter. Bagley has his fans and is one of the few artists that can deal with a regular print schedule (12+ issues a year) but his work also isn't particularly exciting.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

The preview looks great! I can't wait to see what Waid, and Samnee do with DD now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what new villains he faces now too.
    "Welcome to the party pal!" - John McClane - Die Hard

Really looking forward to Daredevil #37.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post

It was all done to try and boost sales really and nothing more. Indestructible Hulk was very lackluster and much like FF Marvel is trying to salvage it with a relaunch (even in this case it's the same writer), DD has technically never been part of Marvel Now, and Marvel is shoving Carol down our throats and insisting she'll work as a solo.

What a great idea sending Matt out to SF for a change of things.

Kudos to Steve Gerber for doing it 40 years ago.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

I have enjoyed all of Mark Waid's Daredevil run; I have all 36 issues. I just don't understand the reason for the relaunch other than to increase the price by $1. This is the only Marvel book that I have been purchasing. I'm not sure if I will continue with this series.

Those preview pages don't have a sense of deja vu to anyone else?
    Last edited by arp2008; 02-21-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    I just don't understand the reason for the relaunch other than to increase the price by $1.
    Seems to me you understand the reason for the relaunch just fine!