Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marquez Brings "Ultimate Spider-Man's" Milestones to Life

Artist David Marquez talks "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" #200, what waits for Miles Morales' in his upcoming self-titled series and shares exclusive art.

Full article here.

Elder Member

Pack your bags kids! We're going on a feels trip!

Kitty, Bobby, Johnny and Kong! My inner Ultimate U. Fan is screaming so much right now it looks beautiful.

I still wish they'd get another writer on the book. I tried it for the Marquez art, but Bendis just moves his plots so slowly.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Just bring Miles to 616 and let the ultimate world die. It served its purpose and frankly, it stopped being fun long time ago.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Bendis refuses to let go of Ultimate Spiderman...I know Robert Kirkman really wanted the book but, when Bendis started running out of ideas, he killed and replaced the character rather than let someone else give it a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only thing keeping the Ultimate line going at this point because Marvel just wants to keep him happy.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Bendis refuses to let go of Ultimate Spiderman...I know Robert Kirkman really wanted the book but, when Bendis started running out of ideas, he killed and replaced the character rather than let someone else give it a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only thing keeping the Ultimate line going at this point because Marvel just wants to keep him happy.
    Bendis already has the ICON line to himself, he should let go of Ultimate. I mean if he wants to be the boss of the Ultimate line, fine. I don't think he should write the books though.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Kong is back!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Bendis already has the ICON line to himself, he should let go of Ultimate. I mean if he wants to be the boss of the Ultimate line, fine. I don't think he should write the books though.
    The line is suffering a slow death anyway. They should just end it now...and bring Miles to the regular MU if they must (I don't really care either way). There is a reason people actually believe Cataclysm might have been the end of the line.

Great preview art. I got the biggest, dumbest smile on my face when Kong showed up. This looks like it's going to be one of those issues that reminds me why I fell in love with this book all those years ago.

The line is suffering a slow death anyway. They should just end it now...and bring Miles to the regular MU if they must (I don't really care either way). There is a reason people actually believe Cataclysm might have been the end of the line.
    People thought that five years ago, too. And then again three years ago. And then again the next year. It's nothing new.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

given the time skip since the death of Miles's mum would it not been 3 years since Peter died?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Great preview art. I got the biggest, dumbest smile on my face when Kong showed up. This looks like it's going to be one of those issues that reminds me why I fell in love with this book all those years ago.

People thought that five years ago, too. And then again three years ago. And then again the next year. It's nothing new.
    That's because the Ultimate line isn't the big draw that it used to be and everyone knows it. Each round of relaunches is seeing diminishing returns and Ultimate Spiderman is the only one that is arguably popular anymore and even it doesn't get much of a push these days. Unless there is a big turnaround, I can't imagine Marvel will keep it going more than another couple years at most. Plus, they HAVE to be running out of characters to kill and replace by now...and that is their go-to storyline (they seem to pride themselves on it).

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatethegoodnamesgone View Post
    given the time skip since the death of Miles's mum would it not been 3 years since Peter died?
    I'm surpised they're even saying it's been 2 years. Wouldn't that now mean Miles has been Spiderman as long or longer than Peter was? That just seems wrong to me when he's been around such a short period of time.

I'm surpised they're even saying it's been 2 years. Wouldn't that now mean Miles has been Spiderman as long or longer than Peter was? That just seems wrong to me when he's been around such a short period of time.
    The writers don't even care about the timeskip. It's already forgotten.

He didn't start acting as Spider-Man for a few months, and he had a 1 year break after Rio died.
    I'd say he has had the powers longer than Peter, but he hasn't been Spider-Man as long.