Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,982

    Default Marquez Brings "Ultimate Spider-Man's" Milestones to Life

    Artist David Marquez talks "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" #200, what waits for Miles Morales' in his upcoming self-titled series and shares exclusive art.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,964

    Default

    Pack your bags kids! We're going on a feels trip!

  3. #3
    ArcGospell ArcGospell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Kitty, Bobby, Johnny and Kong! My inner Ultimate U. Fan is screaming so much right now it looks beautiful.

  4. #4
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,161

    Default

    I still wish they'd get another writer on the book. I tried it for the Marquez art, but Bendis just moves his plots so slowly.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  5. #5
    Sentinels were right chakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the woods
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Just bring Miles to 616 and let the ultimate world die. It served its purpose and frankly, it stopped being fun long time ago.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

    Bellechere for the win!!!

    European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Bendis refuses to let go of Ultimate Spiderman...I know Robert Kirkman really wanted the book but, when Bendis started running out of ideas, he killed and replaced the character rather than let someone else give it a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only thing keeping the Ultimate line going at this point because Marvel just wants to keep him happy.

  7. #7
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Bendis refuses to let go of Ultimate Spiderman...I know Robert Kirkman really wanted the book but, when Bendis started running out of ideas, he killed and replaced the character rather than let someone else give it a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only thing keeping the Ultimate line going at this point because Marvel just wants to keep him happy.
    Bendis already has the ICON line to himself, he should let go of Ultimate. I mean if he wants to be the boss of the Ultimate line, fine. I don't think he should write the books though.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Kong is back!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Bendis already has the ICON line to himself, he should let go of Ultimate. I mean if he wants to be the boss of the Ultimate line, fine. I don't think he should write the books though.
    The line is suffering a slow death anyway. They should just end it now...and bring Miles to the regular MU if they must (I don't really care either way). There is a reason people actually believe Cataclysm might have been the end of the line.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,381

    Default

    Great preview art. I got the biggest, dumbest smile on my face when Kong showed up. This looks like it's going to be one of those issues that reminds me why I fell in love with this book all those years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    The line is suffering a slow death anyway. They should just end it now...and bring Miles to the regular MU if they must (I don't really care either way). There is a reason people actually believe Cataclysm might have been the end of the line.
    People thought that five years ago, too. And then again three years ago. And then again the next year. It's nothing new.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  11. #11

    Default

    given the time skip since the death of Miles's mum would it not been 3 years since Peter died?

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Great preview art. I got the biggest, dumbest smile on my face when Kong showed up. This looks like it's going to be one of those issues that reminds me why I fell in love with this book all those years ago.



    People thought that five years ago, too. And then again three years ago. And then again the next year. It's nothing new.
    That's because the Ultimate line isn't the big draw that it used to be and everyone knows it. Each round of relaunches is seeing diminishing returns and Ultimate Spiderman is the only one that is arguably popular anymore and even it doesn't get much of a push these days. Unless there is a big turnaround, I can't imagine Marvel will keep it going more than another couple years at most. Plus, they HAVE to be running out of characters to kill and replace by now...and that is their go-to storyline (they seem to pride themselves on it).

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatethegoodnamesgone View Post
    given the time skip since the death of Miles's mum would it not been 3 years since Peter died?
    I'm surpised they're even saying it's been 2 years. Wouldn't that now mean Miles has been Spiderman as long or longer than Peter was? That just seems wrong to me when he's been around such a short period of time.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I'm surpised they're even saying it's been 2 years. Wouldn't that now mean Miles has been Spiderman as long or longer than Peter was? That just seems wrong to me when he's been around such a short period of time.
    The writers don't even care about the timeskip. It's already forgotten.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I'm surpised they're even saying it's been 2 years. Wouldn't that now mean Miles has been Spiderman as long or longer than Peter was? That just seems wrong to me when he's been around such a short period of time.
    He didn't start acting as Spider-Man for a few months, and he had a 1 year break after Rio died.
    I'd say he has had the powers longer than Peter, but he hasn't been Spider-Man as long.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •